Nokia care centres (UK)

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what will happen to the Nokia care centres/shops in the UK, now the merger is a done deal. We have a local one and it's far easier to go in for support rather than being stuck in a phone queue.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off, I am in the U.S. and am working off of rumor- so please take this with the whole "grain of salt" cliche, but part of the purchase was the Nokia stores/support centers. It should stay open, or at least most should. Most likely will be rebranded sooner rather then later, but hopefully they should stay active.

*fingers crossed*

Type_Grey

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I looked up Nokia's U.K. Support page and found this from their FAQ page, located here: FAQ - FAQ - Transfer of Nokia Devices & Services to Microsoft - Nokia - UK

"What is changing with the Nokia Care Centers?"
There are no changes. Please continue using the Nokia Care Centers as before.

It's good to note that all existing warrantees and devices will continue to be honored by Microsoft, as evidenced here: Support - Userguides, updates and downloads - Nokia - UK

And here: Our journey begins - Conversations

And here by Microsoft (last sentence of the third paragraph): Microsoft officially welcomes the Nokia Devices and Services business

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the links. Have had a read and it does suggest the care centres won't change. Tbh I've always been surprised we have one, it's a tiny shop in a small town, with overpriced products, but invaluable for support. I've always thought it looked vulnerable to closure.

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Only had to use the Care Point's a couple of times and they were great in handling my problem :) So it's good news that nothing is changing! Thanks.

mildmanneredjanitor

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Wife managed to break 820 screen last year. I finally managed to break 920 screen last Friday. Where would we be without Nokia Care stores? Divorced maybe?
Save the stores!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans