10-01-2014 12:45 PM
63 123
tools
    Well that's just a drag and means it's your hatred about the name which ruled the market for fourteen years and still produces things which no one else can... The design, the quality, the camera each and every thing which you lack in your Droid and bloody iPhones
    Nobody wants Nokia smartphones, that's why they are dead and with heavy loses in Mobile. The Nokia brand can't sell smartphones, only dumb phones.
    04-29-2014 07:06 PM
    In my opinion k think I would rather have a Microsoft phone brand don't really like the Nokia name number branding hopefully now Microsoft does better in names.
    04-29-2014 07:14 PM
    Nobody wants Nokia smartphones, that's why they are dead and with heavy loses in Mobile. The Nokia brand can't sell smartphones, only dumb phones.
    Hm....symbiosis
    Without Nokia, most people never heard of Windows phone.
    You can't think of WP without Nokia and Nokia without WP.
    MS knows that, and if you think Ms bought nokia just for charity....think again. They need Nokia, if Nokia went down WP soon would follow.
    The few phones of Samsung and huawei would not have made any difference.
    04-29-2014 07:27 PM
    So tell us slick, who makes tthe best phone? I take it Samsung??
    04-29-2014 08:36 PM
    So tell us slick, who makes tthe best phone? I take it Samsung??
    Definitely not Nokia, most people don't like heavy and fat phones with big bezels. But sells are more related with the brand and market share, not so much with quality. People buy strong brands, flagship phones, popular phones, what everybody else have.
    04-29-2014 08:48 PM
    Definitely not Nokia, most people don't like heavy and fat phones with big bezels. But sells are more related with the brand and market share, not so much with quality. People buy strong brands, flagship phones, popular phones, what everybody else have.
    Well then sport what is the best phone, oh and my NOKIA LUMIA 1520 is thin as most other phones and its bezel is pretty small actually
    Mavee Shah likes this.
    04-29-2014 08:50 PM
    You are not clear on your own point you are just blaaa blaaa blaaa against Nokia... That's not good... Go get an idea man... Really...
    04-29-2014 10:34 PM
    I expect Nokia will do ok. Microsoft Mobile Oy, I'm not so sure about.
    Well if they really changed the name of logo i think they are also going to say ink their WP... Cause its Nokia which is WP and... If they did like what Google did to Motorola then that's literally known as abuse
    04-29-2014 10:36 PM
    I hope they still release Nokia but maybe it's time to embrace a new name too? I just hope sales,are there regardless :(

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    04-29-2014 10:48 PM
    First off... everyone keep the posts civil. This was, still remains, and most likely always will be a touchy subject. It could easily turn into a flaming pile of insults, forcing someone to kill the thread. I don't want that, because this is an important debate/moment for both WP fans and especially Nokia fans.

If you are a Nokia fan, this time is just depressing. My wife was a huge Oldsmobile fan, and when GM killed that line she was bummed for months. A friends father is a huge Ford Ranger fan and it has killed hime to see that line of vehicle killed. Brand loyalty is tough to come by, so when you have something you associate with quality go away, it blows chunks.

WP fans.... we all need to observe a moment of silence. We owe HTC for there being any Microsoft branded smartphone as they were the King of Windows Mobile. They also had the widest selection of WP 7 1st generation devices. Samsung deserves a ton of credit for showing how good devices could be- the Focus line and it's international releases were amazing performing devices. But, it was Nokia that showed what WP could really do. It was Nokia that pushed to get top level apps in the marketplace. It was Nokia's adoption of WP that got it in the mainstream media's headlines. It was Nokia that showed that tools and apps- Nokia mapping tech, Nokia Music, exclusive game and other apps- were the way to fight for sales. WP has shown growth in the last 2 years because of this great company. Is it a complete success? No, otherwise Nokia would still be Nokia. But, the base built since 2010 is mostly due to them.

If MS can keep the creative forces that was Nokia intact, then WP still has a great chance to thrive under whatever branding MS chooses. It was the people, not the name, that made it work. MS gave 250,000,000 dollars a quarter to get Nokia too be a WP exclusive, and now they have given billions to ensure they stay there. I am pumped for the future, and hopeful for the next gen of devices.

But, I will miss the name, silly ringtone, branding, and energy that came with Nokia-inspired WP devices.
    04-30-2014 01:17 AM
    I am saddened by the loss of Nokia to MS.
    It coud have been worse.
    MS would be foolish to rebrand.
    Mavee Shah likes this.
    04-30-2014 01:25 AM
    I could see Nokia on the front and maybe "by Microsoft Mobile" on the back with the WP logo.
    04-30-2014 01:37 AM
    The only reassuring thing with this merger is that people at Nokia, now at MS, get a lot more resources to keep going ahead with their design, build and technological advancements. As we know Nokia was actually dying with it's sales dropping after the Symbian stopped. So now it's just a different name they'll be working under. Still the same people with same ethics. Hope MS doesn't interfere too much in their way of making phones and tech! Rest assured, we will be seeing a lot more advanced phones now from "MS-Nokia".
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-30-2014 02:20 AM
    i never owned a nokia and probably never will. I cant justify paying $600 for a cellphone. Tho companies like Lenovo and Blu are gettting my interest. Enough specs to make the device good. but not to the point to where your paying for the box it seems.

cant wait to see what they do to windows phone. (tho I AM a loyal diehard of windows phone) as its litterally the only smartphone i ever had. Ive sold android devices to people working in retail and I swear quad core in android means slow as molasses. Where as my dual core wp is very zippy
    04-30-2014 04:55 AM
    I could see Nokia on the front and maybe "by Microsoft Mobile" on the back with the WP logo.
    May your words go true in future
    04-30-2014 05:56 AM
    I want the Nokia brand to be used but for selfish reasons :D

I don't want to "lose" my debates on my iOS-fan friends, because they use this as an evidence that Nokia "died" because of Apple.
    Nokia died because Apple is very very innovative.

They were also happy with the PC dying because of the iPads etc. lol.

am a loser if Nokia as a brand will not be used.

/sarcasm
    Mavee Shah and snowmutt like this.
    04-30-2014 06:14 AM
    I think you all (almost all) are silly. I won't buy gym shoes because it has a giant check mark on it, or because of some stupid name like Nike, Reebok or Sketchers. I try them on, walk around the store, I look at price and quality of build. So if the phone says MS Lumia 1520, it doesn't bother me a bit. It can say Apple Lumia 1520 for all I care. I love this phone and OS no matter who's name is imprinted on it. I don't buy the latest fad phones anymore, they all turned into disappointments (Except the HTC One). So enjoy your need for a name brand, it will get you no where but poorer... And this is from someone who has spend over $1,000 (To be honest, reselling the phones saved almost all of what I paid on them) on phones in the last year, trying different ones out and finding it just didn't live up to it's hype. I bought the 1520 not because of the hype (there really was none) but because I did a little research and trying it out in the store. I am convinced that I did not make a mistake this time.
    Chregu likes this.
    04-30-2014 06:16 AM
    I think you all (almost all) are silly. I won't buy gym shoes because it has a giant check mark on it, or because of some stupid name like Nike, Reebok or Sketchers. I try them on, walk around the store, I look at price and quality of build. So if the phone says MS Lumia 1520, it doesn't bother me a bit. It can say Apple Lumia 1520 for all I care. I love this phone and OS no matter who's name is imprinted on it. I don't buy the latest fad phones anymore, they all turned into disappointments (Except the HTC One). So enjoy your need for a name brand, it will get you no where but poorer... And this is from someone who has spend over $1,000 (To be honest, reselling the phones saved almost all of what I paid on them) on phones in the last year, trying different ones out and finding it just didn't live up to it's hype. I bought the 1520 not because of the hype (there really was none) but because I did a little research and trying it out in the store. I am convinced that I did not make a mistake this time.
    I agree. All this talk about loyalty confuses me very much.

Guys, be loyal to your family, to your friends, to the company you are working for. But there's really no reason at all to be loyal to a brand. It just makes no sense, it will only make you paying more for less. Buy what fits you best for the best price.

And you might have guessed, I really don't care a bit what the future phones will be called, as long as the same quality is provided.
    oditius likes this.
    04-30-2014 09:18 AM
    You are not clear on your own point you are just blaaa blaaa blaaa against Nokia... That's not good... Go get an idea man... Really...
    My point is clear, the Nokia brand is broken and Microsoft can't fix it. WP needs a new brand that creates excitement. People don't buy technology motivated by nostalgia.
    oditius likes this.
    04-30-2014 09:28 AM
    My wife was a huge Oldsmobile fan, and when GM killed that line she was bummed for months.
    Wow - some punishment there.
    oditius and snowmutt like this.
    04-30-2014 10:38 AM
    My point is clear, the Nokia brand is broken and Microsoft can't fix it. WP needs a new brand that creates excitement. People don't buy technology motivated by nostalgia.
    Yet you still wont say what you think is the best phone..enjoy sport.

I'm done feeding this troll.
    04-30-2014 11:15 AM
    As some others have said I don't buy a particular product because I am loyal to a faceless corporation or a logo. I buy a product because it has the features that I want, it has good quality, the company has good customer service, the company has good morals etc. If the next Lumia phones are good quality then I don't really care which name is on the phone.
    jevans911 likes this.
    04-30-2014 11:17 AM
    Nokia, I can't imagine mobile world without Nokia

already I lost interest in WP 8.1 when I read that Nokia name will not be used as a smartphones logo anymore.

Nokia forever.............................................................
    Mavee Shah likes this.
    04-30-2014 04:43 PM

already I lost interest in WP 8.1 when I read that Nokia name will not be used as a smartphones logo anymore.

Either you read false information or you just want to be a troll. Because the truth is that Microsoft will use the Nokia name for possibly the next 10 years. And if that's all it takes for you to lose interest in a great product, then you're just being ridiculous.
    Mavee Shah and jevans911 like this.
    04-30-2014 04:47 PM

Dude, it's the same people making the same awesome devices, but under a new umbrella so that they can talk to Microsoft faster and easier so newer phones can come out sooner rather than later. I don't so this being an issue.

Perfect example is both the 520 and 1020, they both would have been released sooner if this deal had been finalized last year, but they weren't.
    04-30-2014 05:05 PM
63 123