Live long Nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I expect Nokia will do ok. Microsoft Mobile Oy, I'm not so sure about.

Microsoft in itself will be ok because of 90% of the world depends on there OS as far as the WP/RT side of it idk its as if its a pet project at times like Microsoft knows whether they fail with it, it wouldn't hurt them. Its like where I work the place has been here sense 1904, its paid for meaning little overhead and the owners and there kids have outside investments (apartment complexs/properties) and money they have from this business yet the way they run it is insane, putting absolutely no $$ back into it yet spending it on new investment opportunities outside of what this business does (properties to build apartments) they know if this business folds tomorrow they don't care and it wont hurt them one bit.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I really only loved Nokia because of the fantastic Windows Phones. But I would love to see more just Microsoft branding. I also want to see a windows phone logo on the back of the device.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well that's just a drag and means it's your hatred about the name which ruled the market for fourteen years and still produces things which no one else can... The design, the quality, the camera each and every thing which you lack in your Droid and bloody iPhones

Nobody wants Nokia smartphones, that's why they are dead and with heavy loses in Mobile. The Nokia brand can't sell smartphones, only dumb phones.

T3XAZ_307

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion k think I would rather have a Microsoft phone brand don't really like the Nokia name number branding hopefully now Microsoft does better in names.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Nobody wants Nokia smartphones, that's why they are dead and with heavy loses in Mobile. The Nokia brand can't sell smartphones, only dumb phones.

Hm....symbiosis
Without Nokia, most people never heard of Windows phone.
You can't think of WP without Nokia and Nokia without WP.
MS knows that, and if you think Ms bought nokia just for charity....think again. They need Nokia, if Nokia went down WP soon would follow.
The few phones of Samsung and huawei would not have made any difference.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So tell us slick, who makes tthe best phone? I take it Samsung??

Definitely not Nokia, most people don't like heavy and fat phones with big bezels. But sells are more related with the brand and market share, not so much with quality. People buy strong brands, flagship phones, popular phones, what everybody else have.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not Nokia, most people don't like heavy and fat phones with big bezels. But sells are more related with the brand and market share, not so much with quality. People buy strong brands, flagship phones, popular phones, what everybody else have.

Well then sport what is the best phone, oh and my NOKIA LUMIA 1520 is thin as most other phones and its bezel is pretty small actually

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

You are not clear on your own point you are just blaaa blaaa blaaa against Nokia... That's not good... Go get an idea man... Really...

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I expect Nokia will do ok. Microsoft Mobile Oy, I'm not so sure about.

Well if they really changed the name of logo i think they are also going to say ink their WP... Cause its Nokia which is WP and... If they did like what Google did to Motorola then that's literally known as abuse

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I hope they still release Nokia but maybe it's time to embrace a new name too? I just hope sales,are there regardless :(

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off... everyone keep the posts civil. This was, still remains, and most likely always will be a touchy subject. It could easily turn into a flaming pile of insults, forcing someone to kill the thread. I don't want that, because this is an important debate/moment for both WP fans and especially Nokia fans.

If you are a Nokia fan, this time is just depressing. My wife was a huge Oldsmobile fan, and when GM killed that line she was bummed for months. A friends father is a huge Ford Ranger fan and it has killed hime to see that line of vehicle killed. Brand loyalty is tough to come by, so when you have something you associate with quality go away, it blows chunks.

WP fans.... we all need to observe a moment of silence. We owe HTC for there being any Microsoft branded smartphone as they were the King of Windows Mobile. They also had the widest selection of WP 7 1st generation devices. Samsung deserves a ton of credit for showing how good devices could be- the Focus line and it's international releases were amazing performing devices. But, it was Nokia that showed what WP could really do. It was Nokia that pushed to get top level apps in the marketplace. It was Nokia's adoption of WP that got it in the mainstream media's headlines. It was Nokia that showed that tools and apps- Nokia mapping tech, Nokia Music, exclusive game and other apps- were the way to fight for sales. WP has shown growth in the last 2 years because of this great company. Is it a complete success? No, otherwise Nokia would still be Nokia. But, the base built since 2010 is mostly due to them.

If MS can keep the creative forces that was Nokia intact, then WP still has a great chance to thrive under whatever branding MS chooses. It was the people, not the name, that made it work. MS gave 250,000,000 dollars a quarter to get Nokia too be a WP exclusive, and now they have given billions to ensure they stay there. I am pumped for the future, and hopeful for the next gen of devices.

But, I will miss the name, silly ringtone, branding, and energy that came with Nokia-inspired WP devices.

Sanmaan Bodake

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The only reassuring thing with this merger is that people at Nokia, now at MS, get a lot more resources to keep going ahead with their design, build and technological advancements. As we know Nokia was actually dying with it's sales dropping after the Symbian stopped. So now it's just a different name they'll be working under. Still the same people with same ethics. Hope MS doesn't interfere too much in their way of making phones and tech! Rest assured, we will be seeing a lot more advanced phones now from "MS-Nokia".

SgtBigRig

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
i never owned a nokia and probably never will. I cant justify paying $600 for a cellphone. Tho companies like Lenovo and Blu are gettting my interest. Enough specs to make the device good. but not to the point to where your paying for the box it seems.

cant wait to see what they do to windows phone. (tho I AM a loyal diehard of windows phone) as its litterally the only smartphone i ever had. Ive sold android devices to people working in retail and I swear quad core in android means slow as molasses. Where as my dual core wp is very zippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)