Live long Nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey friends i just read in wp central that branding of coming windows phone may depend upon the feedback from consumers...
So i started this conversation that who else in there wanna see nokia branding from Microsoft...cause I love Nokia Lumia...

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey friends i just read in wp central that branding of coming windows phone may depend upon the feedback from consumers...
So i started this conversation that who else in there wanna see nokia branding from Microsoft...cause I love Nokia Lumia...

I think you mean "Long live Nokia" (as in "Long live the King!") not "live long and prosper"

Anyway, I like the name too, there is a lot of clout in the name "Nokia" and people really like the quality that is associated with their devices. I've never much cared for the Lumia name...and really don't care to have a Microsoft Nokia Lumia 930...that just seems over board. But Surface has really grown too, and should be getting a lot of recognition also so I could really see them calling the top of the line/flagship devices a Surface phone.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I WONT buy a wp device from MS if they wont use the Nokia brand..Simple as that.
I will force myself to buy another's company windows phone!

Nokia is the King.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I WONT buy a wp device from MS if they wont use the Nokia brand..Simple as that.
I will force myself to buy another's company windows phone!

Nokia is the King.
Well that's what loyalty is and MS doesn't even know what loyalty is they just wanna increase their earnings

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I think you mean "Long live Nokia" (as in "Long live the King!") not "live long and prosper"

Anyway, I like the name too, there is a lot of clout in the name "Nokia" and people really like the quality that is associated with their devices. I've never much cared for the Lumia name...and really don't care to have a Microsoft Nokia Lumia 930...that just seems over board. But Surface has really grown too, and should be getting a lot of recognition also so I could really see them calling the top of the line/flagship devices a Surface phone.

Aahhhhh... Surface... Man that's a real annoying thing damn it

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have never used a phone other than the brand - Nokia. I would be happy if MS don't rename it.
Nokia Lumia sounds good than Microsoft Mobile :p

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I only bought a Samsung once, all the others were Nokias, I hope that it will stay that way, Microsoft Mobile sounds embarrassing...

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The awful numbers of the first quarter show that the Nokia brand has zero impact in sales. Even if Microsoft use the brand "This is a Piece of S***" they would sell more phones.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is stupid if they drop the "Nokia" brand

"Nokia" is synonymous with "mobile phone", esp. the third world countries

Nokia is synonymous of dumb phones, legacy technology, lack of excitement, and a symbol of failure in smartphone. The brand is destroyed like BlackBerry.

Sanmaan Bodake

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Nokia is synonymous of dumb phones, legacy technology, lack of excitement, and a symbol of failure in smartphone. The brand is destroyed like BlackBerry.

Maybe you have buttons in place of your eyes and your sense of recognition has been hit by a comet. I've not met a single person so far who has not liked Nokia's Lumia phones. Even Android/Apple fanatics acknowledge the beauty and functionality of WPs. Lack of excitement? Try Samsung's Galaxy S range. Maybe it's design will excite you. Stuff like Nokia Camera, refocus and the rest camera options are great and i am actually ditching my DSLR for common shots. So please feel free to blabber more non-sense stuff about Nokia! Will be glad to be of some more help to you.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Dumb phones and legacy technology hahahaha ok sport, snapdragon 800, one of the best cameras in the smartphone industry, some of the best build quality in the industry, best battery life, they use the same screen technology that the high end androids use.

Look at the iPhone if you want to talk about out dated and legacy!!

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Dumb phones and legacy technology hahahaha ok sport, snapdragon 800, one of the best cameras in the smartphone industry, some of the best build quality in the industry, best battery life, they use the same screen technology that the high end androids use.

Look at the iPhone if you want to talk about out dated and legacy!!

I understand rodan's point. Nokia does not mean smartphone in people's mind, but old-school dumbphones with tiny screens and the Snake game on them. I even suspect Lumia is now more modern and evocative as a brand than Nokia.

Sure Nokia does make awesome smartphones. But nobody knows it... Windows phone is being talked about, people vaguely heard about Lumia's photography prowess.

However Nokia has become a thing of the past. Sad but true, it is has-been. It only bears a nostalgic value to people. It is now little more than a fond memory, and people go buy Samsung or Apple phones...

This said by a Nokia fan, absolutely sorry to see how favorite phone brand go this way...

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
You need to look at marketing, LG makes the best android phone today with HTC a close 2nd, there not widely known because of the lack of marketing just like Microsoft/Nokia suffer from. Samsung and apple spend more on marketing per year then all those 3 combined.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
You need to look at marketing, LG makes the best android phone today with HTC a close 2nd, there not widely known because of the lack of marketing just like Microsoft/Nokia suffer from. Samsung and apple spend more on marketing per year then all those 3 combined.

May be that's a reason but i would still resist on Nokia loyalty...it's the name most popular in markets like aisa(China and India)
Insect to sell apple's accessories people need to make Nokia brands logo on their packaging, so that it might attract more people and if and only if...MS withdraws that logo they are going to lose their market in Asia much badly

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Well that's just a drag and means it's your hatred about the name which ruled the market for fourteen years and still produces things which no one else can... The design, the quality, the camera each and every thing which you lack in your Droid and bloody iPhones

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
May be that's a reason but i would still resist on Nokia loyalty...it's the name most popular in markets like aisa(China and India)
Insect to sell apple's accessories people need to make Nokia brands logo on their packaging, so that it might attract more people and if and only if...MS withdraws that logo they are going to lose their market in Asia much badly

Exactly loyalty, people will know its a Nokia regardless of what's on it just as apple could polish up a turd shaped like an iPhone and it will sell millions regardless if it has an apple logo on it or not.

Lamborghini is owned and built by Audi yet the Lamborghini loyals still buy it.

Right now Nokia is one of the few phone manufacturers and the biggest that offer windows OS and that windows phone fan base isn't going anywhere regardless if MS owns Nokia or HTC or Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99