please please help with outlook/mail app

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
so I spent 2 hours from 10:40 pm to 12:40 AM trying to figure this out on my windows 8.1 machine. and I have to be up to go to work at 6 am! I know stupid me for spending the time.

I cannot find the star icon for favorites in the mail app and outlook. so I am basically unable to star any message! I can flag messages but I cannot store certain messages in favorites folder. windows 8.1 allows you to designate certain contacts as favorites. but I am not interested in designating contacts. I am interested in designated certain email messages as favorites. in gmail, all you have to do is click on the star next to the message. I cannot see a star in outlook or the metro mail app. when I click on folder icon in the left pane on the mail app, it shows me folders and a star next to the folder but that's a totally different star that has nothing to do with favorites. please help me figure this out. I searched the whole internet but it seems that no one has brought up the issue. please help with any clue. I paid 1200$ for this machine I should be able to star an email message darn it.
please let me know if you have a solution.

if you click on this link, you ll see a picture of the mail app with the star included in the left pane. do you guys have that star in the left pane of your metro mail app? I neither have it in metro nor outlook. no star what so ever!
http://pureinfotech.com/2013/08/22/windows-8-1-mail-app/

this is what I am talking about: note the STAR!
untitled.png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The Star is for Favourite contacts. Not emails. There's a whole help section on the Microsoft site that explains this: Organising your emails - Microsoft Windows

Thing to keep in mind is that the Mail app on Windows 8.1 is not the same as Gmail. They're two different systems so they don't operate the same way. Why not just create a folder and call it Favourite Emails and dump them in there? Wouldn't that be the same thing?

I'm sure there's some reason for wanting it the same way as Gmail but it's either not going to happen or it may come in a future update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos