Sigh one note ios

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
From PC world : Microsoft also said the OneNote for the iPhone update frees the app from the Mac, allowing it to create its own notebooks. "This means that you can now create a new notebook, share it with others, and get on the same page?all from the convenience of an iPhone," Microsoft said.

Microsoft also added Office Lens to the iPhone, one of the niftiest features of OneNote. Office Lens turns the iPhone into a portable scanner. Take a picture of a brochure, for example, and it automatically reformats it to best effect. Even better, Office Lens for the iPhone includes optical character recognition (OCR), which can take that brochure and turn it into editable text.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That is a bummer but I still think the one note is better on windows phone. You can send a note via email and it sends the text. On iPhone you have to send it as a pdf or OneNote doc

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
At this point it's not even worth mentioning, Microsoft obviously values ios over WP and that's not going to change anytime soon.

And I'm not sure how anyone can claim the WP version is better, just try and do the functions that were added to ios on a WP and see what happens.

nikkisharif

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
This is crazy!!! I have an iPhone and I just assumed the features introduced with the iOS version were already on the WP version. I don't understand the logic:shocked:

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
This is crazy!!! I have an iPhone and I just assumed the features introduced with the iOS version were already on the WP version. I don't understand the logic:shocked:

The logic is very simple. There are quite a lot more iPhones in use than Windows Phones. Therefore, it makes sense to prioritise the development of iOS apps over WP apps. Hope it makes sense now.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The logic is very simple. There are quite a lot more iPhones in use than Windows Phones. Therefore, it makes sense to prioritise the development of iOS apps over WP apps. Hope it makes sense now.

You make a great point and it makes perfect sense :)

The App issue is real, and really Microsoft should be able to implement the changes on IOS and Windows Phone at the same time but I believe that Office on Windows Phone is part of the OS and not a separate App, I am also pretty sure they can be separated in a future update like how One Note was separated from Office in Windows Phone 8 as an app.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

So when does this situation change? With the slow rollout (again) of a major update to the WP OS, continued lack of apps, lackluster and limited hardware at what point does WP become enough of a priority to Microsoft that they treat it the same as the competition? Or are we as WP users just supposed to accept being second class citizens to parts of Microsoft?

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I think if they made separate apps we will be fine on that. But we do need to bridge that gap because apps truly make a smartphone smart. I.e. Nest, credit card, etc..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa