Microsoft Store Give Away Details

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I just came back from the Microsoft store to ask about the phone giveaway. Here's what I found out since the reporting I've read so far hasn't been too specific:

-The giveaway is all weekend from Saturday-Sunday.
-8 phones a day per store (16 total for the weekend)
-An employee will be walking around the store with a phone and will randomly approach people or there will be a booth.
-There is a question on the phone you have to answer after you fill out a general info screen
-If you answer it correctly you HAVE A CHANCE of winning a phone of your choosing (1520, 1020 or 928 while supplies last).
-If you don't win a phone you still win smaller prizes like 10% off purchases and stuff

I may just be hanging out all day at the Microsoft store on Saturday... I hope the questions are really easy or spec based!

When you think about it, since Microsoft stores aren't super popular (at least the one near me), the odds of winning shouldnt be too crazy (1:100?). I really doubt 1000 people walk in that store per day...and also enter the contest

Last edited:

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to add that you dont have to purchase anything to participate. You can just hang out at the store like a bum!!! Im good at that!

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I will make sure I do that ;P

Just stay away from my store!!!! Its mine you hear! Mine, Mine, MINE!!! You guys should keep an eye on the news this weekend for a headline reading, "Belligerent Short Asian guy cursing while pushing people out of Microsoft Store"

TX6shooter

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Here are the official rules:
They can be found at: OPPORTUNITY RINGS INSTANT WIN
4.How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit https://microsoftstore.promo.eprize.com/opportunityrings from a Nokia Lumia 1520 device that will be made available in participating Microsoft Store retail locations and complete and submit the registration form, including a valid email address. Once you submit the form, you will automatically proceed to the Instant Win Game page and receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Entrants will be notified immediately by email if they are potential winners of the Instant Win Game and will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Just played at the SLC store. I got the question right. You just enter your info into a phone. Only got a 10% coupon so simply answering the question right doesn't mean you win.

The question was where did Cortana originate from (Halo).

The store is completely dead and they are closed on Sunday. So 8 not 16 random winners. Lame.

It's a lottery system. Wasted a trip.

TommyC1969

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
You weren't guaranteed to win a phone. You made the trip for the chance to win a phone. You got the chance. How could your trip have been wasted?

Sent from my XT1056 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
You weren't guaranteed to win a phone. You made the trip for the chance to win a phone. You got the chance. How could your trip have been wasted?

Sent from my XT1056 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
The OP says if you get the question right you win a phone. I was clarifying for others. A later cut and paste of the terms clarifies though. My bad for posting I guess.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The official rules also indicate: " Prizes: ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED (1,200) GRAND PRIZES: One (1) of the following Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 models: the 1520, the 1020, or the 928 (model for each winner can be selected by winner while supplies last)."

NOT an Icon, but a 928

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the misleading/inaccurate info guys. Thats the last time I'll take a store employees word for it! I've updated the top post to reflect the rules. Gonna head over there anyways to see if I can win

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Damnit, got there at 1:30pm and they already gave out all 8! They started giving them out at 11! WTF! OK...Im getting there at 11 tomorrow.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Between two stores and different people, my wife and I entered 5 times. No dice. The stores are all dead. Oh well guess someone else won them. Will try again tomorrow.

Dennis Barry

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the play once per day is per store as well? There is a kiosk store and a b&m store both fairly close to my home. I might run to both tomorrow, but if you can only play once total I will only go to one of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital