..... I have a few questions. I know that Microsoft has the license to use Nokia. I know that t they have that for 18 months.

1. What happens to the current Nokia handsets? Are they now under-the-hood branded as Microsoft or are they the original Nokia? Well if they are still Nokia, what happens when the license expires? Does it become like Microsoft Lumia 930 (or however they decide to name it) in the software level even if they will be a Nokia badge up top? (That is, after the license expires, will in the about settings of a Nokia Lumia 930 will it say Nokia Lumia 930 or Microsoft Lumia 930?)

2. Is the support now given by Microsoft support employees (who were previously Nokia support employees) or is it still by the original Nokia?

3. What happens to the Nokia care, recycle centers, etc after the license expires? Do they all become Microsoft properties? (Microsoft stores all over the world now, please!!!!!!)

4. Extending the 2nd question, is the support email still customercare@nokia.com? If yes, what happens when the license expires?
    05-02-2014 10:24 AM
    1. Ok, so as I understand it, the Devices branch of Nokia was purchased. By the looks of it, it will be the same people working on the devices, just with a different name over their head.
    We don't know what exactly will happen to the current Nokia one's, but they were safe to consider the WP flagship line and it is likely branding on those devices will never change. Its such a minor detail however.

2. Support is by the same people, just under MS's wing. Nokia itself no longer has the facilities to support us since MS has purchased them. Unless of course, mapping is what we need.

3. I believe MS acquired all of the relevant outlets.

4. As of now, and it will likely be changed eventually, but it shouldn't be hard to find.
    05-02-2014 07:45 PM