Any insane deals going on on new phones right now?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who's after a new phone, preferably the 100-200 range, the lower the better and i'm just wondering if there's any sort of crazy deal on any decent cell phones right now.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing crazy right now. But there are some nicely prices phones here and there.

But before we start throwing out phones in your price range (what currency? US Dollars? We get a lot of international users here)
And where are you located? (phone availability varies by location)
What carrier does he intend to use it on? (a big factor)

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing crazy right now. But there are some nicely prices phones here and there.

But before we start throwing out phones in your price range (what currency? US Dollars? We get a lot of international users here)
And where are you located? (phone availability varies by location)
What carrier does he intend to use it on? (a big factor)
Austin, TX any GSM carrier, US dollars and prpeferably something with FFC in new or refurb condition.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Austin, TX any GSM carrier, US dollars and prpeferably something with FFC in new or refurb condition.

Ah ok, just making sure.
Also reading you would prefer not to get into a contract, which helps too.

The Nokia Lumia 520 and 521, locked to ATT and T-Mobile respectively are *the* budget offerings, commonly available below $100 new. However, cost had to be cut somewhere and no FFC is onboard.

I'm pretty sure ATT-subsidiary AIO Wireless carries the 620 which is a nice step up in most areas, including a FFC, its in your price grade off-contract.

If you can pick up either of those unlocked on Amazon, its an option.

Also, which I did for my sister was pick up a 521 and toss in a Straight Talk SIM. (the T-Mo compatible SIM) for slightly under $45/mo. (she bought it by the year)

Other than those, your best options for a higher end model (or a lower price) would be secondhand (if the savings is worth the risk) or waiting for one of those deals to swing around, but i don't think anything short of a Ouija board would help. There's been a $200 T-Mo 925 sale on some website (If memory serves me right) a few weeks ago and an official $70 ATT 925 - requiring new prepaid service though.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
2 gig data restriction would last her all of a day. She's a data analyst and listens to music on her phone all day... I'm looking at cheap 620s now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium