Microsoft ads hitting new low...

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I got a text from Microsoft, promoting their Mother's day deal with L520 and a case. Then, less than a minute later a second text arrived, it's a picture text this time and lo and behold:

V__96BB.jpg

I literally stared at the picture for a minute not knowing how to comment on it. Do they not realize it sounds like an insult/bad joke? What are they trying to express with this image??? I can't fathom what went through in their marketing meeting

"let's do an ad for Mother's day"
"yes, for the 520 promotion"
"What's our message with the ad?"
"well it's about mothers, like, to your mom"
"your mom?"
"yea."
"Anything witty or heartwarming or showing features?"
"No we are all about simplicity, plus, less message, easier to get approved"
"okay then"
"you wanna go get some food now?"
"yes."

At this point I'd rather them not do any marketing.:unhappy:

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like it, It's a simple message and hide the complexity of giving a smartphone to a non-techy mom.

Too much emotion should be avoided, you are giving a low end phone, not an iPhone. It would be a contradiction.

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I like it, It's a simple message and hide the complexity of giving a smartphone to a non-techy mom.

Too much emotion should be avoided, you are giving a low end phone, not an iPhone. It would be a contradiction.

I hope you are being sarcastic. It's not simple, it's lacking ANY substance; they might as well just show a start screen, or better yet, a beautiful lockscreen with the date set to Mother's Day this Sunday.

And Low-end phone = no emotion? Sure, it is on the low end of spectrum for hardware and price, and consumers buying this phone likely have limited purchasing power for high end stuff, but that doesn't mean you gotta "put them in their place" but showing a crappy ad. It's like mocking them. People buying a phone would want to love their phone, regardless of spec and price; and people who have not yet bought a smartphone should be shown that this is a great phone to have.

In fact, keeping everything simple, if they just used "Dear Mom", instead of "your mom", would've made it a lot more attractive to consumers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos