05-16-2014 07:43 AM
158 ... 567
tools
    About 50% of the market is untouched and still using dumb phones. Cut your percentages by half.
    ​Wrong, WP has 4% of the smartphone market, not talking about feature phones.....
    05-14-2014 03:00 PM
    I think MS are secretly given up on Windows Phone - With no real advertising, no real push for the product, very slow updates, lack of key apps, with 8.1 now stripping away key features and only just catching up in areas with Android & iOS - though still behind; also W8 is a failure - people hate it!! Kinect now being dropped. MS just seem to slow in everything, esp on WP, and which usually indicates a lack of future support and long term plan (just look at MS history in supporting its products Zune, Xbox, WP7, Kinect..etc) with investors wanting MS to pull out of hardware (Phones/Consoles/Tablets) - its only a matter of time! Sad but true!!!
    05-14-2014 05:09 PM
    I think MS are secretly given up on Windows Phone - With no real advertising, no real push for the product, very slow updates, lack of key apps, with 8.1 now stripping away key features and only just catching up in areas with Android & iOS - though still behind; also W8 is a failure - people hate it!! Kinect now being dropped. MS just seem to slow in everything, esp on WP, and which usually indicates a lack of future support and long term plan (just look at MS history in supporting its products Zune, Xbox, WP7, Kinect..etc) with investors wanting MS to pull out of hardware (Phones/Consoles/Tablets) - its only a matter of time! Sad but true!!!

Very slow updates? Apps have being updating one by one since the past days! They have not given up on WP and there are new manufacturers for it.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    05-14-2014 05:53 PM
    Why would they buy Nokia if they are secretly giving up on Windows Phone?
    05-14-2014 05:55 PM
    I got W8p thinking it will be a great phone, but realized it had many key & basic features missing compared to other smartphone OS. Am on contract, but MS have just taken away key features with 8.1 update, and only added features to catch up with Android and Apple, though still MS are behind in what they tried to catch up with: Music, Photos, People, Video have all been made worse under 8.1. The 8.1 preview is actually the almost final version, so don't expect the missing features and functions to return in Music, Video, Photos, Me/People - which all made Wp more enjoyable; but not now!
    05-15-2014 10:32 AM
    You're obviously not a MS fan and that's cool. It's a free country and you like what you like. However, the steps that Microsoft has been taking contradict your line of thinking. Why would they bother with the rumored WP9 then? Windows 8 isn't a failure. The only people who hate it are those
    who resistant to change and those brainwashed iSheep! I read yesterday that Apple plans to add the multitasking feature of "Snapping" apps side by side just like on Windows 8. Why would they do that if people hate it so much? Mark my words, when they do it the headlines will be: Apple innovates and changes the world again!
    SwimSwim and Robinsonmac like this.
    05-15-2014 06:58 PM
    I got W8p thinking it will be a great phone, but realized it had many key & basic features missing compared to other smartphone OS. Am on contract, but MS have just taken away key features with 8.1 update, and only added features to catch up with Android and Apple, though still MS are behind in what they tried to catch up with: Music, Photos, People, Video have all been made worse under 8.1. The 8.1 preview is actually the almost final version, so don't expect the missing features and functions to return in Music, Video, Photos, Me/People - which all made Wp more enjoyable; but not now!
    The whole idea was so that these can all be updated separately as apps. Even if the 8.1 preview is RTM - Music, Video, Games, etc. will still get updates a lot more often than waiting for the whole OS to be updated. In fact, they have already been updated a few times and will likely be updated a few more times before we start getting the official 8.1 update. If they really intended on abandoning WP, why would they go through so much effort to separate these? I don't understand how separating features into apps so that they can be updated independently translates to abandoning WP.
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    05-15-2014 09:40 PM
    I think the problem is beyond marketing. As others have mentioned, once people get used to something, they don't like change, even if the change is a little be better.

For Windows Phone to succeed, they have to be able to do things iPhone and Android cannot do.

I do disagree. A lot of people in this thread and myself have talked about people who like how their iPhone or Android phone works and don't like WP because it's different and makes them learn it again when they already know how their current phone works.

With that WP needs to be able to do what their current phones already do in order to get them to switch.
    A895 likes this.
    05-16-2014 07:43 AM
158 ... 567