Why Microsoft has a huge uphill battle with consumers..

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
For me I don't want Google to handle my data. For this reason alone I left using Google's service and can be the reason alone to keep me away from Android, apart from other issues as well.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's not just apps that is the problem,but biases and outright ignorance of WP in general too.

Tell me,what Google services are you missing on WP these days. Everyday I see folks saying this and I have to wonder if they have bothered looking in the WP store for them. Sure I know there are certain regional apps that might be missing you need,but what Google services are you talking about. The hub is there,as too the cloud and also their Email,Maps,and search so exactly what is missing?

Mac

Google Keep, Google Docs, Google Maps, Google Music, and Google Chrome and bookmark sync. I have looked into the WP store, majority of the apps I use are not there.

Yahoo Apps

Don't Tap The White Tiles

CloudMagic

Plague Inc

Opera

None of these are there. But I digress, not everyone's smartphone needs are like mines so this is just what I am missing and what I currently have on my phone.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
For me I don't want Google to handle my data. For this reason alone I left using Google's service and can be the reason alone to keep me away from Android, apart from other issues as well.

Besides Google Plus intrusiveness (I hate it too). What are your current gripes with Android?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Sell the 5S and get the Moto G. Better to go for a sure thing and have the cash instead of getting stuck on a phone you may not like down the road. I stopped toying with the idea of WP because I realize now I use too much of Google and certain function that would be missing in WP. Though I may look at it again next year, for now though I need the best functionality right now for my services and Android is just that. Some may not agree with this, but I rather be safe than sorry.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Yeah, I'd be more comfortable going with a moto g I think than the other because I'm more comfortable with that app selection.

Wonder how a moto g would stack up to a 5S though considering the price difference is huge.

speedfreak1187

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Google Keep, Google Docs, Google Maps, Google Music, and Google Chrome and bookmark sync. I have looked into the WP store, majority of the apps I use are not there.

Yahoo Apps

CloudMagic

Plague Inc

Opera

None of these are there. But I digress, not everyone's smartphone needs are like mines so this is just what I am missing and what I currently have on my phone.
Didnt search for the others but i have the tile game on my phone.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Yahoo Apps

CloudMagic

Plague Inc

Opera

Your wrong again except for the game...

See...your so intent on BS's folks it's unreal.

Go back to the Android forums and stay there

Mac

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
The game plague that is. I too wish it was ported over,but it isn't and really isn't a major factor in this.

Keep stating wrong facts,you're just burying yourself

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Your wrong again except for the game...

See...your so intent on BS's folks it's unreal.

Go back to the Android forums and stay there

Mac

All I did was state what isn't there. How is that BS?

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I was considering them in the future, but being the Google services users and weighing my pros and cons I stayed on Android. I DO NOT say "hey everyone Android is better leave WP". I want to stop misconceptions of Android. Peoples perceptions of other OS's is skewed heavily and common misconceptions (especially when someone has't even looked at Android in the past year) are not helpful. I would hope that on a forums people are honest and not just exaggerating and saying bald faced mistruths but unfortunately it happens here and even more often on CrackBerry than anywhere else I have seen in Mobile Nations. If my defending on misconceptions on Android are wrong then by all means point it out, but just calling me troll does not add to the discussion. It derails the thread, so therefore I will not be responding to you anymore and I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Yeah, you defend Android, which is fine, but you also constantly attack WP while trying to project a false interest in the OS. Every time someone points out that you are not a WP user, you toss out some vague reference to a future possibility of owning WP but then continue to bash it. That is the exact definition of a concern troll. It seeks to acquire credibility by expressing a "concern" for the topic when really it is just there to spread FUD. Your posts tell the story--I am just pointing it out to the unsuspecting few that may not have seen your MO.

With respect to derailing the thread, can you tell me how your comments advising someone to get a Moto G and telling them how WP doesn't work for you because you are so invested in Google has anything to do with the original post in this thread? Yeah, they don't. Pot, meet kettle.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
All I did was state what isn't there. How is that BS?

Perhaps it is because most everything you state isn't there,is and your entire reason for continually talking down WP in favor of Android is obvious.

Mac

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Yahoo Apps

CloudMagic

Plague Inc

Opera

Google and Microsoft don't mix, period. The reason for that is because one of their higher-ups are anti-Microsoft. However, Microsoft still makes their own software, and has done so before Google got into the game. So welcome to the Microsoft circle of apps, there's something for everybody, but don't expect Google apps here, at least not yet. Sorry.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Google and Microsoft don't mix, period. The reason for that is because one of their higher-ups are anti-Microsoft. However, Microsoft still makes their own software, and has done so before Google got into the game. So welcome to the Microsoft circle of apps, there's something for everybody, but don't expect Google apps here, at least not yet. Sorry.

Gmail,Gmaps,Google,Google Drive and Google Hubs all work nicely on my 1520 how much more a person needs idk..............it's not that I need them,but put them on it just to see if they do.

Mac

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Gmail,Gmaps,Google,Google Drive and Google Hubs all work nicely on my 1520 how much more a person needs idk..............it's not that I need them,but put them on it just to see if they do.

Mac

What is Google hub

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps it is because most everything you state isn't there,is and your entire reason for continually talking down WP in favor of Android is obvious.

Mac

Yeah its so obvious I have a predetermined reason to make my platform of choice look so much better. Please, what I said isn't there it's not there, I know that.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Works really good. My cousin showed me the game on her iphone 5c, alityle layer she was complaining about the game lagging lol

Well I don't know about lag, but that's good the copy isn't bad. I do hope it officially hits Windows Phone though its a fun little time waster. Plague Inc is as well.

ABsmoove

May 4, 2014
Visit site
People don't like change. I just can't stand when people don't try a Windows Phone or no nothing about it and claim their the OS is the best.

I like to be comfortable with my smartphone too. Therefore, if I get an Android device, it has to be off contract just in case I'm not comfortable with it and I'm not stuck with the phone for 2 years

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have used my Nokia 920 a good few weeks now, but I'm sorry to say I have gone back to a nexus 5. Main reason I missed my gaming with friends apps. Scramble, chess, matching, phrases, dice the list goes on. I came to realise I was battling to find alternatives to google, all my favourite locations are on gmaps my mail my calendars my drive storage. I even tried the windows 8.1 and really liked it. Loved the people area. But with windows 8.1 they ruined the interaction with Facebook. Having to load and wait watching little white dots while the Facebook app loaded.

If the apps I needed and love using where there in the windows store, I could live without Google and probably migrate into a live account, I think the windows phone operating system is by far the nicest and best to use especially with 8.1, but I'm sorry those missing apps in particular social gaming just kill it for me.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I

You have 2 generations of smartphone users, two 17 yr olds & a 42 yr old that have the same mind set. Which is They don't care if the product or software is better. They don't like it & refuse to even try it because it's different than what they currently know. It is too much of a hassle or bother to learn something new even if it is faster or better. Think about that & how you combat that frame of mind as I suspect most average consumers(because these 3 are your typical everyday consumer) think the same. Go with what is comfortable, safe & everyone else has even it is slower or doesn't have all the best features.

How do you compete against that thinking except with a constant & I mean constant, unified & focused ad campaign that is everywhere for a year maybe 2?

Two generations but from the same house and genes doesn't seem to be as a good basis of how people look at WP. Maybe you're not good at influencing your child, you know.

Additionally, people who saw my old Lumia 625 and my current phone, 1520, are amazed at my phones. These people not only include my relatives but also my co-workers.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss