Why Microsoft has a huge uphill battle with consumers..

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Firstly I never personally attack any poster nor do I go through people comment and post history as I have no reason to do so. When have I ever said "drop WP and use Android?". I may speak out against bias and skewed perspective on Android but never told someone to switch to Android from WP.

As far as CrackBerry goes, at least I can have reasonable conversations over here, on CrackBerry I was attacked for nothing. Not only I was attacked, multiple posters over there are attacked regularly by rabid fanboyism. So yes for them to go from there to Android Central or even to WPCentral Forums, no I would not want that as their forums is a very active and hostile environment.

And no I would not get my kids to switch platforms. What for? Personal satisfaction or bragging rights? Please they can use whatever phone OS they want.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Well, we both are able to point out biases then, because that's what I am doing right now. You have your biases as an Android user and you shouldn't be surprised that your comments are not perceived as "objective" in a Windows Phone forum like you'd prefer them to be. As soon as you get a Windows Phone this fall when you change your mind and save up your money and if all your Google apps are supported and all the other limitations of Windows Phone are resolved, I'll be sure to take that into consideration when reading your posts. I do recall just a couple days ago you told someone he should get rid of his L920 and iPhone and get a Moto G. However, I won't go through your comment history as I understand you object to that.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, we both are able to point out biases then, because that's what I am doing right now. You have your biases as an Android user and you shouldn't be surprised that your comments are not perceived as "objective" in a Windows Phone forum like you'd prefer them to be. As soon as you get a Windows Phone this fall when you change your mind and save up your money and if all your Google apps are supported and all the other limitations of Windows Phone are resolved, I'll be sure to take that into consideration when reading your posts. I do recall just a couple days ago you told someone he should get rid of his L920 and iPhone and get a Moto G. However, I won't go through your comment history as I understand you object to that.

Actually, he suggested I sell my iPad and iPhone for a Moto g and a Asus 2 in 1 tablet because I asked him what his opinion was.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Here are the quotes. Sorry if I misinterpreted them but it seemed pretty clear to me that he was telling you to get a Moto G over a 920.

Well, I'm also wondering if I should just buy my friends Lumia 920 off of him. I've bee using it for about a month as a wifi side device, and 8.1 fixed alot if things I think. Still app issues, but its kinda a temp thing I think. I can buy it off him for 150. Or I can just pick up a Moto g for about the same price. I could then sell my 5S for about 500 or so on eBay. And use that towards car repairs and the like.

Or just hang onto the 5S and just save up for those repairs. I'm not getting much work right now, though. Hours got cut.

Sell the 5S and get the Moto G. Better to go for a sure thing and have the cash instead of getting stuck on a phone you may not like down the road. I stopped toying with the idea of WP because I realize now I use too much of Google and certain function that would be missing in WP. Though I may look at it again next year, for now though I need the best functionality right now for my services and Android is just that. Some may not agree with this, but I rather be safe than sorry.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I didn't but Ok. He has an iPhone already. For everything else you said, I am dropping it pointing out each other biases does nothing for the thread. We have our differences and let it be that.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Here are the quotes. Sorry if I misinterpreted them but it seemed pretty clear to me that he was telling you to get a Moto G over a 920.

He has an iPhone now and he was thinking of changing it up, he didn't. I was suggesting he choose Android because iOS and Android are more similar in app than iOS and WP. It would be a shock for an iOS user.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Two generations but from the same house and genes doesn't seem to be as a good basis of how people look at WP. Maybe you're not good at influencing your child, you know.

Additionally, people who saw my old Lumia 625 and my current phone, 1520, are amazed at my phones. These people not only include my relatives but also my co-workers.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

FYI, It's my 42 yr old wife & 17 yr old step daughter so your comment is dead wrong(only 1/2 the same genes as her mother.) Also the waiter was 2 years older than my daughter, which I consider the same generation. As far as his genes go he was of a different race & gender....

In regards to influencing my daughter. We've only been married for 3 years & it not my job as a parent to try influence any of my kids on things they like or dis-like. I give all my kids as much info as possible & teach them to make a decision based on the info they have and be able to accept the out come of that decision good or bad. For example my 8 yr old son saved enough money to buy a video, instead of me trying to influence him on which video he should buy based on which one "I" liked or "think" he should like, I told him to think about his 3 favorite movies and pick the one he would want to watch over & over.... It's not mine or a parents place to decide or try to influence your kids in what they like or prefer... My job is to make sure they have a good moral foundation, are respectful to others, get the best education available, appreciative of things they have & are prepared for life as an adult.

The best way to influence your child is to be a good role model

Last edited:

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
FYI, It's my 42 yr old wife & 17 yr old step daughter so your comment is dead wrong(only 1/2 the same genes as her mother.) Also the waiter was 2 years older than my daughter, which I consider the same generation. As far as his genes go he was of a different race & gender....

In regards to influencing my daughter. We've only been married for 3 years & it not my job as a parent to try influence any of my kids on things they like or dis-like. I give all my kids as much info as possible & teach them to make a decision based on the info they have and be able to accept the out come of that decision good or bad. For example my 8 yr old son saved enough money to buy a video, instead of me trying to influence him on which video he should buy based on which one "I" liked, I told him to think about his 3 favorite movies and pick the one he would want to watch over & over.... It's not mine or parents place to decide or try to influence your kids in what they like... My job is to make sure they have a good moral foundation, are respectful to others, get the best education available, appreciative of things they have & are prepared for life as an adult.

The best way to influence your child is to be a good role model

Okay mate, I stand corrected this time that you gave further details on your ' samples' (in statistics, we call objects or people related to gathering of data as samples). And kuddos to being a good parent! :)

Dr Love PhD

Banned
Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
So if WP has around 4% global market share, does this really mean that 96% of people either need to always have the latest and greatest apps, hate change so much that they are not open to trying anything new even though they were open to trying the iPhone or Android and have even switched back and forth, or hate Microsoft and/or Windows so much that they would never consider buying a WP regardless of price or features?
About 50% of the market is untouched and still using dumb phones. Cut your percentages by half.

Dr Love PhD

Banned
Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't quote Wikipedia, it is not reliable. Anyone can edit anything to say whatever until another comes along and repairs the misinformation...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't quote Wikipedia, it is not reliable. Anyone can edit anything to say whatever until another comes along and repairs the misinformation...

Crowdsourced isn't all bad. There's a built in system of checks & balances, as opposed to an article written by a sole opinionated and/or misinformed author.

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think MS are secretly given up on Windows Phone - With no real advertising, no real push for the product, very slow updates, lack of key apps, with 8.1 now stripping away key features and only just catching up in areas with Android & iOS - though still behind; also W8 is a failure - people hate it!! Kinect now being dropped. MS just seem to slow in everything, esp on WP, and which usually indicates a lack of future support and long term plan (just look at MS history in supporting its products Zune, Xbox, WP7, Kinect..etc) with investors wanting MS to pull out of hardware (Phones/Consoles/Tablets) - its only a matter of time! Sad but true!!!

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I think MS are secretly given up on Windows Phone - With no real advertising, no real push for the product, very slow updates, lack of key apps, with 8.1 now stripping away key features and only just catching up in areas with Android & iOS - though still behind; also W8 is a failure - people hate it!! Kinect now being dropped. MS just seem to slow in everything, esp on WP, and which usually indicates a lack of future support and long term plan (just look at MS history in supporting its products Zune, Xbox, WP7, Kinect..etc) with investors wanting MS to pull out of hardware (Phones/Consoles/Tablets) - its only a matter of time! Sad but true!!!

Very slow updates? Apps have being updating one by one since the past days! They have not given up on WP and there are new manufacturers for it.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Why would they buy Nokia if they are secretly giving up on Windows Phone?

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got W8p thinking it will be a great phone, but realized it had many key & basic features missing compared to other smartphone OS. Am on contract, but MS have just taken away key features with 8.1 update, and only added features to catch up with Android and Apple, though still MS are behind in what they tried to catch up with: Music, Photos, People, Video have all been made worse under 8.1. The 8.1 preview is actually the almost final version, so don't expect the missing features and functions to return in Music, Video, Photos, Me/People - which all made Wp more enjoyable; but not now!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
You're obviously not a MS fan and that's cool. It's a free country and you like what you like. However, the steps that Microsoft has been taking contradict your line of thinking. Why would they bother with the rumored WP9 then? Windows 8 isn't a failure. The only people who hate it are those
who resistant to change and those brainwashed iSheep! I read yesterday that Apple plans to add the multitasking feature of "Snapping" apps side by side just like on Windows 8. Why would they do that if people hate it so much? Mark my words, when they do it the headlines will be: Apple innovates and changes the world again!

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I got W8p thinking it will be a great phone, but realized it had many key & basic features missing compared to other smartphone OS. Am on contract, but MS have just taken away key features with 8.1 update, and only added features to catch up with Android and Apple, though still MS are behind in what they tried to catch up with: Music, Photos, People, Video have all been made worse under 8.1. The 8.1 preview is actually the almost final version, so don't expect the missing features and functions to return in Music, Video, Photos, Me/People - which all made Wp more enjoyable; but not now!

The whole idea was so that these can all be updated separately as apps. Even if the 8.1 preview is RTM - Music, Video, Games, etc. will still get updates a lot more often than waiting for the whole OS to be updated. In fact, they have already been updated a few times and will likely be updated a few more times before we start getting the official 8.1 update. If they really intended on abandoning WP, why would they go through so much effort to separate these? I don't understand how separating features into apps so that they can be updated independently translates to abandoning WP.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem is beyond marketing. As others have mentioned, once people get used to something, they don't like change, even if the change is a little be better.

For Windows Phone to succeed, they have to be able to do things iPhone and Android cannot do.

I do disagree. A lot of people in this thread and myself have talked about people who like how their iPhone or Android phone works and don't like WP because it's different and makes them learn it again when they already know how their current phone works.

With that WP needs to be able to do what their current phones already do in order to get them to switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99