Malware spoofing Open Office

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm posting this across various tech related sites. Even though this isn't specifically Mobike related, there are probably enough users here that may stand a chance of falling prey to this latest malware attack for Windows based PC's.

In a nutshell, a search for Open Office on both Bing and Google will return results where the top 2-4 results will be a link to fake Open Office download sites. Downloading and using the installer from these sites will result in such an obscene amount of malware on your system, that the only real option you will have is to completely wipe your machine.

Just be forewarned... if you wish to install OpenOffice, make sure that you only download it from openoffice.org. Spoofed sites like openoffice.us.com are malicious, and never to be trusted. I discovered this after I had an inordinate escalation of clients, all of which recently bought new Win8 machines, and were suddenly mobbed/swarmed/devastated by malware in a very short period of time.

I have already sent tickets to both Google and Microsoft/Bing that their search results place those malicious sites at the top of their search results. But it wouldn't hurt for others to do the same.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon