What Microsoft should do to dominate over android & ios

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The ads and TV commercials could help, but many times the problem starts in the carrier stores, most the staff of those stores only talks about how great is Samsung and Apple, and if you ask other options they will only mention HTC or LG... no WP at all. Many people rely too much on the seller "expertise" on phones and those sellers only suggest what is selling more or the most popular, that's why there is a lot of Samsung and iPhones in the streets... well mostly Samsung that is.

Along with marketing they can push carrier employee training. They can get a rep out to corporate stores and teach carrier sales reps how to use WP. That can help.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe globally releasing a Phone within 3 months after announcement

Try a month at the most. Wait 3 months, and the next thing you know some other device stole your thunder. I hope no WP gets announced in Fall because that is when:

-Nexus 6 comes out

-iPhone 6

-Moto X+1

-LG G3

-Note 4 rumors

There will be be so many competitor devices coming out that will steal all of Windows Phones steam. I can see if you are trying to vie for the holiday shopping season, but we all know everyone is going to be requesting the next iPhone, Galaxy, and whatever other Android device that is popular. They should get everything out now before September to catch the Back to School shopping.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Try a month at the most. Wait 3 months, and the next thing you know some other device stole your thunder. I hope no WP gets announced in Fall because that is when:

-Nexus 6 comes out

-iPhone 6

-Moto X+1

-LG G3

-Note 4 rumors

There will be be so many competitor devices coming out that will steal all of Windows Phones steam. I can see if you are trying to vie for the holiday shopping season, but we all know everyone is going to be requesting the next iPhone, Galaxy, and whatever other Android device that is popular. They should get everything out now before September to catch the Back to School shopping.

That's why I said within, I understand that it can be logistically hard to globally do this but they should..
And you can build aanticipation, depending on how you do it, 3 months is the absolute limit.
So yes, within a month would be ideal :)

That's the ****ty thing with the 930 right now, if it came on the market sooner alot more people would buy.
Including me, my 920 could use a upgrade this year

Also kinda holding back on what the devices division from Nokia will produce under MSFT.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft needs to step up and get some unlocked GSM LTE smartphones like that of the iPhone and Google Nexus smartphones that have all the U.S. carriers bands in one phone. Sell it on their website like their competitors. That what I been waiting for - an unlocked all carrier LTE WP8 smartphone. Outside the U.S.; it called "International Version" for EU and rest of the world.

The legal smartphone exclusivity does not help matters since most buyers will not switch to a competing carrier just based on a smartphone model now a days. WP buyers like me cannot get an Icon to work on a T-Mobile account so I am locked out of the purchase. Nokia had the strategy which I think is completely wrong to depend on the carrier to push the model to potential buyers at their stores. Most salespeople are either iPhone or Galaxy fanboys. They just try to convert you to what they like! Plus, all the WP models are located either on the back side wall or some where that is hidden while iPhone and Galaxy are usually placed in the store front displays.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think why android is so successful is because it's very well adopted in non English speaking regions. MS need to focus on all market, say Chinese markets etc. they haven't focused enough in markets other than English, people who are using it in other regions find it frustrating because they just can't do what they can usually do on Windows. Which is kinda odd, u'd think MS knows better about the habits of every country in the world since pretty much everyone uses them right?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft needs to step up and get some unlocked GSM LTE smartphones like that of the iPhone and Google Nexus smartphones that have all the U.S. carriers bands in one phone. Sell it on their website like their competitors. That what I been waiting for - an unlocked all carrier LTE WP8 smartphone. Outside the U.S.; it called "International Version" for EU and rest of the world.

The legal smartphone exclusivity does not help matters since most buyers will not switch to a competing carrier just based on a smartphone model now a days. WP buyers like me cannot get an Icon to work on a T-Mobile account so I am locked out of the purchase. Nokia had the strategy which I think is completely wrong to depend on the carrier to push the model to potential buyers at their stores. Most salespeople are either iPhone or Galaxy fanboys. They just try to convert you to what they like! Plus, all the WP models are located either on the back side wall or some where that is hidden while iPhone and Galaxy are usually placed in the store front displays.

Unlocked phones won't help them at all. Few people shell out $400+ for a phone off contract. The option can be there buy it wouldn't make them that much money at all. Carriers is where the money is at.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked phones won't help them at all. Few people shell out $400+ for a phone off contract. The option can be there buy it wouldn't make them that much money at all. Carriers is where the money is at.

I can only vouch for what I see here on wpc, and with negri and bh having a backlog of orders (including some that are now discontinued)...if Nokia sold the 1520.3 unlocked, it would have sold a boatload of them! Why? Because it gives LTE to most major carriers in north/south America! That's 2 continents! Most high end smartphones can't even do that, regardless of the platform. Google/Apple always sells tons of unlocked devices. Ppl want freedom of choice without the bloatware and carrier branding...especially if they would have advertised it as a nearly global LTE device with a 6" gorgeous screen, 1.5-2 day battery usage, free navigation, streaming music, and more! (sorry im getting excited LOL) I for sure would have bought it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs