Nokia world's best business smartphone ad

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
What do you think about the ad Nokia came up with?
If you haven't seen here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS3PQ1QTiFQ

And also about the New 1520 ad?
Nokia Lumia 1520 - Switch to Nokia Lumia for smarter business - YouTube
I think its good that Nokia trying to target this section I haven't seen any other platform target this section.
After the fall of Blackberry I think its great we already have MS service all around us and nothing will sync better than a MS' phone.
What about the IT guys? Already using windows phone? Or other platforms sync well?
Already seen few companies pick up Windows Phone.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen it and I'm at work so can't watch it to know what they're on about.

Saying that, I've read a few threads here where IT departments are continuously turning down the WP due to it limitations on security features. Usually due to a specific platform that the IT department has chosen.The company I'm working for is going iPhone and I wouldn't be overly surprised if more go that way. As always, WP is late to the party.

From a personal perspective. I was running my own business when I picked up my WP. I unfortunately needed an email reply capability that WP simply didn't have or made it more difficult than it needed to be. If you need to reply to emails with documents WP is painful. Since that is no longer a worry for me, WP is fine for my needs. For small business I wouldn't bother with WP personally unless you have cloud services and the companies you deal with do too.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
For small business I wouldn't bother with WP personally unless you have cloud services and the companies you deal with do too.
What cloud services are you talking about? Sorry about my lack of knowledge on this can you be more specific as to what problems are you facing with "current" version of windows phone?

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
it was posted by WPC here New Nokia Lumia 1520 ad shows how it helps make business smarter | Windows Phone Central
True in this advertisement they nailed how Lumia 1520 is the best business smartphone one can get , it has MS office , outlook , email and calendar and much more :smile:
Couldn't agree more. They truly have nailed it with these ad. No one has targeted this section and I think its a smart move. :)
Finally seeing the type of ads we should. Hope to see more of these..

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. They truly have nailed it with these ad. No one has targeted this section and I think its a smart move. :)
Finally seeing the type of ads we should. Hope to see more of these..

lol I want to see this add aired on Indian channel (they may create a different one but highlighting these key points. )

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What cloud services are you talking about? Sorry about my lack of knowledge on this can you be more specific as to what problems are you facing with "current" version of windows phone?

I was referring to enterprise when I talked about IT departments. WP seems to have issues with some security systems.

With regards to cloud I was referring to OneDrive. Most companies lock down those types of services so WP becomes a little frustrating. Cloud is great if everyone you deal with uses it.

Something's are great on WP but there are still many holes. You still cannot reply to an email with a document unless it's done in some way I don't know about.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
If you noticed I said document. Not simply an attachment, which is an image.
Yea I know I got a mail on gmail with 2 docx file attached and I could reply to it.
Setup my gmail on phone's default mail service and can reply.
Here Sent myself mail on gmail from outlook id. with a xlsx document attached and can reply to it. :)
wp_ss_20140514_0003[1].png
wp_ss_20140514_0004[1].png
wp_ss_20140514_0005[1].png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yea I know I got a mail on gmail with 2 docx file attached and I could reply to it.
Setup my gmail on phone's default mail service and can reply.
Here Sent myself mail on gmail from outlook id. with a xlsx document attached and can reply to it. :)

I think you misunderstand.

Allow me to clarify. I receive an email asking for a specific document. I have the document on my phone. I am unable to simply reply and attach the document requested. I have to create a new email through the Office hub. If this person is not someone I've dealt with before I have to copy their email address or add them to my contacts.

WP is not useful when you have to do this regularly. It becomes tedious and annoying. Trust me. I couldn't use cloud links as many companies are blocked from cloud services. This is the issue you face in enterprise.

They did mention a file picker at one point. No idea if that's still going forward. I may need this feature again in the future. If WP doesn't deliver it I may have to look elsewhere as I cannot go through that again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas