Hard for MS to improve thier image when Nokia treats people like this...

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
just out of interest, if you get the phone from AT&T is it not their responsibility to fix it, after all the phone was provided by them. If I bought a new car for example and there was a fault with it, you wouldn't go directly to Ford, or if you had a new TV, directly to Samsung. you would take it to the shop you got it from and let them sort it out. is that not the case in the U.S.? when I had problems in the UK, I called my provider and it was fixed by them.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Nokia customer service and while I may not always log in I read alot here. Everytime people have problems it seems Nokia swoops in and fixes them fast.. Well. I have a Nokia 925 and last night my volume rocker button stopped working while my volume was set to 10. I called and told them I had the phone less than 6 months and that the hardware didn't work. After complaining for 10 mins she said well you can send it in...trying to give me the address. I about snapped I told her why should I pay for shipping when its their problem. And since its my only phone that I couldn't be without one. She then said maybe at&t will let me barrow something... Again I snapped.. Its not their problem either.. So finally she said she would pass it on to some higher up that would give me a call in 14-96 business hours...i snapped lol.. I said my only phone that I have sensitive data on it that I can't hear when people call will be called between next Tues -Fri.. Then shipping 2 ways for their problem. I can't believe that I have supported them with 3 nokias in less than 2 years..always talk glowingly of it. But not any more. If this is how they treat people I'll run straight for apple.

I lost all sympathy with you when you said you 'snapped'. There's no excuse for that. The Nokia call centre employee should simply have put the phone down then.
And you don't say what you actually want. Judging by this post, you come across as incoherent, angry and impossible to please as no answer is likely to satisfy you.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
OP: Given Nokia offered to fix the phone, I don't see the issue. The majority of electronics manufacturers do make you pay shipping one way to them on warranty repairs. Given the very light weight and small size of a cell phone this is even more of a non-issue. Companies that pay for everything are the minority.

Thus, I think your response is unjustified.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OP: Given Nokia offered to fix the phone, I don't see the issue. The majority of electronics manufacturers do make you pay shipping one way to them on warranty repairs. Given the very light weight and small size of a cell phone this is even more of a non-issue. Companies that pay for everything are the minority.

Thus, I think your response is unjustified.

same, I had to RMA my Seagate hard drive and I had to pay $5 one way shipping. not too happy but I didn't have any other option.

I sent my Dell Venue in for service recently and they actually surprised me by shipping a box to me with a shipping label. Not that I would consider it normal. still a nice perk. but by no means standard.

I came in expecting one of those support horror stories, but that's it?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nokia customer service has been a nightmare for me too, I have had to use their service 4 times now. Once on a 822 and 3 times on a 928. All times they offered a UPS shipping label to ship my warranty based phone.

Last case was because of THEIR screw up, this case was open for 6 months, 20-30 calls, tons of Tweets, most people would of just given up. Not me, ended up giving me a ICON for my 928 because of the headache.

When Nokia is good, they are good but, when things go bad, they go really bad......I would avoid their support as long as I could. Worst customer service I have ever seen

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
just out of interest, if you get the phone from AT&T is it not their responsibility to fix it, after all the phone was provided by them. If I bought a new car for example and there was a fault with it, you wouldn't go directly to Ford, or if you had a new TV, directly to Samsung. you would take it to the shop you got it from and let them sort it out. is that not the case in the U.S.? when I had problems in the UK, I called my provider and it was fixed by them.

I think you will find your statement quite contradictory lol :p, any retailer has to and will honour a repair, return or replacement for the product you have bought from them (depending on several key factors - your behaviour towards them, nature of the fault, time remaining on the warranty - usually upto a year, and the presence of a receipt).

To the op, if you are patient, coherent and compliant you will get what you want in the end, however what you have said is really a non issue.
Having worked in customer service for awhile, it appears that you want everything done pronto without any sort of assistance or compliance from your end. - This makes it more difficult to resolve your issue.

Sending in a phone for repair is standard practice, what you should have said is that you have highly confidential information on the phone and would appreciate if they could assist you in transferring that information to another device whilst yours is repaired. You may have got a different (perhaps a more favourable) response from the CR as opposed to someone calling you back in the time frame stated.

Never the less since, the issue is being looked at by AT&T I guess the thread is now closed?

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Nokia customer service and while I may not always log in I read alot here. Everytime people have problems it seems Nokia swoops in and fixes them fast.. Well. I have a Nokia 925 and last night my volume rocker button stopped working while my volume was set to 10. I called and told them I had the phone less than 6 months and that the hardware didn't work. After complaining for 10 mins she said well you can send it in...trying to give me the address. I about snapped I told her why should I pay for shipping when its their problem. And since its my only phone that I couldn't be without one. She then said maybe at&t will let me barrow something... Again I snapped.. Its not their problem either.. So finally she said she would pass it on to some higher up that would give me a call in 14-96 business hours...i snapped lol.. I said my only phone that I have sensitive data on it that I can't hear when people call will be called between next Tues -Fri.. Then shipping 2 ways for their problem. I can't believe that I have supported them with 3 nokias in less than 2 years..always talk glowingly of it. But not any more. If this is how they treat people I'll run straight for apple.

Why don't you just go to an at&t warranty center and exchange the phone? That's what I did when my Lumia 900 bricked.

If you think that's bad try getting a iphone that actually works with wifi. My friend has been through no less than 3 iphone 5 in less than 2 years and wifi still doesn't work properly. Well it works fine now but when they update to iOS 7 it breaks wifi. Their mom has the same issue. The problem is now that iOS 7 is out they are only making apps for iOS. So slowly but surely their apps can't be updated. And even apps they previous paid for can't be downloaded because they are only made for iOS 7. So get iOS 7 and update all your apps but lose wifi. Nice trade. I prefer your situation.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
They send you or give you a refurbished phone (that they claim has been"quality checked" that they may or many have fixed the problem it was returned for. All cell phone companies in the US do the same thing. No thanks. I'll take the inconvenience to get my other wise perfectly functioning phone back.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

You do realize a lot of refurbished phones are perfectly functioning phones that people returned because they changed their mind. I mean they are better than your repaired phone. What would you rather have a phone that is 100% perfect but was used for 4 days by someone else or your phone that was used and abused for 6 months and was then broken and repaired?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, it sounds like you're extremely impatient and are acting slightly entitled here. I'm not even talking about the fact that you said "snapped", just to backtrack and say "I meant in my head" and then proceed to act as though everyone should have known that (or even believe that to begin with).

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
You do realize a lot of refurbished phones are perfectly functioning phones that people returned because they changed their mind. I mean they are better than your repaired phone. What would you rather have a phone that is 100% perfect but was used for 4 days by someone else or your phone that was used and abused for 6 months and was then broken and repaired?

While you are probably correct, my experience had been (with all for major carriers) that the reconditioned phones they send out for warranty replacement have usually have some other underlying problem. If I am being told I'm getting a certified remanufactured or refurbished phone, then yes, I do expect it to be perfect or at least like new. I usually spend about two days playing with these phones to figure out what the last problem was. My original point is that I don't believe they actually test or do anything to most of these phones. They just wipe them and put them back in the bin to be shipped out.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon