I think Gameloft's Spiderman 2 really showed me just how obnoxious these people could be. If you want to gripe that a reasonably basic game like Temple Run can't run on your $40 phone that's reasonable and most developers who care will likely update it accordingly. However, this (and many others) are a full scale, open world game that would've been suitable for a console a few short years ago. Spiderman honestly looks phenomenal by most standards. To expect that something like that is going to run on a budget device is almost disrespectful to the developers themselves.

Just a brief rant but it's been getting on my nerves.
    Guytronic, xandros9, dda_k and 1 others like this.
    05-16-2014 01:23 PM
    I tend to agree that expectations can be higher than reality when looking at the lowest-end phones, but humans being humans, it isn't going to go away.
    Guytronic, dda_k, A895 and 1 others like this.
    05-16-2014 01:31 PM
    I tend to agree that expectations can be higher than reality when looking at the lowest-end phones, but humans being humans, it isn't going to go away.
    These people don't seem to realize just how big a deal a phone of this caliber is for $50. Hell, especially after 8.1 with Cortana and all that stuff. You have a lag-free and seamless device for $50. I've spent more than that on a cell phone app before.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-16-2014 01:37 PM
    These people don't seem to realize just how big a deal a phone of this caliber is for $50. Hell, especially after 8.1 with Cortana and all that stuff. You have a lag-free and seamless device for $50. I've spent more than that on a cell phone app before.
    I agree with you. The most I've spent on an app was $30 for a single app, unless you want to count the stupid games that I've racked up IAPs on... But yeah. If you think about it, that 520 with 512 MB RAM has FAR more computing power than what ran the first space shuttle. And people will still buy the cheapest phone and want it to perform as if it were the most expensive. People just don't realize what a great deal the low-end Windows Phones are, and just how much they really do, and instead get hung up on those three games that they can't play.
    dda_k, Guytronic and mark233 like this.
    05-16-2014 03:26 PM