06-02-2014 12:15 PM
180 12345 ...
tools
    So? What's your point? I do get bias on things that are good. But I also keep an open mind and change. I use to LOVE Google. Back in the day, you might have said I was brainwashed. But I wasn't, Google was better than everything. But nowadays, with everything they do, I lost the faith. Same thing with Samsung and Sony, I once loved both of them, now they don't. Sony use to make the best stuff, I loved it but now anytime I buy their stuff it breaks for falls apart. I also use to be a heavy Firefox user, and still have the current version installed. I don't care for it. It's slower than IE, and it does many things worse. For instance I always click in FF to remember my password, and it doesn't ever do it, on any site. In IE, not only does it remember my password, but it remembers it on all of my devices. Perhaps someday I'll give up on Microsoft, but right now they are doing everything right. They are making great products, awesome hardware and the services are amazing. They are also the one company right now trying their best to not be evil. I've got a feeling I'll continue to love MS for a long time.
    So Google is evil how? I see this related often but I never see an actual reason.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    05-24-2014 03:34 PM
    So Google is evil how? I see this related often but I never see an actual reason.

Outside of all the spying they do on people, companies and governments, they brainwash people. You can't even walk down the street without someone drooling and moaning about Google, it's really quite annoying. But the main reason, is that Google wants to control your life. They try to get their hands into everything and want to destroy all other companies. People thought Microsoft was bad in the early days, well at least they weren't trying to take over the planet.
    05-24-2014 03:43 PM
    This thread is unprofessional. I guess Google is supposed to spend their resources on every single OS on the planet.

Microsoft needs to make internet explorer for Tizen. They need to make office for Tizen as well.

Microsoft and Google need to make apps for Jolla too! We can't forget them!
    A895 likes this.
    05-24-2014 03:49 PM
    Outside of all the spying they do on people, companies and governments, they brainwash people. You can't even walk down the street without someone drooling and moaning about Google, it's really quite annoying. But the main reason, is that Google wants to control your life. They try to get their hands into everything and want to destroy all other companies. People thought Microsoft was bad in the early days, well at least they weren't trying to take over the planet.
    Lol. It's not that serious. Its a good thing Google makes good products or else there would be an even bigger hoopla. They don't spy on government for people and they don't want to "destroy" other companies. If Microsoft had the amount of users on it's services like Googles they would act the same way. Microsoft isn't some innocent victim out of tech companies.

And of course people on this site would sympathize with the company they use primarily their services from. I am not like some Android devotees, I don't praise Google. I don't praise or love any tech company. They are just that tech companies. They want your money and for you to be a repeat customer.

The same goes for you just like any blind fanboy of Apple or Google. Don't put on blinders with Microsoft, stay informed of them and be wary of whatever they do as well. Not only that please, please, please stay unformed of Microsoft's rivals as well. Don't just repeat the same taking points everyone else on the forums say. Do your own research as well.

05-24-2014 03:59 PM
    This thread is unprofessional. I guess Google is supposed to spend their resources on every single OS on the planet.

Microsoft needs to make internet explorer for Tizen. They need to make office for Tizen as well.

I have been wanting Microsoft to make an Xbox Video app for Android for a long time. I wouldn't mind IE for Android either, I could then sync bookmarks between my HP Split X2 and my RAZR M.

05-24-2014 04:00 PM
    Not now. But later?
    How so?
    Chromebooks have potential and that's what Microsoft is concerned with.
    Could you elaborate on this "potential"?
    05-24-2014 09:10 PM
    How so?

Could you elaborate on this "potential"?
    Intel just promised to make core i3+ for Chromebooks. More and more Windows OEM's are making Chromebooks with Lenovo being the latest.

All it takes is more consumer awareness because let's face it, a lot of people use Google Services and they work very well on Chromebooks. Outside of heavy photo and video editing, the majority of what people do on regular low cost laptops can be done on Chromebooks and they have the added advantage of being very cheap, fast, and have long battery life.

That is very scary, if they ran more ads on Chromebooks and it become more common knowledge they exist, I wouldn't doubt they could grab a good portion of desktop market share. That's why Microsoft is so scared of them, if they eve get widely known it may shake things up for Windows 8.

05-24-2014 10:13 PM

Hey I think Microsoft has not made internet explorer available on android?correct me if am wrong.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    05-25-2014 03:00 AM
    Why is Google being so unprofessional?
    If you owned a company, and some other competing company launched a smear campaign against your products, wouldn't you call that unprofessional? Because that's what Microsoft did to Google. Would you build apps or do anything to support or help the company that smeared you?
    05-25-2014 05:26 AM
    If you owned a company, and some other competing company launched a smear campaign against your products, wouldn't you call that unprofessional? Because that's what Microsoft did to Google. Would you build apps or do anything to support or help the company that smeared you?
    Yes? Because Microsoft still makes some darn good Mac software despite Apple's I'm a Mac smear campaign.
    05-25-2014 09:53 AM
    Yes? Because Microsoft still makes some darn good Mac software despite Apple's I'm a Mac smear campaign.
    But we are talking about Google and Microsoft. Microsoft and Apple is whole other situation.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Visa Declined likes this.
    05-25-2014 10:00 AM
    I have always noticed, now that MS released Office for Android, that it's been one side to do the effort.

Not only Google is not providing services Apple (the bigger competitor) gets, it's been trashing WP at every chance. Pulling the apps for violating imaginary guidelines you don't follow is not exactly good for business.

Sure there is the Scroogle camaign, but MS is playing nice and being pro-customer. Although MS is not in a position to call exclusives, and Google is, it's a **** move.

Why is that? Will Google seem suddenly uncool? Are they acknowledging an imminent thread? I mean even if they dominate in terms of marketshare, if WP and Apple attain the same share, Google not only has a challenger, but needs to be more competitive, it was hard to compete against one good OS, so why make it two?
    A) Google has been "uncool" since day one. The fact it looked "cool" was part of a long term strategy.
    B) Microsoft shouldn't rely on third party/competitor apps to grant sustainability. They need to boost their own ecosystem and create an embedded solution where you may have less choice but higher security and better quality.
    C) Both are direct competitors. The reason why Microsoft develops Android apps (Like BB) is that it's in a clearly inferior position and hopes making those apps cross-platform may make some users curious to use its products again (Myself being one of those). Google doesn't develop for WP simply because, i think, adding Google products to WP platform could cause a certain churn of unhappy users from Android (And that number is growing). What's the purpose of giving your direct competitor your core apps to play with? People are leaving WP exactly due to A) OS being lacking and B) Lack of proper apps, where by "Proper apps" everyone is meaning that the WP ecosystem doesn't offer the same level of satisfaction they were used to with other platforms.
    In this perspective what Google does is logic (And hateful, i agree). What is not logic, is Microsoft building an OS that needs to beg for good apps from its direct competitor to make users happy. This applies to Maps, search, and the whole ecosystem with the exception of One Note which for me is an excellent, misunderstood app.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    05-25-2014 10:25 AM
    Simply.. The WP market share are so minor they (google) can ignore it without second thought
    FinancialP likes this.
    05-25-2014 10:30 AM
    Simply.. The WP market share are so minor they (google) can ignore it without second thought
    That and it's a good business move. It keeps peope off WP and keep them on Android or iOS.

yaron zeevik likes this.
    05-25-2014 10:33 AM
    Lol. It's not that serious. Its a good thing Google makes good products or else there would be an even bigger hoopla. They don't spy on government for people and they don't want to "destroy" other companies. If Microsoft had the amount of users on it's services like Googles they would act the same way. Microsoft isn't some innocent victim out of tech companies.

And of course people on this site would sympathize with the company they use primarily their services from. I am not like some Android devotees, I don't praise Google. I don't praise or love any tech company. They are just that tech companies. They want your money and for you to be a repeat customer.

The same goes for you just like any blind fanboy of Apple or Google. Don't put on blinders with Microsoft, stay informed of them and be wary of whatever they do as well. Not only that please, please, please stay unformed of Microsoft's rivals as well. Don't just repeat the same taking points everyone else on the forums say. Do your own research as well.

He is actually right, google actually wants to take over the world, it is that serious. They are even trying to take over your life with Google glass.
    anon(5445874) likes this.
    05-25-2014 10:56 AM
    He is actually right, google actually wants to take over the world, it is that serious. They are even trying to take over your life with Google glass.
    Google is not taking over the world. Google Glass is not taking over anyone's life. Don't exaggerate.

Visa Declined likes this.
    05-25-2014 11:03 AM
    Lol with that logic Samsung would be the ultimate horror, Phones,Gears, Air conditioners, Tvs and so on.
    A895 and FinancialP like this.
    05-25-2014 11:18 AM
    Google is not taking over the world. Google Glass is not taking over anyone's life. Don't exaggerate.

You will see, you guys will all see. Microsoft had their chance to but the EU stopped them. Now it's Google's time to rise above the Surface.
    05-25-2014 02:13 PM
    I hate how dependent I am on Google cloud services and Chrome. Unfortunately MS can't provide me a better alternative.

Browser - Chrome wipes the floor with IE in terms of GUI, extension system, multiple account support and robust search for settings/history

Mail
    - Once again GMail is superior with pure labeling system and efficiencies in the UI for things like applying labels and creating filters on the fly. Too bad MS can't jettison the legacy folders

Search - This goes without saying Google Search is 10x better then Bing in so many ways. Probably the biggest blowout is on this.

Calendar - I like how you can use Google's "Quick add" to add an appointment via natural language. MS Calendar does not have this.

Video streaming - Youtube is the only thing on the web. There are no true competitors.

Maps - Once again Google Maps are the world class standard. Best POI database, best route planner and best street view.
    You also forgot the wonderful feature of Chrome to suck down battery life faster than a fat man sucks down soda. Or the ability to be the only browser on either OS I use that can't watch videos without kicking up the fan. Or the ability to have "the most HTML5 support" without actually supporting it well (as in efficiently).

Also, Outlook.com is better FOR ME than Gmail because of the way I can filter things.

I also don't see how Google is "10x better" in search, I get about the same searches from both engines.

Calendar... I do like Google's natural language, Microsoft needs to get on this.

YouTube is something that also doesn't have many competitors, though I do have to say it has gone up and down in quality over the past few years. I can be on the same connection and have vastly different buffering times for videos of the same resolution.

​Maps? Nokia HERE Maps has much better offline capabilities in my books.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    05-25-2014 02:46 PM
    Don't forget Google also wants to drive your cars and be your internet service provider.
    colinkiama likes this.
    05-25-2014 02:56 PM
    Don't forget Google also wants to drive your cars and be your internet service provider.
    Lol.

05-25-2014 03:07 PM
    I wish Google would do both of those things for me.
    A895 likes this.
    05-26-2014 03:46 PM
    I wish Google would do both of those things for me.
    Same here, really. I'd love to have a self-driving car, and I'd love to have low cost internet.
    A895 likes this.
    05-27-2014 09:31 AM
    ya Larry Page is going to be my driver
    05-27-2014 09:47 AM
    Lol with that logic Samsung would be the ultimate horror, Phones,Gears, Air conditioners, Tvs and so on.
    But Samsung doesn't want to mine your data. It just wants you to buy their stuff.
    05-29-2014 12:24 PM
180 12345 ...