Why is Google being so unprofessional?

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Eric Schmidt has wanted to see MS dead for a long time. He had a vendetta against them at Novell, he had a vendetta against them at Sun, and he continues his vendetta at Google. Personally I feel Google would be a much better company if they never got themselves mixed up with him.

Agreed, this is war to the death between Google/MS. After that the winner gets to take on the final BOSS Apple for the crown in 2020. There can be only one winner.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate how dependent I am on Google cloud services and Chrome. Unfortunately MS can't provide me a better alternative.

Browser - Chrome wipes the floor with IE in terms of GUI, extension system, multiple account support and robust search for settings/history

Mail
- Once again GMail is superior with pure labeling system and efficiencies in the UI for things like applying labels and creating filters on the fly. Too bad MS can't jettison the legacy folders

Search - This goes without saying Google Search is 10x better then Bing in so many ways. Probably the biggest blowout is on this.

Calendar - I like how you can use Google's "Quick add" to add an appointment via natural language. MS Calendar does not have this.

Video streaming - Youtube is the only thing on the web. There are no true competitors.

Maps - Once again Google Maps are the world class standard. Best POI database, best route planner and best street view.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I hate how dependent I am on Google cloud services and Chrome. Unfortunately MS can't provide me a better alternative.

Browser - Chrome wipes the floor with IE in terms of GUI, extension system, multiple account support and robust search for settings/history

Mail
- Once again GMail is superior with pure labeling system and efficiencies in the UI for things like applying labels and creating filters on the fly. Too bad MS can't jettison the legacy folders

Search - This goes without saying Google Search is 10x better then Bing in so many ways. Probably the biggest blowout is on this.

Calendar - I like how you can use Google's "Quick add" to add an appointment via natural language. MS Calendar does not have this.

Video streaming - Youtube is the only thing on the web. There are no true competitors.

Maps - Once again Google Maps are the world class standard. Best POI database, best route planner and best street view.
Youtube is the only thing on that list anyone actually needs, I add stuff with voice to my calendar all the time with cortana. Outlook.com is awesome. IE Rocks! As for search, Bing is the best!

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Youtube is the only thing on that list anyone actually needs, I add stuff with voice to my calendar all the time with cortana. Outlook.com is awesome. IE Rocks! As for search, Bing is the best!

Cortana does not exist on Windows 8. Also hwo can you say that Youtube is the only thing o the list that anyone needs? MS has to ask themselves some hard questions. I used IE4 for several years until Firefox came along in 2003. Then I switched from that to Chrome in 2009. MS dropped the ball with IE for over a decade. If I had never used Firefox/Chrome and encountered IE11 I'd think it'd be a great browser, but not in comparison to Chrome 35.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Cortana does not exist on Windows 8. Also hwo can you say that Youtube is the only thing o the list that anyone needs? MS has to ask themselves some hard questions. I used IE4 for several years until Firefox came along in 2003. Then I switched from that to Chrome in 2009. MS dropped the ball with IE for over a decade. If I had never used Firefox/Chrome and encountered IE11 I'd think it'd be a great browser, but not in comparison to Chrome 35.
I've tried recent chrome and Firefox browsers. I like ie11 better. And Cortana will eventually make it to windows. But when you can hit the button on your phone and make an appointment on your calendar, why not do it? Things you added on your phone sync directly to all other calendars that sync with your outlook. Right now on my PC I see appointments that were created with Cortana. I don't think it's Microsoft that needs to do any hard question asking, perhaps it's yourself. You are consumed by Google, they are your masters. You can set yourself free! (by the way, I'm not being serious about you being a slave to Google, so please don't get angry!)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tried recent chrome and Firefox browsers. I like ie11 better. And Cortana will eventually make it to windows. But when you can hit the button on your phone and make an appointment on your calendar, why not do it? Things you added on your phone sync directly to all other calendars that sync with your outlook. Right now on my PC I see appointments that were created with Cortana. I don't think it's Microsoft that needs to do any hard question asking, perhaps it's yourself. You are consumed by Google, they are your masters. You can set yourself free! (by the way, I'm not being serious about you being a slave to Google, so please don't get angry!)

You like IE better because you have bias and it is Microsoft. That's like saying a cat tried soda and juice but likes milk better.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You like IE better because you have bias and it is Microsoft. That's like saying a cat tried soda and juice but likes milk better.

So? What's your point? I do get bias on things that are good. But I also keep an open mind and change. I use to LOVE Google. Back in the day, you might have said I was brainwashed. But I wasn't, Google was better than everything. But nowadays, with everything they do, I lost the faith. Same thing with Samsung and Sony, I once loved both of them, now they don't. Sony use to make the best stuff, I loved it but now anytime I buy their stuff it breaks for falls apart. I also use to be a heavy Firefox user, and still have the current version installed. I don't care for it. It's slower than IE, and it does many things worse. For instance I always click in FF to remember my password, and it doesn't ever do it, on any site. In IE, not only does it remember my password, but it remembers it on all of my devices. Perhaps someday I'll give up on Microsoft, but right now they are doing everything right. They are making great products, awesome hardware and the services are amazing. They are also the one company right now trying their best to not be evil. I've got a feeling I'll continue to love MS for a long time.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So? What's your point? I do get bias on things that are good. But I also keep an open mind and change. I use to LOVE Google. Back in the day, you might have said I was brainwashed. But I wasn't, Google was better than everything. But nowadays, with everything they do, I lost the faith. Same thing with Samsung and Sony, I once loved both of them, now they don't. Sony use to make the best stuff, I loved it but now anytime I buy their stuff it breaks for falls apart. I also use to be a heavy Firefox user, and still have the current version installed. I don't care for it. It's slower than IE, and it does many things worse. For instance I always click in FF to remember my password, and it doesn't ever do it, on any site. In IE, not only does it remember my password, but it remembers it on all of my devices. Perhaps someday I'll give up on Microsoft, but right now they are doing everything right. They are making great products, awesome hardware and the services are amazing. They are also the one company right now trying their best to not be evil. I've got a feeling I'll continue to love MS for a long time.

So Google is evil how? I see this related often but I never see an actual reason.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So Google is evil how? I see this related often but I never see an actual reason.

Outside of all the spying they do on people, companies and governments, they brainwash people. You can't even walk down the street without someone drooling and moaning about Google, it's really quite annoying. But the main reason, is that Google wants to control your life. They try to get their hands into everything and want to destroy all other companies. People thought Microsoft was bad in the early days, well at least they weren't trying to take over the planet.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This thread is unprofessional. I guess Google is supposed to spend their resources on every single OS on the planet.

Microsoft needs to make internet explorer for Tizen. They need to make office for Tizen as well.

Microsoft and Google need to make apps for Jolla too! We can't forget them!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Outside of all the spying they do on people, companies and governments, they brainwash people. You can't even walk down the street without someone drooling and moaning about Google, it's really quite annoying. But the main reason, is that Google wants to control your life. They try to get their hands into everything and want to destroy all other companies. People thought Microsoft was bad in the early days, well at least they weren't trying to take over the planet.

Lol. It's not that serious. Its a good thing Google makes good products or else there would be an even bigger hoopla. They don't spy on government for people and they don't want to "destroy" other companies. If Microsoft had the amount of users on it's services like Googles they would act the same way. Microsoft isn't some innocent victim out of tech companies.

And of course people on this site would sympathize with the company they use primarily their services from. I am not like some Android devotees, I don't praise Google. I don't praise or love any tech company. They are just that tech companies. They want your money and for you to be a repeat customer.

The same goes for you just like any blind ****** of Apple or Google. Don't put on blinders with Microsoft, stay informed of them and be wary of whatever they do as well. Not only that please, please, please stay unformed of Microsoft's rivals as well. Don't just repeat the same taking points everyone else on the forums say. Do your own research as well.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This thread is unprofessional. I guess Google is supposed to spend their resources on every single OS on the planet.

Microsoft needs to make internet explorer for Tizen. They need to make office for Tizen as well.

I have been wanting Microsoft to make an Xbox Video app for Android for a long time. I wouldn't mind IE for Android either, I could then sync bookmarks between my HP Split X2 and my RAZR M.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
How so?

Could you elaborate on this "potential"?

Intel just promised to make core i3+ for Chromebooks. More and more Windows OEM's are making Chromebooks with Lenovo being the latest.

All it takes is more consumer awareness because let's face it, a lot of people use Google Services and they work very well on Chromebooks. Outside of heavy photo and video editing, the majority of what people do on regular low cost laptops can be done on Chromebooks and they have the added advantage of being very cheap, fast, and have long battery life.

That is very scary, if they ran more ads on Chromebooks and it become more common knowledge they exist, I wouldn't doubt they could grab a good portion of desktop market share. That's why Microsoft is so scared of them, if they eve get widely known it may shake things up for Windows 8.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Hey I think Microsoft has not made internet explorer available on android?correct me if am wrong.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Why is Google being so unprofessional?

If you owned a company, and some other competing company launched a smear campaign against your products, wouldn't you call that unprofessional? Because that's what Microsoft did to Google. Would you build apps or do anything to support or help the company that smeared you?

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you owned a company, and some other competing company launched a smear campaign against your products, wouldn't you call that unprofessional? Because that's what Microsoft did to Google. Would you build apps or do anything to support or help the company that smeared you?

Yes? Because Microsoft still makes some darn good Mac software despite Apple's I'm a Mac smear campaign.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss