Why is Google being so unprofessional?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes? Because Microsoft still makes some darn good Mac software despite Apple's I'm a Mac smear campaign.

But we are talking about Google and Microsoft. Microsoft and Apple is whole other situation.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have always noticed, now that MS released Office for Android, that it's been one side to do the effort.

Not only Google is not providing services Apple (the bigger competitor) gets, it's been trashing WP at every chance. Pulling the apps for violating imaginary guidelines you don't follow is not exactly good for business.

Sure there is the Scroogle camaign, but MS is playing nice and being pro-customer. Although MS is not in a position to call exclusives, and Google is, it's a **** move.

Why is that? Will Google seem suddenly uncool? Are they acknowledging an imminent thread? I mean even if they dominate in terms of marketshare, if WP and Apple attain the same share, Google not only has a challenger, but needs to be more competitive, it was hard to compete against one good OS, so why make it two?

A) Google has been "uncool" since day one. The fact it looked "cool" was part of a long term strategy.
B) Microsoft shouldn't rely on third party/competitor apps to grant sustainability. They need to boost their own ecosystem and create an embedded solution where you may have less choice but higher security and better quality.
C) Both are direct competitors. The reason why Microsoft develops Android apps (Like BB) is that it's in a clearly inferior position and hopes making those apps cross-platform may make some users curious to use its products again (Myself being one of those). Google doesn't develop for WP simply because, i think, adding Google products to WP platform could cause a certain churn of unhappy users from Android (And that number is growing). What's the purpose of giving your direct competitor your core apps to play with? People are leaving WP exactly due to A) OS being lacking and B) Lack of proper apps, where by "Proper apps" everyone is meaning that the WP ecosystem doesn't offer the same level of satisfaction they were used to with other platforms.
In this perspective what Google does is logic (And hateful, i agree). What is not logic, is Microsoft building an OS that needs to beg for good apps from its direct competitor to make users happy. This applies to Maps, search, and the whole ecosystem with the exception of One Note which for me is an excellent, misunderstood app.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Lol. It's not that serious. Its a good thing Google makes good products or else there would be an even bigger hoopla. They don't spy on government for people and they don't want to "destroy" other companies. If Microsoft had the amount of users on it's services like Googles they would act the same way. Microsoft isn't some innocent victim out of tech companies.

And of course people on this site would sympathize with the company they use primarily their services from. I am not like some Android devotees, I don't praise Google. I don't praise or love any tech company. They are just that tech companies. They want your money and for you to be a repeat customer.

The same goes for you just like any blind ****** of Apple or Google. Don't put on blinders with Microsoft, stay informed of them and be wary of whatever they do as well. Not only that please, please, please stay unformed of Microsoft's rivals as well. Don't just repeat the same taking points everyone else on the forums say. Do your own research as well.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
He is actually right, google actually wants to take over the world, it is that serious. They are even trying to take over your life with Google glass.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
He is actually right, google actually wants to take over the world, it is that serious. They are even trying to take over your life with Google glass.

Google is not taking over the world. Google Glass is not taking over anyone's life. Don't exaggerate.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Google is not taking over the world. Google Glass is not taking over anyone's life. Don't exaggerate.

You will see, you guys will all see. Microsoft had their chance to but the EU stopped them. Now it's Google's time to rise above the Surface.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I hate how dependent I am on Google cloud services and Chrome. Unfortunately MS can't provide me a better alternative.

Browser - Chrome wipes the floor with IE in terms of GUI, extension system, multiple account support and robust search for settings/history

Mail
- Once again GMail is superior with pure labeling system and efficiencies in the UI for things like applying labels and creating filters on the fly. Too bad MS can't jettison the legacy folders

Search - This goes without saying Google Search is 10x better then Bing in so many ways. Probably the biggest blowout is on this.

Calendar - I like how you can use Google's "Quick add" to add an appointment via natural language. MS Calendar does not have this.

Video streaming - Youtube is the only thing on the web. There are no true competitors.

Maps - Once again Google Maps are the world class standard. Best POI database, best route planner and best street view.

You also forgot the wonderful feature of Chrome to suck down battery life faster than a fat man sucks down soda. Or the ability to be the only browser on either OS I use that can't watch videos without kicking up the fan. Or the ability to have "the most HTML5 support" without actually supporting it well (as in efficiently).

Also, Outlook.com is better FOR ME than Gmail because of the way I can filter things.

I also don't see how Google is "10x better" in search, I get about the same searches from both engines.

Calendar... I do like Google's natural language, Microsoft needs to get on this.

YouTube is something that also doesn't have many competitors, though I do have to say it has gone up and down in quality over the past few years. I can be on the same connection and have vastly different buffering times for videos of the same resolution.

​Maps? Nokia HERE Maps has much better offline capabilities in my books.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Jesus. Is there a company safe from your misinformation?

i buy alot of gadgets etc for my home and businesses
so yeah all companies have their flaws but samsung has wayy too many issues
proof in links??
here you go-
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...537&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=samsung capacitor

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=samsung+battery+blows+up

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=samsung laptop brick

just because you havent owned it or experienced problems doesnt mean it doesnt have
even nokia , apple etc sometimes have such issues but samsung always has issues
every home ive been to with a samsung tv (frequently) or other devices(sometimes) has the issues with capacitors etc
i had a samsung laptop which brocked when i tried to reinstall windows like complete brick and turns out its a common issue, fought and got a refund to buy the dell inspiron turbo
i had a samsung fridge die out on me within a year, finally i bought a hitachi and gave the samsung away
galaxy note 2 battery gave way in less than 6 months and they refused to help me touting that i might have been charging at night(which is what everyone usually does)
so yeah im not against samsung and actually like their windows phones but their lack of proper service etc in my country is a no-no

theres a reason micromax, onida , karbonn , moto , sony and nokia have become so popular in my country these days
though nokia sales have reduced because the asha series are a joke and people are reluctant to buy a lumia after being burned by asha
-completely samsung free since 2013 and loving it

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
i buy alot of gadgets etc for my home and businesses
so yeah all companies have their flaws but samsung has wayy too many issues
proof in links??
here you go-
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...537&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=samsung capacitor

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=samsung+battery+blows+up

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=samsung laptop brick

just because you havent owned it or experienced problems doesnt mean it doesnt have
even nokia , apple etc sometimes have such issues but samsung always has issues
every home ive been to with a samsung tv (frequently) or other devices(sometimes) has the issues with capacitors etc
i had a samsung laptop which brocked when i tried to reinstall windows like complete brick and turns out its a common issue, fought and got a refund to buy the dell inspiron turbo
i had a samsung fridge die out on me within a year, finally i bought a hitachi and gave the samsung away
galaxy note 2 battery gave way in less than 6 months and they refused to help me touting that i might have been charging at night(which is what everyone usually does)
so yeah im not against samsung and actually like their windows phones but their lack of proper service etc in my country is a no-no

theres a reason micromax, onida , karbonn , moto , sony and nokia have become so popular in my country these days
though nokia sales have reduced because the asha series are a joke and people are reluctant to buy a lumia after being burned by asha
-completely samsung free since 2013 and loving it

That's the rub they don't have service in your country. Why don't you say that instead of saying a blanket statement they always fail when they don't.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's the rub they don't have service in your country. Why don't you say that instead of saying a blanket statement they always fail when they don't.

because they DO fail, i have owned an entire samsung ecosystem in the past but went back to sony for tvs, hitachi for fridges,yamaha and bose for audio, nexus 7 for small tab, ipad for big tab, lumia and nexus 5 as my daily phones, dell,hp,vaio for laptops, mac pro for desktop etc etc (so im not inclined to one company but samsung is now always on my blacklist of companies after so many bad experiences)
i own more devices in each category but samsung has lost out in every segment ,it cant be a coincidence that me and numerous others have issues with ALL the samsung products which they own and then battle it out to get it sorted etc

yes there is a service issue with samsung but the MAIN question is why does every samsung product have soo many issues and why do they refuse to accept them and rectify?
even apple and other brands may have issues but their failure rate is much lower and they are very prompt in servicing etc

you are confused abt my previous post, in short my point is why do soo many of their products fail or have some issue or the other in the first place

edit-ps you are deviating from ops question,its a totally different story and i hope you havent assumed my anger towards samsung or other tech companies etc is not directed towards you,i respect your opinions and i dont want you to feel offended incase you are :))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss