Why is Google being so unprofessional?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
because they DO fail, i have owned an entire samsung ecosystem in the past but went back to sony for tvs, hitachi for fridges,yamaha and bose for audio, nexus 7 for small tab, ipad for big tab, lumia and nexus 5 as my daily phones, dell,hp,vaio for laptops, mac pro for desktop etc etc (so im not inclined to one company but samsung is now always on my blacklist of companies after so many bad experiences)
i own more devices in each category but samsung has lost out in every segment ,it cant be a coincidence that me and numerous others have issues with ALL the samsung products which they own and then battle it out to get it sorted etc

yes there is a service issue with samsung but the MAIN question is why does every samsung product have soo many issues and why do they refuse to accept them and rectify?
even apple and other brands may have issues but their failure rate is much lower and they are very prompt in servicing etc

you are confused abt my previous post, in short my point is why do soo many of their products fail or have some issue or the other in the first place

edit-ps you are deviating from ops question,its a totally different story and i hope you havent assumed my anger towards samsung or other tech companies etc is not directed towards you,i respect your opinions and i dont want you to feel offended incase you are :))

u have all of them right now or is it the list of all the gadgets u had?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
u have all of them right now or is it the list of all the gadgets u had?

i still own them, i never sell my old stuff
my entire family is filled with gadget enthusiasts
if you would like to take a look , check out my instagram, i post pics and videos of all my gadgets
i usually buy most gadgets as soon as it hits the market and if it is worth buying :)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
because they DO fail, i have owned an entire samsung ecosystem in the past but went back to sony for tvs, hitachi for fridges,yamaha and bose for audio, nexus 7 for small tab, ipad for big tab, lumia and nexus 5 as my daily phones, dell,hp,vaio for laptops, mac pro for desktop etc etc (so im not inclined to one company but samsung is now always on my blacklist of companies after so many bad experiences)
i own more devices in each category but samsung has lost out in every segment ,it cant be a coincidence that me and numerous others have issues with ALL the samsung products which they own and then battle it out to get it sorted etc

yes there is a service issue with samsung but the MAIN question is why does every samsung product have soo many issues and why do they refuse to accept them and rectify?
even apple and other brands may have issues but their failure rate is much lower and they are very prompt in servicing etc

you are confused abt my previous post, in short my point is why do soo many of their products fail or have some issue or the other in the first place

edit-ps you are deviating from ops question,its a totally different story and i hope you havent assumed my anger towards samsung or other tech companies etc is not directed towards you,i respect your opinions and i dont want you to feel offended incase you are :))

If you have issues that's one thing but these are not widespread issues. Like if I say my HP laptop stopped booting up and then I say HP makes crappy computers when I know that my case is an isolated incident.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have issues that's one thing but these are not widespread issues. Like if I say my HP laptop stopped booting up and then I say HP makes crappy computers when I know that my case is an isolated incident.

You are correct. But just imagine that you hated HP for some reason; you would certainly say that all HP computers are crap because you had one bad one.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You are correct. But just imagine that you hated HP for some reason; you would certainly say that all HP computers are crap because you had one bad one.

I don't have the energy to hate a company. I don't hate any company. If someone hates a company because of one bad product they are just stupid.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
1: HP does make bad PC's.
2: google's main mission in life is showing you ads
3: google did ruin youtube. I can't even listen to a 2 hour podcast anymore. I click play, go sit on the couch. Next thing I know there's an ad playing, 2 minutes later the same ad is still on. I walk over to my pc and it's a 10 minute ad! And that was just the first scheduled break, there were about 6 more after that. If this is a company you love, good for you. But it's not for me!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
1: HP does make bad PC's.
2: google's main mission in life is showing you ads
3: google did ruin youtube. I can't even listen to a 2 hour podcast anymore. I click play, go sit on the couch. Next thing I know there's an ad playing, 2 minutes later the same ad is still on. I walk over to my pc and it's a 10 minute ad! And that was just the first scheduled break, there were about 6 more after that. If this is a company you love, good for you. But it's not for me!

1.)I have had two HP laptops and loved both.

2.)Google main mission is to continue to be the #1 search engine and to make money with that with ads.

3.)Adblock. Problem solved.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Your #2 is wrong. Has been and will be as long as that psycho Eric Schmidt has anything to do with it.

Last edited:

robitaille93

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I think what Google is doing makes sense. Not that I find it a good situation for WP users...

Google doesn't want to support MS's new-ish platform that is directly competing with one of their main products. It mainly just supports Apple because the audience is already massive and established. By not supporting them they'd actively lose users. With WP it merely becomes an annoyance to the users of the WP platform, making them want to switch phones.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i still own them, i never sell my old stuff
my entire family is filled with gadget enthusiasts
if you would like to take a look , check out my instagram, i post pics and videos of all my gadgets
i usually buy most gadgets as soon as it hits the market and if it is worth buying :)
hmm very diff from my way.i usually keep my things for very long till they become ancient lol.used my old N70 for 4-5years ;) .changed it when usb port and camera cover got damaged and SD card slot got corrupted somehow.my dell laptop is reaching its 4rth year.thinking about getting a mac now.
I usually keep 2devices .a laptop and a mobile one (ipad before. 1520now).
Might get a cheaper smart phone as 1520 sometimes becomes too big to be used as a phone all the time.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

In this you are mistaken about just how widespread a problem Samsung has.

They have had QC issues in several of their plants on various products,not just mobile phones. They also have had some major CS issues as well,and it has been noted on several boards not just mobile forums.......

Samsung's mobile division on the Galaxy line has always been a hit & miss proposition for QC as long as I have used them. Folks were told over on XDA to compare different phones at the brick and mortar stores before walking out with one starting with the Captivate for this very reason.

I remember doin this with mine and my wife's 1st Captivate....I had them open 7 different boxes and all had the screen discoloration issues or bad button issues before finding 2 that didn't...They weren't pleased to do this,but my ATT store had a email from corporate letting them know about it.

Every Galaxy through the 4 and both of the Notes 1&2 had issues and I checked each the same way prior to my purchase. I'm glad I found out about doing this,cause it has saved me a lot of headaches and is why I won't buy anything sight unseen

Funny thing...my 1520and my wife's 1020 are the first Nokia smart phone we have ever owned and both were perfect. I checked 3 each and all were solid.

I looked at 2 G.Note 3's the same day....both had case fit creaks and dead pixels..

From what I have been told by a acquaintance who is on the Galaxy team,it's a vendor issues they are working on to correct...I hope they get it sorted out but with as many of them that they make,there is always going to be more that have issues...just the sheer volume of production I think.

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Search is just a revenue stream to provide a means to an end for him.

Search is their bread and butter. I don't think it's just a "means to an end". Search is how they make most of all of their money.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
In this you are mistaken about just how widespread a problem Samsung has.

They have had QC issues in several of their plants on various products,not just mobile phones. They also have had some major CS issues as well,and it has been noted on several boards not just mobile forums.......

Samsung's mobile division on the Galaxy line has always been a hit & miss proposition for QC as long as I have used them. Folks were told over on XDA to compare different phones at the brick and mortar stores before walking out with one starting with the Captivate for this very reason.

I remember doin this with mine and my wife's 1st Captivate....I had them open 7 different boxes and all had the screen discoloration issues or bad button issues before finding 2 that didn't...They weren't pleased to do this,but my ATT store had a email from corporate letting them know about it.

Every Galaxy through the 4 and both of the Notes 1&2 had issues and I checked each the same way prior to my purchase. I'm glad I found out about doing this,cause it has saved me a lot of headaches and is why I won't buy anything sight unseen

Funny thing...my 1520and my wife's 1020 are the first Nokia smart phone we have ever owned and both were perfect. I checked 3 each and all were solid.

I looked at 2 G.Note 3's the same day....both had case fit creaks and dead pixels..

From what I have been told by a acquaintance who is on the Galaxy team,it's a vendor issues they are working on to correct...I hope they get it sorted out but with as many of them that they make,there is always going to be more that have issues...just the sheer volume of production I think.

Mac

Probably. They are bound to have some issues if they are producing millions of the same model.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

lets say you have alot of HP devices and all have issues, then what??

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

You have bad luck. One person having bad problems with one companies products is just bad luck. Until 100-1000s of people have the same problems, they are just isolated incidents.

But that's why there are warranties, you can get things fixed if they have problems.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It can happen with any device. I recall reading a thread over on iMore awhile ago where an iPhone user said he was on his 28th. Yes, that's correct. I can't believe he kept going back for the same one! I believe it was a 4s, but I don't remember for sure. A lot of 920s were returned for dust under the camera lens (mine has it but it's my 2nd device and I don't use the FFC) or endless spinning gears. Considering that some of Samsung's high end phones themselves outsell all WP devices put together, it's not surprising that there will be a number of defects.

Plus, add an inherent dislike for a certain brand, and any minor defect will seem major.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss