Why is Google being so unprofessional?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
im speaking for the rest of the world , not US and UK where the service centres are usually good
even alot of european and asian countries sometimes have the worst service centres by alot of companies
look man, you dont own google,android,samsung etc so why are you soo bent on proving that only your opinion and experience matters?!!
just because you havent owned that product or because you had a good experience or because you just want to differ with others , doesnt mean MY OPINION doesnt matter, i had issues with samsung , i posted about it
, its just a thread, keep it that way :)
i dont have anything against you, in fact ive agreed to soo many of your posts as well, you put up a good arguement most of the time and i really enjoy some of your posts which usually contain alot of interesting and usually correct takes but it doesnt mean my experiences are not to be considered or something :)

I never said, my experience and opinions matter but to speak on your experiences and say because it happened to you so it must be true for others is the wrong thing to do.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
But only Google employees Eric Schmidt. A man that doesn't believe in human autonomy and would like to leverage Google to take that away from us.

Like I give a fudge what Eric Schmidt thinks. He is only one person in Google, Google as a whole is not represented by him alone.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I never said, my experience and opinions matter but to speak on your experiences and say because it happened to you so it must be true for others is the wrong thing to do.

what if it happened to all my samsung products and everyone else who i know who also own samsung products which failed?they have had alot of complaints but they turn a deaf ear

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Because I'm not dumping in Google or YouTube I am PR.

And yes you insinuated that it's hard for content creators to make money when in fact many actually do. Its depends in how much work you put in, just like any other job.

No, it's because it appears that you spend most of the day in this forum. Google doesn't need you to save them. And I did not insult people who make money on youtube. Earlier you was implying that youtube was cool because people can make money. I was simply pointing out that fact that only a small percent of content creators actually make money on youtube. Google is the one who's actually making all the money.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
what if it happened to all my samsung products and everyone else who i know who also own samsung products which failed?they have had alot of complaints but they turn a deaf ear

It still would be considered anecdotal. They sell millions of devices, unless they have a collective claim or file put against them, everything you experienced and the people around you experienced is anecdotal and isolated experiences.

Even personally this it the first time I have ever heard of Samsung device failing.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
No, it's because it appears that you spend most of the day in this forum. Google doesn't need you to save them. And I did not insult people who make money on youtube. Earlier you was implying that youtube was cool because people can make money. I was simply pointing out that fact that only a small percent of content creators actually make money on youtube. Google is the one who's actually making all the money.

I don't spend most of the day in this forum and if I did and? Microsoft does not need you to save them either. That goes both ways. I don't come here to start problems, but FUD spreading is not something Ill let just spread around when it is not needed. That is misinformation when people come to the forums to learn and have logical discussions not see "Google sux and steals your data, Googles is evil etc".

Like that's not even a logical discission. That's just ignorance. If content creators make money off of YouTube because they put in enough work, what's the problem? Google does not make all the money obviously.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Contrary to what most consumers believe, Google isn't in the mobile OS business. Google is in the advertisement business. Android earns Google nothing. In fact, Android is just a huge hole into which Google sinks billions of engineering dollars annually with almost zero returns. The point is, it's not the end product (WP, iOS, Android) that defines what markets a company participates in, but where their revenue comes from (for Google that is internet/cloud/web based services)!

The key realization is that MS and Google both compete with each other in the markets where they earn money. That is not true of Apple. Apple is a devices and media company. Their primary competitor is Samsung. Not Google. As far as Google is concerned, as long as their ability to collect information on consumer behaviour isn't hampered on Apple's devices, there is no reason not to get cozy with Apple.

The opposite is true of MS. In the MS ecosystem, people tend to use services that are in direct competition with Google's. Worse yet, MS' ecosystem tends to cut off the channels Google uses to deliver advertising (Bing instead of Google search). That is Google's lifeline.

Google would be stupid not to behave competitively towards MS and visa versa. Due to Android's relevance in the mobile space, Google gets to be the bully and MS the victim. MS would behave no differently if the tables were turned.

It's very simple economics - Google doesn't want to help a competitor with minimal market share and iOS has such a large (and affluent) following that they choose to support Apple and not MS. Personally, I believe they are hurting themselves more than helping because they are excluding universal adoption of their services like Hangouts, Maps, Mail, etc. As for MS supporting iOS and Android they have no choice if they want to keep their services relevant (OneDrive, Skype, Outlook, etc.). To me that is the biggest problem for WP because as a user of both MS and Google services I get outstanding support for both on Android (Google Drive/OneDrive, Google Photos/OneDrive photo support, Skype, Outlook/GMail are all excellent apps) and does not require me to commit to either one and maximize my return on both.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't spend most of the day in this forum and if I did and? Microsoft does not need you to save them either.

I just show up once in a while to take a break from work. Every time there's more posts from you than I have time to read! Only read what I quoted, BUSY!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's very simple economics - Google doesn't want to help a competitor with minimal market share and iOS has such a large (and affluent) following that they choose to support Apple and not MS. Personally, I believe they are hurting themselves more than helping because they are excluding universal adoption of their services like Hangouts, Maps, Mail, etc. As for MS supporting iOS and Android they have no choice if they want to keep their services relevant (OneDrive, Skype, Outlook, etc.). To me that is the biggest problem for WP because as a user of both MS and Google services I get outstanding support for both on Android (Google Drive/OneDrive, Google Photos/OneDrive photo support, Skype, Outlook/GMail are all excellent apps) and does not require me to commit to either one and maximize my return on both.

Same here. I use Microsoft and Google Services and Android allows me to use both extensively. I only wish I had an Xbox Video app and then I would be set.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

You nailed it. The intern posts all day long in a Windows Phone forum even though he has no Windows Phone, extolling the virtues of Google and Android and defending against any slightly negative comments directed toward them. In his world, everyone else's point here is an "opinion" based on a bias toward Microsoft, while he happens to spout "facts" that always happen to result in Google and Android farting roses. I've blocked the guy's posts and still can't get away from him because of all his trolling (oh wait, if it's "polite" it can't be trolling-yeah, right) that gets quoted by posters who take his bait. I can't wait until he gets bored and leaves or maybe his internship will end before the summer term starts.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You nailed it. The intern posts all day long in a Windows Phone forum even though he has no Windows Phone, extolling the virtues of Google and Android and defending against any slightly negative comments directed toward them.
I use Microsoft services everyday and I own a Windows 8.1 convertible and a Xbox 360, these forums are for ALL Microsoft discussions.

In his world, everyone else's point here is an "opinion" based on a bias toward Microsoft, while he happens to spout "facts" that always happen to result in Google and Android farting roses.
So you admit facts are not what you want to see? You just want "Praise Microsoft, down with Apple/Nokia".

I've blocked the guy's posts and still can't get away from him because of all his trolling (oh wait, if it's "polite" it can't be trolling-yeah, right) that gets quoted by posters who take his bait.

Trolling? I have been on WPCentral longer than you have! Now I troll? That's rich coming from the same person who goes through my comment history and ends up in every thread I am in to call me a troll. You troll ME. Leave me ALONE

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I use Microsoft services everyday and I own a Windows 8.1 convertible and a Xbox 360, these forums are for ALL Microsoft discussions.

So you admit facts are not what you want to see? You just want "Praise Microsoft, down with Apple/Nokia".

Trolling? I have been on WPCentral longer than you have! Now I troll? That's rich coming from the same person who goes through my comment history and ends up in every thread I am in to call me a troll. You troll ME. Leave me ALONE
What does the length of your membership have to do with anything?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
What does the length of your membership have to do with anything?

Because I have never trolled here in the almost 2 years I have been here. Not only that I was here reading WPCentral when a certain author was not even working at the Verge yet. I have no reason to Troll here. I have never gone around and said '"WP sux" or "Microsoft sux". The only thing I have been saying lately is how the perception of Google around here is skewed so heavily that no one wants to see actual facts. But no, no one wants to see how bias is heavy here. They just want to point fingers at me because I am the only one willing to speak up about how ludicrous it is that people can say such uninformed things.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Kev, I agree with you wholeheartedly. How long someone has been registered has nothing to do with making almost 500 posts in a month that are intended to antagonize Windows Phone users. Also, if he has been here longer than me then he must be a multi-accounter because the registration dates state otherwise. However, I am not going to say anything further because I will just get banned. I have reported my views to the moderator and will let them handle it. Peace.

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Because I have never trolled here in the almost 2 years I have been here. Not only that I was here reading WPCentral when a certain author was not even working at the Verge yet. I have no reason to Troll here. I have never gone around and said '"WP sux" or "Microsoft sux". The only thing I have been saying lately is how the perception of Google around here is skewed so heavily that no one wants to see actual facts. But no, no one wants to see how bias is heavy here. They just want to point fingers at me because I am the only one willing to speak up about how ludicrous it is that people can say such uninformed things.

There's bias on every one of these forums. People at Crackberry think BlackBerry will rise to #1 again, people here thing Google is Satan, people on iMore think that Windows is nothing but BSOD and crappy hardware and people at Android Central have told me that Microsoft is the most evil, corrupted corporation on the planet and that they feel sorry that people put the blame on EA.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
There's bias on every one of these forums. People at Crackberry think BlackBerry will rise to #1 again, people here thing Google is Satan, people on iMore think that Windows is nothing but BSOD and crappy hardware and people at Android Central have told me that Microsoft is the most evil, corrupted corporation on the planet and that they feel sorry that people put the blame on EA.

I have never seen someone on Android Central say Microsoft was evil. Though I agree with your other points. Though I don't think it is a good idea to let biases taint the community.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss