Why is Google being so unprofessional?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well Microsoft has no choice as they have to be as cross platform as possible to get people to use their services. Google can ignore WP because they have a much smaller user base to Android.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Yes, because I'm sure they'll fail as a company is they don't provide Office to less than half a percent of the PC market.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Never met anyone with failed Samsung devices. I also see people satisfied with their Samsung phones.

I find that almost impossible to believe. I live in a town with about 10,000 people and even I've seen a phone from every OEM fail. Hell, in my family, there were two S4's that were replaced with iPhone 5Ss. My supervisor's Note 3 is also acting terrible. Now, you could argue that that's because Samsung sells more phones, so I would see more phone failures, but I've seen Apple, LG, Motorola, and even Nokia phones all fail.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I said I never personally run into people with Samsung devices that have problems. Does not mean I am sheltered or have on rose damn glasses.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Well..then you aren't around very many people or most likely you are but seeing how you are so damn pro Google/Android like here on a Windows Phone forum...they flat *** refuse to even discuss it with you..cause they know it won't do any good or you won't believe them...

Mac

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
by 'some people', you mean about 1 percent of all people creating for youtube. You have to get a LOT of views before you get that much.

Yeah, and for 80% it's a nice supplemental income.

How are they obnoxious? Or are you just want to pick something apart that is Google?

This place, sadly, is becoming as bad as MacRumors lately. If you like Microsoft, apparently you must hate Google.

Does the google PR department ever take breaks from posting here? :/

Nobody ever said that.

You caught me. I rag on Chrome, point out that Google isn't going by standards, I've even ragged on Android. But since I don't always hate everything they do, I must be from their PR department. :\

Well Microsoft has no choice as they have to be as cross platform as possible to get people to use their services. Google can ignore WP because they have a much smaller user base to Android.

​They actually could get away with ignoring Chromebooks, since they're not really going anywhere.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well..then you aren't around very many people or most likely you are but seeing how you are so damn pro Google/Android like here on a Windows Phone forum...they flat *** refuse to even discuss it with you..cause they know it won't do any good or you won't believe them...

Mac

I am Pro Bacon if anything. I should have made bacon instead of sausages this morning but back on topic. As a matter of fact because I live in Atlanta, there are more iPhones and MetroPCS LG devices than anything else. If I ever see someone with a Samsung device they never say they have problems, but usually that type of stuff does not come up in normal everyday conversation with regular people.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This place, sadly, is becoming as bad as MacRumors lately. If you like Microsoft, apparently you must hate Google.

That was I was thinking, I actually use services from both, hell I was just on Xbox Live getting hacked by somebody on Watch Dogs.

They actually could get away with ignoring Chromebooks, since they're not really going anywhere.

Not anytime soon no. I think it was just a good PR formality "I helped out Google but they won't help me out". I mean Chromebooks can already access Office Online from the website but I guess they were being nice. Even then it's on the Chrome store which means any device with Google Chrome can use it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and for 80% it's a nice supplemental income.

You caught me. I rag on Chrome, point out that Google isn't going by standards, I've even ragged on Android. But since I don't always hate everything they do, I must be from their PR department. :\

​They actually could get away with ignoring Chromebooks, since they're not really going anywhere.

It's not easy to completely avoid using Google services. Because of the sheer number of users, they have some stuff nobody else really has, like Google Talk - or whatever they call it these days. I still can't wrap my head around the Chromebook, I find it useless since a good Android tablet can do more and is more portable. I don't care for Google's business practices but it doesn't make me go out spew hateful things about them on an internet board. I use MS services because I prefer how they work, I've been using them for as long as I can remember and they are the industry standard in my profession. At least Apple plays somewhat nice with MS and it's probably why they're the top dogs in sales.

Does any of this make me a member of Microsoft's PR team?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I said I never personally run into people with Samsung devices that have problems. Does not mean I am sheltered or have on rose damn glasses.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

just because you havent met any people with samsung phones with issues doesnt mean it doesnt exist

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I never said it didn't, I said I personally never met someone dissatisfied with Samsung's products.

If you don't mind me asking, what, then was the point of even stating your "I've never met anyone with a bad Samsung product" post? If you said earlier that anecdotal evidence means nothing (in response to the guy saying that all of his Samsung products have broken), then what was the point of even providing anecdotal evidence?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, what, then was the point of even stating your "I've never met anyone with a bad Samsung product" post? If you said earlier that anecdotal evidence means nothing (in response to the guy saying that all of his Samsung products have broken), then what was the point of even providing anecdotal evidence?

I was just saying personally I have never met anyone that had a bad Samsung product. It does not mean nothing. I never said bad products didn't exist, but in my own experience I never have. But you are right it is anecdotal. Unless we get hard facts around here it all is anecdotal.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the points already been hit, this thread has lost steam. But I am glad we had a back and forth and the conversation managed to reach civility.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
That was I was thinking, I actually use services from both, hell I was just on Xbox Live getting hacked by somebody on Watch Dogs.

Not anytime soon no. I think it was just a good PR formality "I helped out Google but they won't help me out". I mean Chromebooks can already access Office Online from the website but I guess they were being nice. Even then it's on the Chrome store which means any device with Google Chrome can use it.

Also, let's be real. They want you to get into their ecosystem, regardless of device.

It's not easy to completely avoid using Google services. Because of the sheer number of users, they have some stuff nobody else really has, like Google Talk - or whatever they call it these days. I still can't wrap my head around the Chromebook, I find it useless since a good Android tablet can do more and is more portable. I don't care for Google's business practices but it doesn't make me go out spew hateful things about them on an internet board. I use MS services because I prefer how they work, I've been using them for as long as I can remember and they are the industry standard in my profession. At least Apple plays somewhat nice with MS and it's probably why they're the top dogs in sales.

Does any of this make me a member of Microsoft's PR team?

All of it. /sarcasm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb