You gotta give it to Samsung when it comes to advertising....

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another major TV event in the US and another win for Samsung advertising. They seem to be the title sponsor for for every major tv award show and sporting event besides the NFL that Microsoft has. Microsoft needs to really step up there advertising in a major way.....

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know, it's like a broken record. I've posted in many threads about it, just getting tired of always seeing Samsung ad everywhere & no MS ads. I'm begining to think they really just "Don't Get It"

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Truth is, Microsoft probably doesn't have the revenue to embark on an advertising spree like Samsung does, so I don't think anyone can blame them for having poorer advertising...

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Truth is, Microsoft probably doesn't have the revenue to embark on an advertising spree like Samsung does, so I don't think anyone can blame them for having poorer advertising...

A multibillion dollar corporation doesn't have the revenue to advertise effectively?

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
A multibillion dollar corporation doesn't have the revenue to advertise effectively?

Microsoft has far more software portfolios than Samsung, for one, and are operating system producers, unlike Samsung whose main revenues just come from making hardware for which platforms were already developed for them.

Microsoft doesn't make as much hardware sale revenue as Samsung, simply put.

It is not as simple as Microsoft just churning out advertisements, which they did do. Billboards, things like that, Microsoft still wouldn't be able to match Samsung's volume, I don't think.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Another major TV event in the US and another win for Samsung advertising. They seem to be the title sponsor for for every major tv award show and sporting event besides the NFL that Microsoft has. Microsoft needs to really step up there advertising in a major way.....

I live in the US, and I watch baseball & football. I see more WP & Surface ads than Samsung or Apple ads. If there is a Samsung ad, it's usually from a carrier, not Samsung.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Some Baseball = WP(but not world series), NFL = WP, MTV music awards = WP

NBA playoffs = Samsung, American Idol = Samsung, Grammys = Samsung, Billboard Awards = Samsung, Masters = Samsung, Winter Olympics = Samsung, NHL Playoffs = Samsung, Kentucky Derby = Samsung, Peoples Choice awards = Samsung, tony Awards = Samsung, Little league World Series = SAmsung, Teen choice awards = Samsung, ACMAs = Samsung, CMAs = Samsung, BET Awards = Samsung, MTV movie awards & World series = Samsung, the Emmy awards = Samsung.....

Samsung just sold 10 million S5's in 25 days

Shall I go on?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Some Baseball = WP(but not world series), NFL = WP, MTV music awards = WP

NBA playoffs = Samsung, American Idol = Samsung, Grammys = Samsung, Billboard Awards = Samsung, Masters = Samsung, Winter Olympics = Samsung, NHL Playoffs = Samsung, Kentucky Derby = Samsung, Peoples Choice awards = Samsung, tony Awards = Samsung, Little league World Series = SAmsung, Teen choice awards = Samsung, ACMAs = Samsung, CMAs = Samsung, BET Awards = Samsung, MTV movie awards & World series = Samsung, the Emmy awards = Samsung.....

Samsung just sold 10 million S5's in 25 days

Shall I go on?

They may have sold that many,but,since they are basically giving them away,just how much actual profit are they getting from these sales ?

If Microsoft wanted to,they could outspend most any company on advertising,instead they are just gobbling up companies like Direct TV instead. Now with them doing this,just how many viewers will be seeing their name or logo .....

Mac

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They may have sold that many,but,since they are basically giving them away,just how much actual profit are they getting from these sales ?

If Microsoft wanted to,they could outspend most any company on advertising,instead they are just gobbling up companies like Direct TV instead. Now with them doing this,just how many viewers will be seeing their name or logo .....

Mac

Really? Their earning results beg to differ....

Samsung's Profit Bulges on Cheaper Galaxy Smartphones

Is waaaaay better than this:

"Net sales in Nokia’s former devices and services business came in at just under $2.7 billion, which represents a massive 30% decline compared to the same quarter in 2013. Nokia’s handset business posted a $424 million operating loss in the quarter"

They better start giving away phones with a 30% drop in sales & start outspending like you say they can. It seems to workk better than what they & Nokia have done or are doing now.....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I know, it's like a broken record. I've posted in many threads about it, just getting tired of always seeing Samsung ad everywhere & no MS ads. I'm begining to think they really just "Don't Get It"

You should try here in the UK. It's Apple everywhere. Especially in airports, tube stations and giant billboards. All for the Apple 5C crap... because having 'colour' is unique you know.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Here in guatemala I only see Samsung in most adds, and then LG... Nokia is advertised by a minimum... Sony and the rest are crap... but even Huawei is making better than MSFT

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. Yeah I agree with Samsung on their marketing effort. I mean come on, say what you want, but they really are pushing their brand name in almost anyways they could (including the White House). And about Microsoft, I dont see alot of their ads everywhere.. But I am really hoping they could leverage Nokia's experience with ad (they make some fantastic ones) to help promote themselves !

P.S. I find this to be one of the best ads from Nokia.
Lumia Pro Camera: A History of Photography - YouTube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon