Microsoft gets into the home automation game with Insteon partnership

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have this idea, if they integrate Cortana into the Insteon device and into Xbox One. E.g Say "Cortana can you dim down the lights" From Insteon or a microphone they can make

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
MS and Insteon partnership and Windows in the Car. Cortana now your Home and Car assitant?

Ever since Cortana was revealed. I have wondered if Cortana could be your assistant around your house. I believe with the Insteon and MS partnership. You could have Cortana around your house.

e.g
1) Ask Cortana without your phone and tell her what the weather is and what you have on your calendar and she'll reply to you.
2) When you're eating, when the traffic is big around your school area, work area Cortana will tell your family when to go before the traffic gets worse.
3) or before you wake up, Cortana will wake you up and time to get breakfast done.
4) Also she could also turn down the lights while you play a game on your Xbox One, she could also tell you how dime the lights you want them to be using your Kinect or phone or tablet.
5) or even when you go out Cortana will also bring her data to the car and help you guide through a place you wanna visit with Cortana on Windows in the Car

Cortana would likely do much more than what is on this. But I believe MS with the partner with Insteon and WIndows in the Car will likely achieve to Get Cortana the personal assistant everywhere.

don't you agree?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Why not Laura? Until Google start developing for MSFT and they drop the Nest system or untill Seaman's or Honeywell gets to Windows Phone. I think this system is a good alternative.
I agree. I'd consider it if I had a house. I live in an apartment, so any type of automation is out of the question for me.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I'd consider it if I had a house. I live in an apartment, so any type of automation is out of the question for me.

Automation is an option. And it is a virtual fantasy converted onto reality.

So what you can automate anything. Even your apartment. Lol I automate everything when available if possible.
I Just use my imagination. There are no specifics.

Just Bubba

May 1, 2013
Visit site
The app is in the Windows Phone store as of this morning. Search for "INSTEON for Hub" and install. You will need to be on the same network as your INSTEON hub to get the app configured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos