11-19-2015 01:50 PM
35 12
tools
    Well, it's not Cortana's fault. She'd probably work fine if she had the correct addresses to work with...

I could make location based reminders work by lying to her and telling her the wrong address... but I'm sure that would lead to problems down the road in the ecosystem as a whole.. ****, I might even start believing I actually live at 143 after a while!
    Lol..... Hilarious!!! :-D rofl..
    MikeSo likes this.
    05-29-2014 02:35 PM
    I'm having a similar problem, but not exactly. I can't get Bing maps to search for an address at all. The addresses come up in the list as I'm typing, but selecting an address causes a cannot find address error. This is on EVERY address. I have all of the states maps I need downloaded. It'll search for, for example, Tennessee Aquarium but not it's address. Here+ finds them just fine. Now, how can I get Cortana to use my Here+ favorites instead of the half-baked in Bing maps data?
    07-15-2014 09:40 AM
    I'm having the same problem with bing maps too, which is very frustrating.

I have created a post about it
    07-16-2014 07:19 AM
    Actually i have never got in to problems using Here maps dont know why you got into.. May be the address where you stay is not properly mapped.
    07-16-2014 02:11 PM
    I just searched for Tennessee Aquarium online it gave me location on bing maps. Just tap on it and it will give you the address. I do not know how you did not get it??
    07-16-2014 02:15 PM
    I'm having a similar problem, but not exactly. I can't get Bing maps to search for an address at all. The addresses come up in the list as I'm typing, but selecting an address causes a cannot find address error. This is on EVERY address. I have all of the states maps I need downloaded. It'll search for, for example, Tennessee Aquarium but not it's address. Here+ finds them just fine. Now, how can I get Cortana to use my Here+ favorites instead of the half-baked in Bing maps data?
    I just searched for Tennessee Aquarium online it gave me location on bing maps. Just tap on it and it will give you the address. I do not know how you did not get it??
    07-16-2014 02:18 PM
    No, I know that works. What I can't do is search for any address first. Here+ works fine. Just not Bing
    07-16-2014 04:35 PM
    I know I can't be the only one with this problem..
    I have exact same issue. Home address is Off by a few numbers. Location is correct.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    11-18-2015 11:14 AM
    In my case not exactly same issue but in bing maps location of all points like metro station is off by 100 to 150m and bing maps have hence given me wrong directions twice ending nowhere blindly. Surprisingly with same map data Here maps shows everything at correct location with correct direction. Anyone with same issue?
    11-18-2015 11:30 AM
    Ed, when you say you tried to report the issue, did you use the Mapcreator tool on Here Maps? http://mapreporter.navteq.com/

Just curious. I remember when I first got my Garmin stick-to-your-windshield GPS, my grandmother's house was off in a similar fashion.
    11-19-2015 01:50 PM
35 12