Would you like your phone battery to charge quickly or have a higher capacity?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is a larger phone battery more important to you than having a quick charge?

I was thinking a quick charge would be good because I use mobile charging quite a bit.
Charging on the go is more important to me.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
A larger battery is generally preferable. Rapid charging is good in a pinch, but it also harms your battery long term, as it excessively heats the battery.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the 1520 and it's battery is huge! Lasts forever (which I love) but... It's very slow to charge. So far it died once (wasn't paying attention while playing asphalt) since I've had it and I kid you not it took about an hour for it to get two percent battery (which was just enough to turn it back on lol). It's slow but it almost never dies so I'm cool with it lol.

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Bigger batteries usually charge faster than small ones. Of course it takes longer to fill them completely, but if you charge a big battery for an hour and you charge a small one for the same time you might get more battery life out of the big battery. So I prefer a big one

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I know this wasn't the question ~ but replaceable one for me. An extra I can just slip into my pockets. 😁

But I guess bigger would be my choice, for capacity. Can always use it while it's charging at home. But love for it to last when I'm out.

Salamy

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
For sure bigger battery, you will find time to charge it, I was looking for the WP8.1 devices (Flagship), when the Lumia 930 announced I felt so disappointed because of the small capacity battery .

Let's wait and see what is coming !!!

I hate smartphones with small batteries they are really useless .

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll take the larger capacity battery and not have to worry about charging until I go to bed. There, it can its sweet time.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When I switch from AT&T to T-Mobile, The phone I got was the LG G2. The LG G2 was a stellar phone but it did have a lot of issues I wasn't accustomed too (slow as time goes on, and very buggy) verses iPhone and Windows Phone. One feature I really liked was the quick charge 2.0 that is had. It could charge the phone in two hours. Very useful plus it had a huge battery in it.

I would welcome this on Windows Phone.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Bigger batteries. I charge my phones whenever I sleep (and sometimes, don't charge them until the next night). When you charge your phone a lot, it means that a lot of times pass by when you cannot use your phone since charging doesn't work when doing heavy work like gaming.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Definitely bigger batteries. I want my phone to last long while I'm out, since there are no easily available outlets outside. With the Lumia 1520's big battery, I leave the house early in the morning with a full battery, use it outside while on the road, and still come home at night with enough juice to repeat the same process again the next day. :D

famguy41

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
More capacity!!!! If my phone lasts all day and I can charge it while I sleep why would I want it to charge faster? My 920 lasts half a day at best. My old iPhone 5 lasted most of the day with the same usage.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Since there are many situations a place to charge a phone wont be available, having more capacity is key for me.

When I used to have Android, and towards the end of my iPhone days, I was always carrying cords in my pockets because I was constantly charging. They would charge really fast, but wouldn't last you too long. Especially when traveling. Like vultures fighting over the power stations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention