04-20-2015 10:38 AM
190 1234 ...
tools
    I try never to pigeonhole myself like that. I would never want to use just one ecosystem. I enjoy the differences in all (ok, not a fan of Google, but I do have one Android tablet). But I love having options. I don't have to be too upset if my WP doesn't get an app, because either my iPhone or Droid tablet will. Love options!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-28-2014 07:53 PM
    I used to be an iPod & Macbook guy back in college, then went over to Android for a few years (terrible experience with the original Galaxy S that basically tainted my opinion of the Android OS completely), and now I'm pretty much a Microsoft purist with an 8.1 laptop, Lumia 920 & 925, Surface RT, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and an Xbox Music pass. I just love having one unified design language and experience across all of my devices.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-28-2014 07:54 PM
    I use most things from MS (surface, lumia, office, onedrive, outlook.com), but I use Google for YouTube and I have a PS4 because I wanted to play Infamous and Goatee Simulator (aka MLB 14), and not Titanfall. But I'll pick up an XB1 later because WP 8.1's Cortana has piqued my interest in finally playing Halo and the series is getting a remake with upgraded graphics.

Bottom line is I use what works the best for me, and that tends to be MS. No one else even has a Surface-like device. I don't know why any college student would waste his/her money on something that is unable to take notes in half the classes (i.e., no stylus).
    05-28-2014 08:05 PM
    no, i pick whatever fit my need, but i have a bunch of MS things here :

Desktop : one Windows 7
    Laptops : one Windows 7, one Windows 8.1, one Linux Mint
    Phones : BlackBerry and Android
    Tablets : Android and Windows 8.1
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-28-2014 08:58 PM
    Desktop: Acer Windows 7
    Tablet: Surface pro 2
    Phone: L1020 (BB for work)
    Music: IPod nano

Work laptops are HP Windows 7 and Macbook pro
    05-28-2014 09:04 PM
    Never go full Microsoft.
    05-28-2014 09:04 PM
    MS all the way...

Laptop: MSI GT60 running 8.1 Update 1

Tablet: Dell Venue 8 Pro running 8.1 update 1

Phones: Nokia Lumia 920 & 810 both running WP 8.1 (in addition to the ones in my signature)

Apart from the above I'm a ASP.NET developer, SSRS developer, MS SQL developer, SharePoint developer, etc. 😁
    05-28-2014 09:07 PM
    Completely Microsoft from the start.
    Old desktop 8.1
    Lenovo edge 92z aio 21.5 touchscreen
    Nokia 1520
    Nokia 1320
    Microsoft office home edition 2013
    Windows home xp/professional
    Windows 7 professional.
    Alas ! Surface not available otherwise.....
    05-28-2014 09:10 PM
    I can't ever see myself going full in with any one company and their products. There's too many products that do things better than others
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    05-28-2014 09:23 PM
    I am 100% in but I also own other devices... so I guess I am in between.

Phones: iPhone 5s as my daily driver, Lumia 920 I use for my Pandora WiFi streaming.

Computers: 2011 iMac 21 inch, (I don't use it often) but I play one game on it (Out of the Park Baseball, and I sync my phones (Lumia 920 with iPhoto and iPhone 5s) I also stream a lot of content from my iMAC to my apple TV (Like TV shows from CBS etc.)

Surface Pro 1: I use this sucker on an average of 3-4 hours per day minimum. I use it for school and for work. The power cover is the only thing keeping me from buying a Surface Pro 3.

Tablet: I have the "the new Ipad" aka Ipad 3. I rarely use it but my wife uses it all the time.

Media Room:
    Apple TV: We use this every day for Hulu and Netflix
    Xbox 360: I used to use it for Netflix and Hulu but I don't have time to play games on it anymore. I subscribed to Xbox gold for the longest time but there is no point anymore. Just a waste of money for me right now with having an Apple TV, and not playing games on my Xbox.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    05-28-2014 09:51 PM
    My family is all in with the MS ecosystem.

Win 7 desktop
    Surface Pro 1
    Windows 7 Laptop
    (2) Xbox 360's
    Xbox One
    Zune Player
    Lumia 1020 - Mine
    Lumia 1520 - Wifes
    Lumia 920 - Daughters
    Lumia 520 - Daughters
    145Gb OneDrive storage
    Office 365 4yr subscription
    Xbox Live Subscription
    05-28-2014 10:34 PM
    I am.

Surface pro 2 (soon to be 3)
    Office 365
    HTC 8x

My wife has a Samsung gs3 but really wants a Lumia 1020 on Verizon. My sister has a Lumia icon and surface pro 2 and other sister has a Lumia 928. My mom has a Lumia 822. My dad has a stupid Droid but does have a surface rt.
    05-28-2014 10:52 PM
    I'm a small business person and a sole proprietor. I own and operate one of the largest websites related to my industry and also do sales and marketing consulting with about 20 firms nationally.

I use nothing but Microsoft because it is modern, state-of-the-art, solid, dependable, works across any platform, any time, any place, and has great productivity tools. It is very cost effective and allows me to compete with the "big boys and girls."

IMHO, both Apple and Google have really good stuff generally, but they don't have the whole package Microsoft does.

My stuff: Office 365, OneDrive, Nokia 1020, Surface, Dell Venue 8 Pro, two HP/Windows 8.1 laptops and one HP/Windows 8.1 desktop.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-28-2014 11:00 PM
    I am a nurse and photographer and have always loved Microsoft products, Just not their past lack of dedication to a few (Zune for 1). But ahh well. I own a Zune 8g, and 80g. Fujitsu 2020 tablet PC, Lenovo workstation, WP 920 running dev prev 8.1 and am either going to replace my Fujitsu with the new surface pro 3 or get fujitsu's q series. Wouldn't use an apple product if it was free.
    Edit: My wife has Fujitsu 4020, Zune 40g, and Nokia 1020.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    05-28-2014 11:17 PM
    Tech junkie here. Can't limit myself like that.
    I have an iMac .... with a Windows 8.1 bootcamp partition
    I have a laptop with 8.1 and a Ubuntu partition.

I have an iPhone 5s, a Nokia 1520, and an LG G2.

I use google chrome as my web browser on Mac and Windows desktops. Safari on my iPhone, and IE on the Nokia.

Love all of it. I want an iPad and a surface Pro 3.

BTW, did you know if you have a Mac, Microsoft made an app that will sync iTunes directly to your Nokia phone? as well as Pics to iPhoto.
    works like a charm.

I love apple, love android phones, and love microsoft. I can't limit myself to one thing. Use All tech!!

I am also an audiophile. I use Tube preamps, but prefer solid state amps. lol No limits!
    Laura Knotek, snowmutt and A895 like this.
    05-28-2014 11:18 PM
    I have an Icon, Surface RT, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and an HP Probook with Windows 8.1. So I'm all in.
    05-28-2014 11:21 PM
    I'm all Microsoft too! A Nokia Lumia 620 that is a WP, so I use all of Microsoft's services and I plan to get a Surface Pro 3 soon. Go Microsoft!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-28-2014 11:23 PM
    Tech junkie here. Can't limit myself like that.
    I have an iMac .... with a Windows 8.1 bootcamp partition
    I have a laptop with 8.1 and a Ubuntu partition.

I have an iPhone 5s, a Nokia 1520, and an LG G2.

I use google chrome as my web browser on Mac and Windows desktops. Safari on my iPhone, and IE on the Nokia.

Love all of it. I want an iPad and a surface Pro 3.

BTW, did you know if you have a Mac, Microsoft made an app that will sync iTunes directly to your Nokia phone? as well as Pics to iPhoto.
    works like a charm.

I love apple, love android phones, and love microsoft. I can't limit myself to one thing. Use All tech!!

I am also an audiophile. I use Tube preamps, but prefer solid state amps. lol No limits!
    I understand. For me that's too complicated! I like everything to work seamlessly together or at least as close to that as I can get. But three phones! Are you counting family? Well,, I guess I can't say much either. Im like that with certain things. Kind of an audiophile myself. Older Es series sony receiver hooked up to a superaudio player, minidisc, and vinyl player. All outputting through my allesis studio moniter ones MK2. For portable. Zune 80g playing lossless wma with fiio headphone amp to ue triple fi 10's.
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-28-2014 11:28 PM
    Except for my Gmail account, all the rest is Microsoft:

* Hardware: X360, Dell Inspiron 14z running W8.1, Lumia 2520 running W8.1, Lumia 920 running WP8
    * Software/Subscriptions: Office 2013, OneDrive, Xbox Music
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    05-28-2014 11:30 PM
    Hp PC w/Windows 8.1 Pro, Lumia 620, HP Laptop.....no Google for me thanks.
    05-28-2014 11:33 PM
    I understand. For me that's too complicated! Three phones! Are you counting family? Well I can't say much either in like that with certain things. Kind of an audiophile myself. Older Es series sony receiver hooked up to a superaudio player, minidisc, and vinyl player. All outputting through my allesis studio moniter ones MK2. For potable Zune 80g playing lossless wma with fiio headphone amp to ue triple fi 10's.
    All 3 phones are mine. I just send a group text to my circle letting them know which phone to text me on that day.
    i usually have all 3 with me anyways. wife also has Nokia 1520 in black. I went red.

I have Paradigm Studio 60's v5 driven by a Naim amp, linn CD player with Prima Luna pre amp. I'm pretty happy with the sound. ;)
    had Magnepan 2.7's but wife made me get rid of em, too big...
    JamesPTao and snowmutt like this.
    05-28-2014 11:42 PM
    HP non touch win 8.1 laptop, Asus t100, and 3 windows phones in the house. Never owned an apple or android device.
    05-28-2014 11:45 PM
    I'll admit two things here before I begin. 1) I'm a Microsoft fanboy. 2) I have enough common sense as a fanboy to know that the services I use aren't going to meet everyone's needs or preferences.

That being said, is anyone else here but me fully engrained in the Microsoft ecosystem and absolutely loving it?

If you're not, what or why are the reasons? I ask out of curiosity and hopefully I can get a better understanding on the community as a whole.
    Surface pro 1
    nokia 1520
    2 xbox ones
    3 xbox 360s
    big ole 8.1 desktop
    <---fan boy...
    05-28-2014 11:48 PM
    pc with windows 8.1 pro. 2 windowsphone was having xbox 360 but it is broken now so i am waiting for xboxone to arrive in india.
    Not fully Microsoft as i use google chrome as my default browser,have one spare BB device
    05-28-2014 11:48 PM
    Also have am Xbox. And Microsoft has finally taken care of my biggest gripe with it, charging Xbox live subscription to use Netflix through it (I don't play games online and don't stream music with it so have always had to pay the fee for them to basically enable the wifi antenna, what the hell).
    05-29-2014 12:10 AM
190 1234 ...