The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-20-2015 10:38 AM
190 12345 ...
tools
    I'm never going to be able to go full Microsoft because I'm a Nintendo fan myself :p

That aside, at the moment, I'm not able to be so. I have an iPad mini/iPhone 5 combo right now, which I'm going to replace with an Asus T100/Lumia 630 within the next few weeks, just in time for going back to school. I have a Win8 laptop as well.
    I'm going to live with my 3DS for gaming, for obvious reasons, and I'm going to pick up a Wii U as well.

Now, despite the fact that I recognize that Google has superior online services - aside from GMail and their office replacements, of course - I've stuck with Microsoft all the way. I guess I really am a Microsoft fan.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-29-2014 12:15 AM
    Me and my 2 runts are MS. They each got WP8's last contract (L1020 & L920). Then, I had them open up Outlook.com for their contacts. Then introduced them both to Onedrive and how to sync things. Now, their Gmails sit unused, they each have WP8 laptops, and my son made me laugh out loud they other day when I heard him tell his best friend that his iPhone was a real cute toy, but that he should put it away and let him handle the big stuff on his WP. My girl called me up in a panic- she needed a better case to protect her L1020 before something happened to "her baby" because her first case broke after she dropped it.

XBOX Music on each phone.

Me? HP Touchscreen Laptop WP8. I would never own a tablet, but I will never go back to a non-touch laptop now. L920. All MS except my old SBC Global email account which I use for the junk sites that request your email.

Much like fatclue, can't say anything about my stubborn, Android-owning-Yahoo-email-using-firefox-searching wife.....
    05-29-2014 12:22 AM
    No way, there are just too many good products out there right now. Family has five iphones, four ipads, my 920, couple of dell windows 8 laptops, couple of win7 desktops, my hackintosh\win 7 machine, and hopefully a new android phone for me soon.
    05-29-2014 12:56 AM
    I'm also a fan of Microsoft and I don't plan on using any other products. All the PC's I used, had and built all ran on Microsoft OS, from XP to Win7 and now Win8.1. I tried to explore Linux for learning purposes only. Never even thought on using Apple products, I'm simply not impressed.

Even when gaming, I go with Microsoft. I preferred playing on Xbox rather than PS2, except only to play Ar Tonelico. Even today, I still choose to play on Xbox 360 (hell yeah Halo 4) instead of Playstation 4.

And finally, when it comes to phones, Microsoft is still my pick. When I had to move to the smartphone era, Windows Phone is my only choice. I bought a Lumia 900 and now I'm using Lumia 1520. I tried using other phones but for me they can never match up to whatever Microsoft has to offer.
    Mark Eggleston likes this.
    05-29-2014 01:29 AM
    I ditched Google for Bing awhile back. No regrets. In fact, I like Bing's results and presentation a lot more.

I switched my email, calendar, and contacts from Gmail to Outlook. It syncs better with my PC and new phone.

I've got Windows 8.1 on all of my computers.

I use OneDrive for storage and remote file access.

I use Office 365 for Office on 5 PCs.

I have a Visual Studio subscription.

I just got a Lumia Icon to replace my Galaxy Nexus and it is my preciousssss.

I work for an IT dept that uses MS products.

So yeah, I guess I'm all in, and I am loving it.
    Kram Sacul and Mark Eggleston like this.
    05-29-2014 03:36 AM
    Full MSFT here. WP7 & WP8, W8, Xbox, Paying for OneDrive, Xbox Live. I'm not a satisfied customer. Only YouTube occasionally. There are still many stupid things about MSFT and there choices. Used to be a fan boy. A bit sceptic but the choices are horrible.
    05-29-2014 03:44 AM
    I am a full Microsoft, windows phone, windows 8.1 , Bing, outlook, Bing maps and here maps also daily user of OneDrive
    I ditched Google 6 months ago and it feels great, Bing is a great alternative for Google
    05-29-2014 03:50 AM
    Near full Microsoft - I own a Surface Pro 2 w/ Office 2013, Lumia 1020 and all my computers (except for a seven-year old laptop, which runs Linux) run either Windows 7 or 8.1. I actively use OneDrive across all my devices, and I use IE11 on my Pro 2 (because Chrome is a power-hog, and does not like HiDPI displays). However my main email account is still with Google (I have several email accounts feeding into it so setting it all up again would be annoying) and I still prefer Google for searching although I use Bing with Cortana.

So I guess you could say I'm 92% Microsoft?
    05-29-2014 04:10 AM
    Never go full Microsoft.
    Beat me to it.
    05-29-2014 04:29 AM
    Yup...I use MS all the way - desktop machine, Surface 2, Lumia 720, OneDrive, Outlook.com, Office 365, Windows Security Essentials (or whatever they name their built in AV program), Arc Mouse, increasingly Bing for search (as in its on IE 11 - desktop and Metro and on FF).

Aside from this, however, I do have an iPad Air (dedicated for reading work-related books and rare web browsing).
    dgr_874 and Mark Eggleston like this.
    05-29-2014 04:56 AM
    I'm never going to be able to go full Microsoft because I'm a Nintendo fan myself :p

That aside, at the moment, I'm not able to be so. I have an iPad mini/iPhone 5 combo right now, which I'm going to replace with an Asus T100/Lumia 630 within the next few weeks, just in time for going back to school. I have a Win8 laptop as well.
    I'm going to live with my 3DS for gaming, for obvious reasons, and I'm going to pick up a Wii U as well.

Now, despite the fact that I recognize that Google has superior online services - aside from GMail and their office replacements, of course - I've stuck with Microsoft all the way. I guess I really am a Microsoft fan.
    You might look at fujitsu's slate series. If they're too expensive for your budget look for one used from a reputable eBay dealer. Fujitsu are used widely on corporate lease so even their $2000 models are quite cheap used and have had only good experiences buying them that way. Since they are corporate lease and the individuals using them are liable for damages they ten to be well kept.
    Plus they are full wacom so no compatibility issues. Great devices overall, they are great at avoiding the bull**** features that sound great but don't live up to their promise and putting in really useful features and great design.
    05-29-2014 04:58 AM
    Me and my family of 4 - everyone full Microsoft. We are more Microsoft than Satya Nadella is.
    Muessig and Mark Eggleston like this.
    05-29-2014 05:07 AM
    Full MS user here as well. I have a Google account though, but only because of YouTube.
    Jorge Holguin likes this.
    05-29-2014 05:14 AM
    Windows 8.1 PC, Windows 8.1 laptop, Windows Phone. Using Office Suite and OneDrive a lot. If I had the money, I'd buy the Surface Pro 3 as well. But I can't say I only use MS services. I also use GMail, Google Drive and DropBox. And if I had to make a choice for a console, I'd go with a PS4.

Loving the products, but they are not uncounterable.
    05-29-2014 05:20 AM
    Almost full MS

Windows 8.1 Laptop, Windows Phone, Xbox 360
    I have xbox music pass as I like the integration between these devices, also occasionally use xbox movies
    documents are on onedrive and I have an Office 365 subscription
    email is through outlook

My odd one out is an Andrdod tablet, I like to keep up to date with how Android progresses
    05-29-2014 05:22 AM
    I have always loved MS :-)
    I started up with a spectrum comp. that only ran mashinecode and basic. Kept on building on it till I got a "Joyce" CPM comp. with 2 disc drives (heavy hehe)
    Then I moved on to PC with windows 3.10 and then 3.11
    Since it has moved through all versions of MS - XP, 2000, Millenium very shortly since it was crap, Vista, Win7, Win7 ult., Win8 and now Win8.1 :-)
    Have a Lumia 920 with WP8 and Black update.
    A XboX 360
    Love the way they syncronice, laptop and phone..

A do have a very cheap android tablet wich is crap too.

I've got an old PS and Nintendo WII

When using laptop or phone I always use One Drive and for Browser and search engine I use Google (Chrome) - Do NOT like Bing, sorry :-)

I am waiting with anticipation for 8.1 / Cyan update for WP :-)
    05-29-2014 05:22 AM
    me ;-) I use 2x 1020s , windows 8 laptop , xbox one , Hotmail , onedrive

I don't have an android or ios device anymore and all my services are Microsoft based , they aren't perfect but work well for my needs although I would like too see nokia music appear on xbox one as well and also the other services keep improving and working together ;-)
    05-29-2014 05:36 AM
    Microsoft just doesn't play nicely with others. I try to use a little of everything. A little MS, a little Apple, a little Linux. MS fights me a lot. At one point, I had my Lumia 820 as the DD, a Macbook Pro as the main laptop, Elementary OS on the desktop, Android tablet, and Amazon Kindle. I wish Microsoft would get its crap together and realize not everybody uses a Windows PC...
    05-29-2014 06:08 AM
    All my ecosystem is Microsoft. Never thought switch. Glad I could join my phone as well for like tree years now.
    05-29-2014 06:37 AM
    I'm a tech geek but my approach is not of fanboyism but getting the best tools for the job. As a result I own a Windows Phone, a Surface, an iPad and a Windows PC. I bought a Zune back in 2006 and also bought an iPod touch in 2007 when that came out. They were both good products; Zune was a superior music player and the iPod touch was basically a mini computer at a cost much less than the iPhone. It was an exciting time to watch the app/game paradigm unfold.

I prefer Windows Phone over other mobile OS - iPhone for example feels really clunky, including the home button, whereas Windows Phones are quick and fluid for doing what I want to do very fast. iPad is a great tablet for simple web browsing, TV watching and game playing. Surfaces are good for providing PC functionality in a very thin form factor, something iPads fail at, as well as watching video downloads.

I have limited experience with Android but after trying the Moto G, I didn't really enjoy it. I can understand the appeal to have more freedom, but I don't need that much and I find Windows Phone has a nice balance between being a robust OS like Apple but allowing 3rd party file managers, web downloading and emulators.

I use both Outlook and Google Mail as well as use both Google Drive and Dropbox for work. Both offer things that the other do not, e.g. Dropbox can be good for a small business as multiple users can get away with logging in with the same credentials; Drive is great for personal storage and its attachment saving connectivity with Google Mail.

Ultimately no single product is going to do everything I want so I'm not going to restrict myself.
    dgr_874 likes this.
    05-29-2014 07:29 AM
    Almost entirely Microsoft. Two laptops with 8.1 in them both with Office. Two Microsoft mice. Have recently shifted from Gdrive and dropbox to OneDrive. Slowly migrating from Gmail to outlook. Trying to migrate from Android to WP, if Microsoft decides to fix the OS. Always been happy with windows (except Vista). Tried Linux out of curiosity and never liked it. I am not a fan of anything. I mind functionality and productivity. Microsoft on PC works excellently for me, except in Modern UI. But that's irrelevant. I love the OS.

Forgot to say I still have an old HTC Tytn I with Windows Mobile 6.5 on it. Each time I use it I can't but be amazed at how ahead MSFT was with that small OS. Tons of apps mostly good, registry fully editable. Defrag and scandisk also on a small phone. God if it was fun that OS.
    Last edited by EC Translating Services; 05-29-2014 at 07:46 AM.
    05-29-2014 07:33 AM
    I am a fan of nearly everything - honestly I love it all or at least most of it. You really are constantly compromising...no matter what. I have an iMac I use for work - mainly recording, mixing, and mastering music. I can't even imagine going back to Windows for that - it was a nightmare.

However, we also have 4 Windows laptops, 4 Surfaces, and 3 Windows phones in our house.

Brand loyalty is great but I can't see myself really ever thinking that one company can offer everything that I need. Then again, as I said, I love it all and find what we have access to really remarkable. We literally have to find things to complain about.
    05-29-2014 07:46 AM
    my wife knows we don't allow apple products in the house :-)
    I also have switched over to all ms programs; bing, outlook, skydrive, calanders

I would say the only product I don't use that's MS is hyper-v I stick to VMware.
    05-29-2014 07:48 AM
    Tl;dr mostly, yes, MS is awesome.
    The thing that makes this possible is that MS is in so many of the key spaces that people use. They have OS, search, productivity, gaming, phone, tablet, large-scale enterprise, etc. I was thinking of making a chart comparing all these areas to the big three but MS would dominate most of the graphic I think.
    I'm very close to being 100% pure MS. Yes, I'm a fanboi at this point, mainly due to the fact that I love doing development in ms access/excel using VBA.
    I do have a gmail account and the bad thing is that its the alias for my Microsoft live account and the one tied to my original Zune pass. I also have an outlook.com address and I want to migrate everything to it, but that might get messy with app purchase history and whatnot.
    I do have a ps3 instead of an Xbox because I mainly wanted the best bluray player I could find. Ive never played a single game on the dang thing. I just use it for streaming Netflix, hulu, etc and blurays. What I really want is for Xbox to become a full-fledged cable box and tivo replacement. At that point I would stand in line for the new hardware.
    I occasionally will do a google search instead of Bing if I feel like Im not getting a good result. Usually the goog result isnt any better.
    VBA is what really drew me in to Office, and in turn, MS back in the mid 90s. Later I added some SQL server work and that just made it better. While everyone else in the world bought an ipod, I got a Zune 80GB and loved it (so did my kids). My first smartphone was a crappy Samsung Epic(x?) with a qwerty keyboard and windows mobile 6. I did NOT like it and was on the verge of going to the dark side when rumbles of WP 7 started. When they said it would (finally) work with the Zune pass I was stoked.
    05-29-2014 08:33 AM
    Im not a fanboy of any technology or system. the ONLY thing I care about is productivity, delivering the BEST customer experience and value.

With systems and business process's in place I then turn to technology to see which aligns and works best (and enhances) the business objectives. I tried all Apple solution = Mega fail
    Android = No go
    MS = Works but has its own issues

The company is all in with MS at the moment (aside from proprietary industry specific software) and there are considerable gaps and places where MS HAS to improve (they are committed and doing so BUT why taking sooo loooong) in the ares of a disjointed schizophrenic operating system and mobile platform that is separate in many ways also disjointed.

I think the team working on Windows 9 and windows phone 9 have a great opportunity to right all that's wrong...my only concern is that given the companies history of screwing things up, i don't hold my breath. For now though MS is the best of the bunch.
    05-29-2014 08:39 AM
190 12345 ...