04-20-2015 10:38 AM
190 ... 45678
tools
    I have a windows laptop, a surface, and a windows phone. However I'm swapping my 928 and going back to ios, but I'm getting an Xbox one. Plus I'm still committed to OneDrive and Bing.
    dgr_874 likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:47 AM
    Almost all MS, can't get my secretary away from Apple. I use a Icon, 1520, Surface Pro 2, Surface 2 Cellular, Lenovo Laptop, HP laptop. Wish I could teach a old dog new tricks but she just won't hear of it.
    06-11-2014 10:02 PM
    Satisfyingly so: Two Win 7 desktops (Fujitsu, HP) and a Win 7 Toshiba Porteg; Surface RT and Pro; Samsung Focus WP7 phone (on my 4th); 3 Zune players (HD32, HD64, and an 80); and, most gratifyingly, an original Zune/Xbox Music pass streaming and downloading on 6 of these devices. Also, looking for a great deal on a new or like-new black Lumia 1020.
    06-12-2014 10:20 AM
    I have used Windows Mobile (HTC Titan, HTC Vogue, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Omnia 2) and Windows Phone (HTC 8x, Nokia 928, Samsung Ativ Odyssey) phones, for years.
    Within my family, we have an Alienware m11x laptop (Windows 8.1), HP TM2000 laptop (Windows 8.1), Microsoft Surface Pro (Windows 8.1), Microsoft Surface RT (Windows RT 8.1), Dell Venue 8 Pro (Windows 8.1), Toshiba Encore (Windows 8.1), and 3 other Windows 7 computers.

I'm not a fanboy, but I like Windows stuff.
    I really like Windows Phone, because it shows me information that I want to see (without opening apps).
    That's the way I like to design websites (don't make users change pages, just to see one line of content).
    I like Windows 8 (even on my non-touch laptop), although I don't think there's much reason to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 (unless you have a touchscreen).
    Like most people, I like to advertise (not push, but let people know about) the platform.
    I know it's not for everyone, but it does do what most people need.

Unfortunately, we're still in a world where most people think you have an iPhone (no matter what it is).
    The masses need to be aware of other options.
    JJ
    06-12-2014 02:55 PM
    oh boy I am now even more full bore MS
    3 Xbox Ones, 2 Xbox 360s, Nokia 1520 and Nokia 635 for a back up, a surface pro 3, a desktop win 8.1, and MS band...yup I am the fan boy.
    03-20-2015 02:42 AM
    Everything but my iPod shuffle at this point, even all my cloud based stuff. If you would have told me I would be all MS when I was suffering under Vista, I would have not believed it. Now, to get a micro sized music player to replace my iPod so I can be done with Apple.
    03-20-2015 08:27 AM
    I own 3 Windows Phone's, plus the one I gave my Mom. I own a Lumia 2520 and a Windows 7 PC.

I do have a Wii, but I don't really consider that a Xbox competitor... If I needed a Console, I probably would get an Xbox One. I just wouldn't use it.
    03-20-2015 08:42 AM
    Laptop/Desktop Windows 8.1. Windows Phone (Lumia 635).

All services Microsoft, except browser everywhere except my phone is Comodo Dragon, and I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird for email.

Waiting on a Universal App for Outlook, and will be going all in with Windows 10. Also waiting on Spartan.
    03-20-2015 08:55 AM
    Not really, no. I try not to be too invested in a particular platform. (I own a iphone 6 plus, ipad 4, apple TV, roku 4, Windows PC desktop, xbox 360, and I use onedrive, one note, and office.) I am probably going to pick up a lumia 640 when they release in the US. seems like a good way to keep up with the platform and as a second phone. But I just cant make it my primary phone due to the app problem and app support problem. sorry :(

I always liked MS though. Was a XBOX fan since the original, but I went with PS4 this gen. Probably will pick up a XBOX ONE eventualy though. I usualy own all the current gaming systems at some point.
    spideymaniac likes this.
    03-21-2015 01:31 AM
    I've used Linux since 2008, in addition to Windows.

I currently have : 2 Windows 8.1 PCs, 1 Linux. PC, 1 Windows 8.1 tablet , 1 Windows Phone, 1 Android phone, and 1 Android tablet.

I use Microsoft services on all of my devices. Bing is my default search engine even in Firefox. I use OneDrive and Outlook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    03-21-2015 01:46 AM
    I've used Linux since 2008, in addition to Windows.

I currently have : 2 Windows 8.1 PCs, 1 Linux. PC, 1 Windows 8.1 tablet , 1 Windows Phone, 1 Android phone, and 1 Android tablet.

I use Microsoft services on all of my devices. Bing is my default search engine even in Firefox. I use OneDrive and Outlook.

I still use google. Say what you want about them, there good at search.
    03-21-2015 02:07 AM
    I use Windows & Windows phone and ...........and............that's it.
    03-21-2015 02:09 AM
    Nah, agree with post that stated don't be too invested in one platform, if you have so much needs in any platform and ecosystem, why don't you use them? As long as you can use em

I've had experience with Linux a few years ago, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch Linux (my favorite), Mandriva, god how much I miss them

My phones are 1 Lumia and 2 Blackberries

And for search engine? Of course I use Google lol
    Laura Knotek and D M C like this.
    03-21-2015 02:14 AM
    I tend to give everything a chance, but I'm with Windows all the way for desktop OS (including laptop). I also own a Windows Phone (Lumia 635). Most of my gaming is done on my PC and PSP; I don't own any big consoles 😡

I had an Android phone for a short time, and was into Google for a while too (undergrad years), but I became wary when they killed off iGoogle. When they then decided to shut down Reader, it was enough to drive me away and seek alternatives. The only services that remained were mail and calendar, and Microsoft takes care of those quite well now. I am quite happy coming back to Outlook after leaving Hotmail back in the old days. Most things have improved, especially webmail; pretty much everyone has caught up to Gmail now, so there's no reason not to revisit. Naturally, I still use YouTube (they wiped the old inboxes!), but I've also been trying to embrace Bing lately. I don't think I'll ever be solely devoted to Microsoft, but I refuse to let Google dominate so easily and completely. As for online storage, I simply use everything, as long as there's lots of it and it's for free (mostly OneDrive)!

I've also given Yahoo and AOL a shot, but neither really feels "harmonious" anymore. There was a time when Yahoo was actually my go-to search engine, and I guess I'll be coming full circle once it becomes "powered" by Bing.

Don't betray me, and I'll stay with you forever, Microsoft. Rip my heart out, and I'll go to Apple. I'll do it! I haven't worked with one seriously since the days they still had green screens, so the curiosity and incentive is there!
    Last edited by Kovaelin; 03-21-2015 at 02:34 AM.
    03-21-2015 02:24 AM
    I still use google. Say what you want about them, there good at search.
    I use Google search if Bing search doesn't work. But that's rare for me. I even use Bing search on Firefox and on Android.

03-21-2015 02:24 AM
    Nah, agree with post that stated don't be too invested in one platform, if you have so much needs in any platform and ecosystem, why don't you use them? As long as you can use em

I've had experience with Linux a few years ago, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch Linux (my favorite), Mandriva, god how much I miss them

My phones are 1 Lumia and 2 Blackberries

And for search engine? Of course I use Google lol
    My current favourite Linux distro is Mint Cinnamon. Besides the ones you mentioned I've also used openSUSE.

03-21-2015 02:26 AM
    My current favourite Linux distro is Mint Cinnamon. Besides the ones you mentioned I've also used openSUSE.

Ah yes, i forgot OpenSUSE! A really pretty distro and I'm very pleased to see it, but using it? Nahh, so i back to Ubuntu or Arch, lol

Does Mint Cinnamon a variant of LLinux Mint or something else?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-21-2015 03:51 AM
    Ah yes, i forgot OpenSUSE! A really pretty distro and I'm very pleased to see it, but using it? Nahh, so i back to Ubuntu or Arch, lol

Does Mint Cinnamon a variant of LLinux Mint or something else?
    Cinnamon is Mint desktop.
    http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
    03-21-2015 03:54 AM
    As for online storage, I simply use everything, as long as there's lots of it and it's for free (mostly OneDrive)!
    Yeah, I've noticed you can split up and get more storage by using different services. Cheating? Who cares if it is!
    OneDrive (130GB), Mega (50GB)

That's enough for now, but if I need more I'll sign up for more. I just don't trust Google with my files, though.
    03-21-2015 06:06 AM
    Yeah, I've noticed you can split up and get more storage by using different services. Cheating? Who cares if it is!

That's enough for now, but if I need more I'll sign up for more. I just don't trust Google with my files, though.
    Same here.
    I don't trust Microsoft with my files.

I prefer Mediafire.
    03-21-2015 08:09 AM
    Yes i do all Microsoft
    03-21-2015 08:15 AM
    I'd like to be, but won't be unless Windows 10 is a success on both the desktop and phones.

That said, we're equally split between Windows phone and Android in our household; all desktops and laptops are running Windows. Of the four tablets we have, three are Android.

If Windows 10 doesn't hit the spot (attract more developers/increase Windows phone market share) then I'll drop Windows phone when it's time to upgrade.
    03-21-2015 10:26 AM

Here's the thing I don't get about people distrust of Google: as a company who's entire business is contingent on data and storing it, don't you think there going to be among the best at keeping that secure? I think that's something people forget. Also, Google could not care about you or me personally, we're just binary data. And it's not even humans looking at that metadata, it's machines.
    spideymaniac and D M C like this.
    03-21-2015 08:39 PM
    I am a fully aware and developed Microsoft eco system:

OneDrive 1.3tb
    Office 365
    Xbox live 360 +one
    Desktop pc 8.1
    Laptop win 8.1
    Surface pro 2
    Microsoft Lumia 1520
    Microsoft Band
    03-22-2015 12:36 PM
    I have a Windows 8.1 Tablet, I use all of Microsoft Service's. Besides Xbox Video and Xbox Music, I use Google Play Music or Movies to buy. Why? I have a Chrome cast. However, I do use Xbox Video and Xbox Music for default Media Players and have bought a few songs from Xbox Music. I've been with Bing for the last year and don't regret it. Bing is Amazing.
    03-22-2015 01:43 PM
190 ... 45678