Anyone here full Microsoft?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nah, agree with post that stated don't be too invested in one platform, if you have so much needs in any platform and ecosystem, why don't you use them? As long as you can use em

I've had experience with Linux a few years ago, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch Linux (my favorite), Mandriva, god how much I miss them

My phones are 1 Lumia and 2 Blackberries

And for search engine? Of course I use Google lol
My current favourite Linux distro is Mint Cinnamon. Besides the ones you mentioned I've also used openSUSE.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
My current favourite Linux distro is Mint Cinnamon. Besides the ones you mentioned I've also used openSUSE.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ah yes, i forgot OpenSUSE! A really pretty distro and I'm very pleased to see it, but using it? Nahh, so i back to Ubuntu or Arch, lol

Does Mint Cinnamon a variant of LLinux Mint or something else?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
As for online storage, I simply use everything, as long as there's lots of it and it's for free (mostly OneDrive)!

Yeah, I've noticed you can split up and get more storage by using different services. Cheating? Who cares if it is!
OneDrive (130GB), Mega (50GB)

That's enough for now, but if I need more I'll sign up for more. I just don't trust Google with my files, though.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed you can split up and get more storage by using different services. Cheating? Who cares if it is!

That's enough for now, but if I need more I'll sign up for more. I just don't trust Google with my files, though.

Same here.
I don't trust Microsoft with my files.

I prefer Mediafire.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to be, but won't be unless Windows 10 is a success on both the desktop and phones.

That said, we're equally split between Windows phone and Android in our household; all desktops and laptops are running Windows. Of the four tablets we have, three are Android.

If Windows 10 doesn't hit the spot (attract more developers/increase Windows phone market share) then I'll drop Windows phone when it's time to upgrade.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Here's the thing I don't get about people distrust of Google: as a company who's entire business is contingent on data and storing it, don't you think there going to be among the best at keeping that secure? I think that's something people forget. Also, Google could not care about you or me personally, we're just binary data. And it's not even humans looking at that metadata, it's machines.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I am a fully aware and developed Microsoft eco system:

OneDrive 1.3tb
Office 365
Xbox live 360 +one
Desktop pc 8.1
Laptop win 8.1
Surface pro 2
Microsoft Lumia 1520
Microsoft Band

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Windows 8.1 Tablet, I use all of Microsoft Service's. Besides Xbox Video and Xbox Music, I use Google Play Music or Movies to buy. Why? I have a Chrome cast. However, I do use Xbox Video and Xbox Music for default Media Players and have bought a few songs from Xbox Music. I've been with Bing for the last year and don't regret it. Bing is Amazing.

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Since I sold my S3, got a 520, never looked back. Transferred my photos from GMail, Dropbox to OneDrive. Got a Windows Tablet recently and converted 2 of my relatives.

Windows Laptop.
Waiting for a decent smartwatch (Pebble support would be sufficient)
Now rocking a 830!

Only non Microsoft service I use is Vimeo/YouTube lol.
Microsoft should buy Vimeo!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am more tied to Apple than Microsoft at this point but email and one drive are things that I used daily from Microsoft.

iPhone 6 plus: I don't think there is a better phone on the market. I use iMessage, iCloud daily. I use iCloud to backup my phone and sync my contacts and calendar across devices. The app quality is light years of anything on android, and apps are actually available on iOS vs windows phone, when there are apps that are both on windows phone and iOS, two things: on windows phone the quality of the apps is lesser, and rarely updated. I quickly found the people hub of outlook.com is a cluster****, and doesn't sync correctly. Online is shows perfectly, but the issue is if you have contacts in other places (like LinkedIn, Facebook, gmail) it actually isn't in the people hub, it just shows up. Try syncing your contacts to an iPhone, it only shows outlook.com contacts even thou online is shows all contacts.

IPad Air 2: I only use as a consumption device.

Surface Pro 3: this device is my daily driver, I find that windows 8.1 or even windows 10 is the best desktop OS. Add on the latest office 365/office 13. Nothing is better for work and school. One Note is simply the best app ever for both work and school, top it off with a stylist (surface pen), nothing is better.

iMac: it's a POS, OS X is horrible. It slows down like an old windows 95-ME machine used too. Office 2011 is horrible on it.

Apple TV: I use it daily to watch Netflix, Hulu or stream Sling TV from my iPad.

I will never be 100% MS or Apple. I am emotionally loyal to MS as I find when they do execute on something, nothing is better (windows, office, and windows phone 8.1) but I wish they would stay their course. Consistent Yearly updates to their flagship devices would be welcome. It's the reason why I left windows phone.

I use mostly Apple products, but productivity is 100% Microsoft. Outside of FaceTime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much full MS. I never really thought about it until now. Xbox One, Nokia 1020, Windows 8.1, etc... I do use Linux Mint on a few older laptops I have that the kids surf around on, but that's really it. I have no Google or Apple products, which was not the case three years ago with a IPhone and IPad. I tried Android (Nexus 7) and returned it. I can't get into Android. In my book the two best companies on the OS side is easily Apple and MS, which is a surprise to nobody.

UKSteve

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I would say I am totally Microsoft, just, a Dell desktop running Win 7 Pro, a Dell Desktop running XP (disconnected from the internet I may hasten to add and used for trying out stuff) a Toshiba laptop running Win 7 Pro but I have discs to upgrade (?) to Win 8 Pro if I want, a Hipstreet 7inch tablet running Win 8.1, a Windows phone, 535, running 8.1 but where I digress is my choice of tablet. It's a Samsung Tab 2, 10.1 and the reason for that is simple, I did not like the Surface RT even though there was a good deal in place, minus the keyboard, at the time. I tried one and didn't like the version of Windows one bit so Samsung Tab it was. Even now I find the Surface 3 Pro prices extortionate and so no Surface for me but one unifying piece of software I can use on all my devices is One Note. I think this Microsoft product is one of the most underestimated pieces of software they have produced, I used a trial version many years back and was hooked, Evernote is close but One Note nails it.

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I may be later in the year if they will put out a flagship phone when windows 10 comes out. My work computer is a Surface Pro 3 with the dock that has two additional monitors hooked to it. Great device. I use outlook email and one drive, office 365. Right now only thing missing is the phone. Hoping windows 10 will be all everyone is hoping it will. Regardless I plan to try it. My Passport does an excellent job with the MS services as well.

Posted via the Windows Central App on my BlackBerry Passport

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I just added a Microsoft Band to my collection today. So that makes,

1 Custom built PC
1 Original Surface Pro
5 Xbox 360's for Windows Media Center TV and gaming
1 Lumia 920 and 1520
Subscription to office 365
and now the band

Next payday I will be adding a small tablet for my son so I can use the Microsoft Family Safety with it.

It's such an exciting time to be a Microsoft Fan.

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. let's see: Windows 8.1.1 Pro on Lenovo laptop, running Office 365 Home. Self-employed work email is Exchange Online; home email is Outlook.com. Using OneDrive for all documents/music/pictures/videos. Phone is Lumia 928 running Denim. Netbook is Windows 7 running Office 2007 Standard.

All in!

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
2 Windows clustered servers
1 8.1 desktop
2 windows phones
2 win 10TP tablets and a VM
1 Win8.1 Enterprise workstation laptop
2 Win8.1 Pro laptops
1 Ubuntu laptop (retired)
1 Sony zv3 Android

Daughter wants to retire the z3v when Windows 'matures' and has the apps she needs, e.g. Snapshot, etc. She's quite interested in my next Windows flagship phone with Win10. And better yet, she's interested in my MS Visual Studio... MSDN to the rescue

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep. SP3, 1520 and even bought my wife a Yoga 2 Tablet after selling her 2520. Just got to get her Android phone out of the house now😊

OneDrive all docs, XBox music subscription, Office 365, and Outlook for email.

Sent from my Lumia 1520

Luuthian

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I used to be back in late 2010-early 2011. Had a Samsung Focus (my first smartphone), Xbox 360, and a gaming PC.

Currently I have an iPhone 6, iPad, I've upgraded the same gaming PC (and I'm running Windows 10 preview), and I've ditched consoles altogether. My girlfriend and I share a Macbook Air often as well.

I'd be willing to go back to a WP, but not until they do some massive closing of the app gap (especially when it comes to gaming, banking, and Google). I'll probably always use a Windows PC though. Nothing does gaming better than Steam IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte