Anyone here full Microsoft?

bcr8tiv

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
My partner and I are almost all Microsoft. We are both using Windows 8.1 on our desktop AIO's and our notebooks. We have made the switch from Android to WP8.1 with both of us using Nokias (I'm a 1520 and she is 920). The only thing we still aren't on MS is for tablets as we have been hunting for a 12-13" tablet that has a keyboard and sufficient memory to do Office seamlessly (we are on Office365 Small Business Premium...and LOVING it). 10.1" screens are just too small for detailed and lengthy Office working sessions. This problem will be fixed within 30 days however as I've pre-ordered 2 new Surface Pro 3's (i5, 256GB, 8 gb RAM) with the new typecovers. As soon as I receive and set them up, we will be 100% MS.

The key for us isn't games, movies or music (although we enjoy all 3), its being able to work with full MS Office 365 across all devices in an 8.1 format. Having been in Android for years, I never found any software at any price that had a totally seamless functionality across phone and tablet hardware (and I bought several...only to be disappointed in every one). With the new Surface Pro 3 on the way...our world just became lighter, more complete, efficient and effective.

df608

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm all MS. I'm slowly getting my girlfriend to join the me. Honestly I was almost already to go android, then 8.1 came out so I'm locked backed in. My only problem is the lack of chrome however, I'm getting over it.

My gf has the iPhone but, she will be going with the 1020 once her contract is up. I will pass on my surface 2 to her once I can get my hands on the pro 3 with a red type cover.

I have the surface 2, Lumina 920, win 7 with dual monitor on a desktop

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I would have to say, I am pretty much FULL Microsoft. I have been using WIndows from version 3.0, I have a 8.1 tablet, a few desktops with 7/8.1 on them, I have had the Xbox from the first Xbox all the way to the Xbox One. I have used Windows Mobile devices from when they were PocketPC 1.0 all the way up (about 8-10 devices over the years) to the Nokia ICON. I have a Home Theater PC that is based on WIndows Media Center with cablecard tuners and have been using that from the first release of XP Media Center(over 2-3 PCs for that use, Home DVR and Media content). All this content is used with One drive and other things that MS offers.

I use Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse at home and work (I had to buy them for work, as they were not supplied), never mind all the gaming extras that I have with the Microsoft brand on them.

I am a MCSE and certified in Windows Media Center as a home intergrator. I work with Microsoft products every day at work and on the road. I even have my own Exchange server for testing and for personal email.

So, yea, I am full Microsoft, Only flaw with this plan is my Wife has a iPhone and the only reason why she does not have a WP device (I tried a few times), is because of the lack of quality apps with the Windows Phone store. Never mind the apps that are just not available for WP.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
At home I've got an Xbox360, 2 Windows 7 laptops, 1 XP laptop and 2 XP desktops and I use a Lumia 920. Wife has a Galaxy S3 and we have a Galaxy Tab2 that the daughter uses.
Work is pretty much Windows 7 desktops with our servers running 2008 and 2012.
We have a couple of Mac suites that we're phasing out. Hopefully they're gone by September!!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Xbox 360
Xbox Live Gold
HP Split X2 W8.1 Update 1
Droid RAZR M and Moto X (broken)

I could never do all in with one ecosystem. What if I don't like their policies later on? Or what if their services are down? Too many what ifs. But I will say I use Microsoft services OneNote and OneDrive for backups to my Google Services. But I prefer hard copies of everything that is on a 16GB micro SD card, and 2 USB sticks.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have transitioned from owning nothing but Windows products to owning none. Which makes me quite sad considering I hold them in such high esteem.

Windows Phone was my first smartphone, hooked me with OneNote Office and OneDrive, XBL and Music. Awesome stuff.

Prompted me to buy a Microsoft Surface RT. By far THE BEST tablet I have ever owned. (Slayed the GalaxyTab 2) It was 99% laptop and rocked.

Then I ended up selling my surface when I moved out for college. I have no wifi in my apartment, and the tablet became useless without it. It was instead replaced with an LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 Edition.
Function wise it was a huge step backward for me. If only carriers in Australia sold the LTE surface!

When my trusty windows phone stopped working, I was again thwarted. No carriers in Australia sell the 1520, my dream phone.
I was offered six months free usage on an iPhone, so I signed up for that instead. If it had not been for that discount I would not own one today. Iphone is massively disappointing compared to windows phone.

I am a student on a tight budget so, I'm making do. Thankfully microsoft's services work excellently on other devices. So my Android Tablet and IPhone are both using all Microsoft apps and services.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I was a extreme DOS user back in the mid 80's and have been an avid fan of Microsoft ever since they introduced Office in 1989 and the profound idea of apps that all have the same menu layout and use the same keyboard shortcuts (does anyone else remember keyboard templates that helped you remember Lotus 1-2-3, WordPerfect, and DBase keys?). While it hasn't always gone smoothly, Microsoft has always gone to extreme efforts to play well with others. Gotta love a company that said "here's how you build hardware to work with our software" instead of "if you want our software, you have to buy our hardware. Oh, and you'll have to buy our accessories, too."

Currently, we have three Windows 8.1 PCs (2 laptops and one desktop) + 2 Windows Phones (both Lumia 920s). I'm anticipating a big bonus before August, so there's a Surface Pro 3 in my future and possibly a Surface 2 for my daughter. I'd love to get an Xbox, but she's wanting the games on the PS4. :p

randymadden

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You can include me in that group. 5 Windows PCs, a Windows 8 home server, 2 windows tablets (8" and 10"), 3 out of 4 family members on Windows phones (2 Lumia 1520s and a Lumia 920) - 1 weird kid who insists on an iPhone (not sure he's mine :). I've owned multiple copies of every MS operating system since Windows 3.0 (yes, that includes Windows ME). Microsoft through and through, and a walking evangelist of Windows phones and tablets (much to the annoyance of co-workers - but I have converted a couple). Just as loyal on the hardware side: since 1985 nothing but Intel processors and ATI/AMD video cards.

The one exception is gaming consoles. As much as I'd like to own XBoxes, we have 3 PS3s because they don't require a monthly payment. MS - get rid of that and I'll gladly convert.

Why? I like things that work. And I like things that leave the control over them in my hands.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Come the 2nd week of June you won't need the subscription to use services like Netflix and Youtube and other non-game features on the 360 (don't know about the One mind).

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You can include me in that group. 5 Windows PCs, a Windows 8 home server, 2 windows tablets (8" and 10"), 3 out of 4 family members on Windows phones (2 Lumia 1520s and a Lumia 920) - 1 weird kid who insists on an iPhone (not sure he's mine :). I've owned multiple copies of every MS operating system since Windows 3.0 (yes, that includes Windows ME). Microsoft through and through, and a walking evangelist of Windows phones and tablets (much to the annoyance of co-workers - but I have converted a couple). Just as loyal on the hardware side: since 1985 nothing but Intel processors and ATI/AMD video cards.

The one exception is gaming consoles. As much as I'd like to own XBoxes, we have 3 PS3s because they don't require a monthly payment. MS - get rid of that and I'll gladly convert.

Why? I like things that work. And I like things that leave the control over them in my hands.

Xbox Live requirement for Netflix, etc. is being dropped shortly. I believe June is the month. This applies to 360 and One owners.

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-live-gold-refunds-will-be-available-canceled-accounts-june

robitaille93

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I was all MS until recently. WP, W8 (hybrid laptop and a Surface), Xbox 360/One, and Xbox Music/Video collections. This month I picked up a 10 inch Android tablet to play games on, and it's pretty nice. Not as good a build as a Surface, but it's decent enough.

My WP however broke a week or so ago and now I'm not sure what to do. I kind of want to stick with WP but none of the current or upcoming hardware is appealing. I might honestly go back to Blackberry (with a Z30). I was a huge fan of BB phones, and I'm kind of curious to see how it is now. The only thing I'd really miss would be Xbox Music. I use the service near religiously. The latest 8.1 Xbox Music app is a hot mess, but I still like the service as a whole.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I was all MS until recently. WP, W8 (hybrid laptop and a Surface), Xbox 360/One, and Xbox Music/Video collections. This month I picked up a 10 inch Android tablet to play games on, and it's pretty nice. Not as good a build as a Surface, but it's decent enough.

My WP however broke a week or so ago and now I'm not sure what to do. I kind of want to stick with WP but none of the current or upcoming hardware is appealing. I might honestly go back to Blackberry (with a Z30). I was a huge fan of BB phones, and I'm kind of curious to see how it is now. The only thing I'd really miss would be Xbox Music. I use the service near religiously. The latest 8.1 Xbox Music app is a hot mess, but I still like the service as a whole.

You could do much worse than the Z30. It's the best smartphone that nobody knows about, and by far the best one I've ever owned. It has its quirks (as all smartphones do), but the benefits far outweigh any drawbacks for me. And now that you can install Android APK files with a couple taps, the native app gap isn't quite as dreadful.

That said, I'm actually thinking about switching to Windows Phone when the time comes! There's greater potential for growth and native app development on WP, and the Nokia hardware is fantastic. I just need Verizon to sell a 6" Nokia...

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I am, only non-microsoft service for me is really is YouTube as it has no real alternative.

Lumia 920, Win 8.1 PC, Surface RT, Xbox One, Outlook.com as primary email, bing default search engine, OneDrive as cloud, OneNote for notetaking etc... :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Well no I'm not. I have a PC with Windows 8.1 and a Lumia 820 with WP 8.1 but I still have Android tablet. Don't use it very much but it is nice to have something with Android to use apps which are missing on Windows ( Phone). In 2 years tablet will also probably be replaced with something running Windows OS when I will go to College, hopefully something like Surface Pro. Oh and I don't have a gaming console, well I have , a PS2 but it has been collecting dust for about 2 or 3 years now. Don't have time to play games ;) .

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Well no I'm not. I have a PC with Windows 8.1 and a Lumia 820 with WP 8.1 but I still have Android tablet. Don't use it very much but it is nice to have something with Android to use apps which are missing on Windows ( Phone). In 2 years tablet will also probably be replaced with something running Windows OS when I will go to College, hopefully something like Surface Pro. Oh and I don't have a gaming console, well I have , a PS2 but it has been collecting dust for about 2 or 3 years now. Don't have time to play games ;) .

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

PS2 is still a perfectly good DVD player :)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yup MS all the way :)
It all started when I got the Lumia 800, now a 920, I also have an xbox 360 and a W8.1 desktop. (I'm sure the One is a nice product but I have absolutely no reason to get it when I already have a beast desktop with the almighty Steam)
(btw I hate the whole pc master race stereotype, hell I grew up with Nintendo and I still play Smash Bros Brawl on my Wii! I'm getting the Wii U when SSB4 is released :))

Mark Eggleston

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Nokia 1520 Phone with Cortana.
Nokia 2520 RT tablet with Netflix.
Win 8.1.1 i7 at home for legacy apps.
All 3 sync files, favorites, Onenotes and wallpaper in Onedrive.

I'm a network admin of a PURE MICROSOFT NETWORK (except that we allow BYOD for email)
200 Win 8.1 Dell i5's (75% are touchscreen) 10 Win7
Sales team is 30 Nokia 1520 with 30 Nokia 2520 RT tablets on modern interface CRM. WP8.1 Viper app unlocks/starts company cars, and we can track them on a map.
60 Duracell Powermats with Incipio power cases. Thank you WPCentral!
Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 File Server with Azure.
IIS web server virtualized with Hyper-V
Exchange 2010 email server
Virtual SQL Server
Microsoft Routers, VPN, Firewalls, Antivirus, Skype, Lync, Remote access.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ERP.
Office 2013 with heavy use of Onenote documentation.
VEEAM backups, with DATTO replication in the cloud.
Mouse without borders shares mouse and MS Ergo keyboard with RT tablet.

I'd allow an Apple desktop (or 5), if my marketing/graphics dept asked me, but they haven't asked. Gotta respect Apple!
No Open source, OpenSSL or Linux used by the company (that I know of)
All PC's are locked down with group policy, and Java is only allowed/needed on 2 PC's.
No Realplayer, iTunes, Flash, Chrome, Firefox, or toolbars needed.
Google redirects to Bing as part of group policy (and DNS poisioning) , you cannot get around it. (even on WIFI) Cellular jammers block BYOD devices and phones from anything but our WIFI. (Yes, its legal here)

One $195 support call, and MS will diagnose and solve a problem that goes from the RT tablet to the SQL server, and all the components in between, since it is ALL MICROSOFT. No finger pointing, No incompatible stuff! The technician has access to ALL Microsoft depts, and will involve as many other specialty techs as he has to.
wp.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss