There's been a lot of threads started on here lately asking people to explain or justify why they have a WP.

I actually don't care about that, I'm more curious, how do you use your WP?

Do you use it as just a phone? To make phone calls and send out texts?

Is it your media player as well. Do you have all your songs on there? Take it to the gym and listen to music? Your main media player in your vehicle?

Do you use it for work? Do you use it at school for those still in school?

Do you use the cameras of the Lumias to make movies or videos?

I could list a lot more but I'm curious how do you use your WP?

For me, it's not just my phone, it's also my media player everywhere I go, and has been vital for me at school. Especially with documents I can have saved to my phone and need to transfer if needed.
    To go along with that, it's become my daily planner. With the Calendar App, OneNote, and Cortana giving me reminders (Integrated to my W8 laptop) when I leave certain places or certain people contacting me. This WP has become a very useful tool for me.
    05-29-2014 07:47 PM
    yes to all
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-29-2014 07:48 PM
    I use:
    Microsoft level\inclinometer and the jack of all tools level and compass all the time for my building projects.
    I use the bubble level to get the fifth wheel trailer level (works like a charm.)
    Office lens for all my store receipts, written checks and I scanned everything in my wallet for record keeping.
    Flashlight at night when walking the dogs.
    I use the camera to take pictures of items and prices in stores.
    We use offline maps a lot also...very handy.

Other camera uses are:
    Taking pics of how things are assembled or wired to jog my old brain.
    Videoing suspicious people and cars I happen to notice in the neighborhood.
    Shooting pics of graffiti and vandalism for the watch group.

If I can find the right dash-mount I'll use my phone for a dash-cam too.

My phone is mostly a tool to keep us safe.
    05-29-2014 08:08 PM
    I use my Windows Phone to do what I would have used other devices for in the past.

It does what I would use a PC for when I'm on the go: browser, Netflix player, music player, email client, Office client (the only thing I don't do on my Windows Phone is gaming, since mobile gaming is no match for PC gaming yet).

It also serves as my GPS device and replaces my camera.

It is a great chat client too, since I have WhatsApp and Skype.

It replaces my alarm clock.

It is my organizer, since I use the calendar, tasks and OneNote.

It replaces my Starbucks card. (Starbux app FTW!).

It is my ebook reader.

It is my calculator.

It is my photo print ordering tool (I order my prints via the Walgreens app)

Lastly, it's a phone--yes, the phone is the feature I use least.
    05-30-2014 01:01 AM
    So here's how I use mine Lumia ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Firstly communication: calling and texting, Skype, fb messenger, 6snap and email.
    Then is web browsing, checking on news, some 9gag or so.
    I also use music playback, but mainly fm radio, and then Nokia music and MetroTube since it can play YouTube with screen locked.
    Taking pictures is one thing that I'm doing less now, coz I have lots of work to do at the time. I was never really into recording videos, (but did it few times and ois is great).
    Instead of taking pictures I spend more time with Adobe Reader and Office. I store and share my work files on Dropbox (OneDrive would be better, but other people want to use DB) and ftp (would really appreciate some ftp clients recommendations since Oxito have some problems with ftp for me).
    When in bus I like to play some 2048 (my best score is over 67k and 4096 tile s for now ๐Ÿ˜).
    Oh and I allows forgot to mention how much I'm using calendar since I bought Chronos in store I guess this is one of my most used apps. And it's also displayed on lock screen. And glance which is uber useful.

It's quite long post so tl;dr: I use it for almost everything except video recording.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2014 01:35 AM
    So here's how I use mine Lumia ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Firstly communication: calling and texting, Skype, fb messenger, 6snap and email.
    Then is web browsing, checking on news, some 9gag or so.
    I also use music playback, but mainly fm radio, and then Nokia music and MetroTube since it can play YouTube with screen locked.

Taking pictures is one thing that I'm doing less now, coz I have lots of work to do at the time. I was never really into recording videos, (but did it few times and ois is great).

Instead of taking pictures I spend more time with Adobe Reader and Office. I store and share my work files on Dropbox (OneDrive would be better, but other people want to use DB) and ftp (would really appreciate some ftp clients recommendations since Oxito have some problems with ftp for me).

When in bus I like to play some 2048 (my best score is over 67k and 4096 tile s for now ๐Ÿ˜).

Oh and I allows forgot to mention how much I'm using calendar since I bought Chronos in store I guess this is one of my most used apps. And it's also displayed on lock screen. And glance which is uber useful.

It's quite long post so tl;dr: I use it for almost everything except video recording.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

I've never been into video either. I prefer still photography.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-30-2014 02:05 AM
    I use WP for call,text,gaming,surfing,music and all the daily use..
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-31-2014 12:03 AM
    I use my WP as a communication device/social media, source for news updates, camera, media player (mainly music) and maps.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-31-2014 03:52 AM