Google ads (AdChoice) on my phone

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
AdChoices ads? I hated those on my Android phones, and those added to the list of reasons why I wanted to move off the android platform. sometimes there are several on one page or website that I may visit. I thought that on a different platform that the ads would be less or limited to "google sites". I'm not using Google for search I'm using Bing. I'm also using the internet explorer app only, and still I'm being over ran with these ads. Even with the larger screen these ads are taking up more screen real state then the info I'm trying to read. I have opt'd out months ago well before switching to WP8. When I go to the adChoice settings page it still shows me as being opt'd out for Google ads across the web and also ads on Google. So I have nothing to change. Even though, I'm still overwhelmed with these adChoice ads. Just before writing this I was trying to read information on a non-Google website but the page is filled with these ads. Not just that but when I try to scroll, it keeps jumping back to the top of the page to where the only info on display is 2 giant ads. One is just a small banner ads, but the other is almost a full screen Verizon ad, both with the adChoice icon in one of the corners. I can hold the page in place with my thumb, but as soon as I release to reposition it jumps back to the top.
Is there anyway to get rid of these? Or just lessen them.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05