Hello guys! I bought my Surface RT about six months ago. Since then I've been very happy with it. It's a fabulous device! Since I've had it, I've always used Snipping Tool and saved Snips to OneDrive, but something that I can't help but ask is: What's the difference between Snipping Tool and Send to OneNote Screen Clipping? Is it just the save location? (One goes to Snips in OneDrive, the other to a OneNote notebook which is also stored on OneDrive, but under the "Documents" section)

However, whenever I wish to share a Snip, I've found that OneDrive is a little slow for a quick Snip and text. I am under the impression that OneNote syncs in live time, and would remedy this. Is that true? And, is there any easy way to quickly transfer my Snips into OneNote? Thanks for everything!
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-12-2014 09:11 PM
    Never used one note screen clipping. But I use print screen on keyboard or snipping tool. These 2 are fastest way. Umm actually snipping tool is lot better since you can adjust the area you want to capture. Later I copy paste the image in one drive folder and then it's available across all my devices.
    Guytronic and Jack Janik like this.
    06-13-2014 01:33 AM
    I've been using OneNote Screen Clipping forever. It depends on how you configure it. Mine is configured to autotmatically save the screen capture to the clipboard, from where I can paste it wherever I need it. That's my prefered way to use it, since I barely ever need to have screenshots as a file later on. What's nice about it as well is that you don't have to launch it first (unlike the Snipping Tool). A simple shortcut does the trick.
    06-13-2014 01:41 AM
    ..What's nice about it as well is that you don't have to launch it first (unlike the Snipping Tool). A simple shortcut does the trick.
    May I ask what that shortcut is? :D
    06-13-2014 05:00 PM
    May I ask what that shortcut is? :D

Default is WinKey + S. In Windows 8 this won't work, so you have to change it to something else.
    Jack Janik likes this.
    06-13-2014 06:44 PM