Cortana onto iOS and Android....wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
MSFT: No Plans To Monetize Cortana Yet, But We Do Want Her To Be Pervasive
i have read that cortana may also land on ios and android...............what is the speciality of windows if ios and android has similar feature and moreover they never gave us siri or Google now and how can a google user or ios user will come to windows platform if ms keeps on providing the wp apps on their platform

ms should definitely stop this.......for sake of wp phones

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft obviously doesn't have its heart in WP, why not just scrap it like some of them obviously want to do and put us out of the constant misery of being treated as less than dirt?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I can see how iPhone users might use Cortana, but what's the point for an Android user? Cortana is more functional than Siri, but it's roughly similar to Google Now.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
And i bet it will work much better on those 2 platforms. Typical MS they will spend a **** load of time to make it perfect for them.

Jesus Microsoft make Cortana work the way she should for your loyal WP users before giving it to the people who dont support Windows phone!!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I can see how iPhone users might use Cortana, but what's the point for an Android user? Cortana is more functional than Siri, but it's roughly similar to Google Now.

I'm sorry but google now is better then Cortana. Flashed the latest 4.4.3 AOSP rom on my G2 and within one day knew where I lived (exactly the address not "some street in Gainesville") and where I worked without me telling it. Accurately gave me weather for both locations and traffic. Cortana after 2months still has no clue where I work, cant get the weather right and cant even give me the street name I live on!!
Oh **** that's right Microsoft is busy giving the rest of the world and its competition this halfassed personal assistant instead of making sure she works as intended for the market it was intended for in its first years launch.

I love my 1520 and WP os but damn sorry whoever is making the calls at Microsoft when it comes to WP is clueless.

Oh damn I forgot its BETA!!!!!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
And for those who continually say Cortana will be some kind of Trojan horse to lure ios and android users, what do you think they'll say when the see stuff like this?

a9e8uty8.png

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Lets all lose our minds over a rumour that's almost certainly false.

And if its true, which it most certainly won't be at least for a year or three, so what, ms are playing the long game. Nothing to lose it over.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No way ms want to make cortana assistant of every smartphone.they want to test cortana this way.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
"the possibility of integrating ads into Cortana?s interface", arre you f***ing kidding me?!! -.- I HATE ads!! MS will simply suck if they do that! And providing Cortana to ios and android users is definitely not acceptable!!

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm so leaving Windows Phone if that happens. Nothing's going to be special about WP anymore, and how the f*** are they gonna attract customers if they provide Cortana for every damn platform???? Microsoft is destroying itself...

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry but google now is better then Cortana. Flashed the latest 4.4.3 AOSP rom on my G2 and within one day knew where I lived (exactly the address not "some street in Gainesville") and where I worked without me telling it. Accurately gave me weather for both locations and traffic. Cortana after 2months still has no clue where I work, cant get the weather right and cant even give me the street name I live on!!
Oh **** that's right Microsoft is busy giving the rest of the world and its competition this halfassed personal assistant instead of making sure she works as intended for the market it was intended for in its first years launch.

I love my 1520 and WP os but damn sorry whoever is making the calls at Microsoft when it comes to WP is clueless.

Oh damn I forgot its BETA!!!!!

Wow...Google knows where you work without telling it,and you think that is a good thing? How friggin naive can you be,or stupid...............

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Cortana us software and Microsoft is first and foremost a software company.

They don't care what we think,and don't care if you stay on WP or not..

Microsoft has been going down since the format war that they lost.
They backed the wrong horse in that race and lost millions upon millions and really never got over it,same for hdmi...

Their phone division has been dying for a long time,and their Xbox division is in the same shape,merging the 2 is a last stop gap measure to revitalize both but it has done nothing for either. Both are failing,regardless of how good both really are.

It's inevitable that Microsoft will sell off what software is the best to the other platforms,it can get it's primary product into more hands and make money,plain and simple

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow...Google knows where you work without telling it,and you think that is a good thing? How friggin naive can you be,or stupid...............

Is that so hard to figure out though?
"This user is at place x from 9 to 5 Mon-Fri, this must be his work place."

And hell, Google Now is opt-in, if this scares you so much, don't use it.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

How stupid are you sport to think you whereabouts every day aren't tracked regardless if you use Cortana or Google.

Learn to read and compression tard, my point is Google can figure out and tell me my address or at least the street name unlike Cortana who gives me so generic **** "some street Gainesville" I can ask her for my location and most of the time I get the same respons "some street" unlike google that will tell me exactly where im at.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Cortana us software and Microsoft is first and foremost a software company.

They don't care what we think,and don't care if you stay on WP or not..

Microsoft has been going down since the format war that they lost.
They backed the wrong horse in that race and lost millions upon millions and really never got over it,same for hdmi...

Their phone division has been dying for a long time,and their Xbox division is in the same shape,merging the 2 is a last stop gap measure to revitalize both but it has done nothing for either. Both are failing,regardless of how good both really are.

It's inevitable that Microsoft will sell off what software is the best to the other platforms,it can get it's primary product into more hands and make money,plain and simple

Well said. Hell look how long it took them to make the Xbox music tile transparent, 2 months and 3 updates.

Wtf Microsoft your getting your *** handed to you by Android and apple and now your really thinking about pulling this ****? Guess you like being on the bottom like a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6