Cortana going to IOS and Android is heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matheus Cosendey

May 27, 2014
Visit site
First, I want to apologize for my poor English 😝.

I know that they are only weighting the possibilities but that only already makes me sad.
It's like they are trying to capitalize as much as they can and then leave ship.

Don't come at me saying that they are making this to provide a better service.
See how it worked for Skype? The IOS and android version are lighting years ahead of OUR OS. I mean, that doesn't even make sense.

It's not JUST because of Cortana. It's everything combined. Office app to others platforms when they don't even move a finger to us. Crappy Skype app while in other platforms it works great. Not to mention the whole app gap.

Seriously,don't get me wrong. The only reason that I'm writing this is because I fell in love with windows phone.

I was saving money to buy a Lumia 930 but now I am the one weighting the options.

It's kinda heart breaking really.
It's sort of that my brain is saying to switch to other OS but I really don't want to.

Anyone feeling the same?
And anyone can convince me to stick with WP please? 😵

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone feeling the same?

Cortana being multiplatform is heartbreaking but in any scenario WP stays the same unique OS as it is. If you like WP, its metro design, its speed and efficiency, then why should you care about Cortana being in Android or in an iPhone?

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Dude, I'm really sorry to say this, but there is no need to convince anyone or you for this matter.

It's just a device, not even an essential one. It was bound to happen that the product had to move beyond the confines of pesky restraints.

Buy whatever you need to, you are going to use your phone.

Nobody is going to judge you.

Matheus Cosendey

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Cortana being multiplatform is heartbreaking but in any scenario WP stays the same unique OS as it is. If you like WP, its metro design, its speed and efficiency, then why should you care about Cortana being in Android or in an iPhone?

As I said it's not only about Cortana.It's about Office,Skype and others Microsoft apps.
I understand the need to bring their apps to the mainstream but I expect the same quality service,if not better, than another using other OS.

Why would I receive worse services from the company that I am supporting?
It's unfair don't you think?

I think it's time to Microsoft go big or go home. The future of computers is on the mobile devices. Surface Pro alone won't do the trick.

Microsoft still have a huge name, but they underestimated the power of mobile devices for too long and IMO is still underestimating it.

Oddly Lumia is selling better than Iphone in Brazil. And i swear that I never saw any kind of advertising from Microsoft or Nokia.
I think its time to go full throttle from here. Make it rain advertising.Lower the prices of its devices even if it make them losing money for a while.
Hitting mainstream now before its too late to catch up later.

We already have a smooth and beautiful OS. But with this market share there will be always the app gap.

App gap means less users. Less users mean app gap. That's a pretty hard situation here.

All in or nothing?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft's wife plays better with other guys than at home.. The history repeats...
Time to move back to Android..

Matheus Cosendey

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Dude, I'm really sorry to say this, but there is no need to convince anyone or you for this matter.

It's just a device, not even an essential one. It was bound to happen that the product had to move beyond the confines of pesky restraints.

Buy whatever you need to, you are going to use your phone.

Nobody is going to judge you.

I think that I've made it pretty clear that English isn't my first language and yet you use words such "confines of pesky restraints".

What next? Break my skull with a hammer? Lol 😁

sagar_25

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Its sad that they want to give Cortana to other OS's, I think they got a big plan behind this! Cortana is powered by Bing when Android ppl start using Cortana automatically google dominance in search engine reduces. All the data collected by Cortana will be saved in Bing and will be available when open Bing from anywhere.. Its a nice move by Microsoft! I myself don't like this to happen,but its time to kill the dominant in player so everyone plays fair.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
This is not right, have you seen any decent YouTube app from google or is google showing any love towards WP, have you even seen an extension of google now to IOS talk more WP, do you hear google considering such nonsense of extending its google now other platforms, that said how about IOS do you see iTunes on other platforms like Android or even WP or even Siri , no you won't see such or even hear of such, I don't know why MS values other is then there's, look at our Skype, compere with the ones on other platforms, ms had to lunch a better office to IOS before there own platform, men I don't know what they are thinking, seriously someone should talk to ms

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
iOS and Android users will just ignore Cortana like they ignored Here Maps because they have a system already built in so they might as well use it. Google Now is on iOS and people still use Siri. Microsoft will accomplish nothing except pissing off Windows users.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Well guys unfortunately, I have bashed @joebelfiore alot regarding ALL the issues related to this topic and the others e.g Xbox games etc. I mean seriously, what's the point of having a windows phone when all of its features are going to iOS and Android?? We god dammit don't even have a proper YouTube app nor infinity blade series(which I don't give a damn) and there thinking about giving about CORTANA. Sure I'll be honest, we can argue all we want but I was rather disappointed when I saw Daniel's reply which was in support of Microsoft's decision. But then again, nothing can be done.
Seeing games no longer getting Xbox support, what's the point of playing them in windows phone when they are better in iOS and doesn't have Xbox support. Office is there too so no need for in WINDOWS PHONE. Skype just got a huge update as we all know on IOS.
Next, we are going to see application made by MICROSOFT called "metro UI" for iOS and Android for getting LIVE TILES on your idevice and droids.
Seriously, I am done with this lack of support, continuous failure. I can't stand this no more. Sure I can live with lack of apps,games etc but WITH FEATURES??? This is a shot on your own foot.
My final decision, if anything,I REPEAT ANYTHING, IS GOING TO IOS AND ANDROID FROM WINDOWSPHONE....UNFORTUNATELY, DISAPPOINTEDLY, I HAVE TO SAY THIS BUT,
McLaren can kiss 💋 my *** and iPhone 6 is next thing! 😞

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
First, I want to apologize for my poor English 😝.

I know that they are only weighting the possibilities but that only already makes me sad.
It's like they are trying to capitalize as much as they can and then leave ship.

Don't come at me saying that they are making this to provide a better service.
See how it worked for Skype? The IOS and android version are lighting years ahead of OUR OS. I mean, that doesn't even make sense.

It's not JUST because of Cortana. It's everything combined. Office app to others platforms when they don't even move a finger to us. Crappy Skype app while in other platforms it works great. Not to mention the whole app gap.

Seriously,don't get me wrong. The only reason that I'm writing this is because I fell in love with windows phone.

I was saving money to buy a Lumia 930 but now I am the one weighting the options.

It's kinda heart breaking really.
It's sort of that my brain is saying to switch to other OS but I really don't want to.

Anyone feeling the same?

I really don't know what to say but unfortunately, this is true. I have bashed at joebelfiore account and believe me the way I am feeling right is like to go Microsoft and throw their phone at them.
Your example of Skype is also given in my bashing of twitter. Sure one can argue that they are software company but that does not mean you are giving FEATURES of windowsphone to other platforms.
Take an example of xbox gaming on Windows phone. Saw any improvement? No. Developers like Gameloft.Rovio etc are publishing games without it while EA stopped bringing games. Only company is left is Ubisoft which I dont know when it will last. Considering Assasins creed pirate was coming no sign of it.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I really don't know what to say but unfortunately, this is true. I have bashed at joebelfiore account and believe me the way I am feeling right is like to go Microsoft and throw their phone at them.
Your example of Skype is also given in my bashing of twitter. Sure one can argue that they are software company but that does not mean you are giving FEATURES of windowsphone to other platforms.
Take an example of xbox gaming on Windows phone. Saw any improvement? No. Developers like Gameloft.Rovio etc are publishing games without it while EA stopped bringing games. Only company is left is Ubisoft which I dont know when it will last. Considering Assasins creed pirate was coming no sign of it.
Adding more to it
Lets think of this way whats the point of buying a windows phone when all of its feature slowly and surely going to others.
Office? Gone
Skype? Gone also better in others
Apps? Gone as DEVS are slowly stopping support.
Games? Gone as no Xbox and at some point it was also considered to be going cross platform. On others better,regular updates,new and great.

And what we have left? LIVE TILES.
Which will also be deployed as an app by MS to other platforms to make sure they get the best experience.
Why doing this? Just to get market share? Lure ppl to WP?
Heh somebody should hit them hard. It's a dream that wont come true.

Windows Phone = Coming soon
I want to edit SATYA statement Mobile first cloud first = IOS and Android first Wp coming soon.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT AND I QUOTE I BOUGHT A WINDOWS PHONE WAS BECAUSE OF NOKIA
And since its DEAD (MS branding policy once again here ppl) with utter disappointment I have to say...
McLaren can kiss 💋 my a** and iPhone 6 is next!
Nokia Lumia 1020 will always be here with me and it will be my LAST NOKIA phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT AND I QUOTE I BOUGHT A WINDOWS PHONE WAS BECAUSE OF NOKIA
And since its DEAD (MS branding policy once again here ppl) with utter disappointment I have to say...
McLaren can kiss �� my a** and iPhone 6 is next!
Nokia Lumia 1020 will always be here with me and it will be my LAST NOKIA phone.

wow* someone needs to chill.

It's just a rebranding because Nokia still has the rights to the name and MS can't really keep it.

It's still going to be the same people making the phones, the name on the buildings just changed.

But if that's all you care about, don't let the door hit you on the way out. :p

Last edited:

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
wish someone needs to chill.

It's just a rebranding because Nokia still has the rights to the name and MS can't really keep it.

It's still going to be the same people making the phones, the name on the buildings just changed.

But if that's all you care about, don't let the door hit you on the way out. :p

Trust me I have chilled alot for the past 3 to 4 years and I am still making sure it should be that way but then again, dont you feel that its wrong? This rebranding is FOR ME not an issue. I can happily buy a windowsphone without Nokia brand but there are ppl who wont buy a non-Nokia phone. Nokia name is enough for most of the ppl. For you and me its easy to go ahead and buy a non Nokia phone but for others, it ain't.
And also the reason I said bout McLaren and iPhone is not because of rebranding, its because of other two huge statement before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss