New Lumia Phone names

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the Lumia Brand hit on a good thing with the Icon.
Top end all rounder phone can be the Icon/Icon 2/Icon 3
Eg. The Lumia Icon 2

Phablets can be - Lumia Pro Elite
Camera focused flagship(if separate from Icon)- Lumia lens (with 1020 megapixels and 700000X zoom which can peek into the atoms of your puppy)
Mid range Lumia - The Lumia lite Tamp
Lower end-Lumia compact/mini

What do you think?

Last edited:

altair679

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I like your ideas but those names are already common in the smartphone market, in the exclusion of the Lumia lens.
Eg. Xperia Z compact
Samsung Galaxy tab 3 lite

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the Lumia name is going to die out and become redundant in about 3-4 years from now.

As for the Icon. I wouldn't call it all that special really. If I thought was worth buying I would buy it.

As for the name. I'm all for naming devices rather than using the standard Nokia numbering system. I think a phone gets more of a personality then. Looking at it from a marketing perspective.

Keep in mind however that the Icon is only used on Verizon, everywhere else in the world it's the 930.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the Lumia name is going to die out and become redundant in about 3-4 years from now.

As for the Icon. I wouldn't call it all that special really. If I thought was worth buying I would buy it.

As for the name. I'm all for naming devices rather than using the standard Nokia numbering system. I think a phone gets more of a personality then. Looking at it from a marketing perspective.

Keep in mind however that the Icon is only used on Verizon, everywhere else in the world it's the 930.

Yeah I know the name is verizon exclusive but still

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa