Piracy in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the us, everything is expensive here also. I thought piracy was only illegal if you sold the pirated material. I, legally, can make a copy of a game I've purchased and give it away all I want. I just can't sell those copies for profit. I could be wrong though
Idk if people quoted you on this before ever since the thread is 10 pages long on the mobile app.

But ddistribution is illegal also, free or not

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Idk if people quoted you on this before ever since the thread is 10 pages long on the mobile app.

But ddistribution is illegal also, free or not

Only if you buy an unlimited license can you give it away as you wish. For example, I have Office 2007 with an Enterprise license because I'm always loading it on different devices that don't always have optical drives. I'm also too lazy to create an iso on a USB stick.

For the sake of this thread, I paid a few Benjamins for it. I couldn't afford it, but I couldn't afford not to do it.

Arda Ozkal

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry,but it is exactly like that.

There is no gray area here.

If a person chooses to steal what they do not legally own,it is theft plain and simple.

You can try to justify it however you want,but that doesn't change anything.

Each individual in this world has to decide if they are going to be honest,regardless of where they live,or what their financial circumstances are.

We are not discussing a matter of life and death here,we are discussing pirating software that is not legally owned.

Quite frankly I am surprised by those here that feel this practice is somehow justified because they cannot afford to pay for this,and that they have no worries because it is not enforced in their area. These same people complain about how expensive this is,and then wonder why.
You say:
If you are starving, die while you are trying to earn money.

I say:
One. Little. Bread.

Ps. I paid all my software or msft paid it for me (dreamspark). I use spotify.

Disclaimer: I'm not supporting theft or piracy.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
You say:

I say:
One. Little. Bread.

That's what I am talking about. Thanks.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You say:

I say:
One. Little. Bread.

He didn't say that at all. You inferred that. He specifically mentioned that this is not life or death. I usually disagree vehemently with Mac, but he's right on this one and I got his back.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of whether you think it's theft or piracy or whatever you like to call it when you use my software without paying for it,
I would punch you in the face when I see you on the street. No matter which ******* country you are from or how much you earn.

While I understand your frustration towards copyright infringement and I agree that people should pay for their work, I really don't understand how you can be so aggressively against every kind of software piracy, while you are promoting violence against these people.

In my eyes, violence is much worse than installing a unauthorized copy of Windows. And it's at least as illegal.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Only if you buy an unlimited license can you give it away as you wish. For example, I have Office 2007 with an Enterprise license because I'm always loading it on different devices that don't always have optical drives. I'm also too lazy to create an iso on a USB stick.

For the sake of this thread, I paid a few Benjamins for it. I couldn't afford it, but I couldn't afford not to do it.
Oh its not that I don't understand piracy, I pirate myself sometimes, nothing big though

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask another question: What do you guys think about ad-blockers?

From my point of view it's the same as piracy. It allows you to read news and reports provided by hard-working people that won't see a dime just because the user prefers to not see advertisements.

Strangely, it's not illegal.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

From my point of view it's the same as piracy. It allows you to read news and reports provided by hard-working people that won't see a dime just because the user prefers to not see advertisements.

This is an interesting question, but we could go much further. If you go to the toilet during an ad break on TV, or record the programme and fast forward through the adverts, you're also stealing from hard working people. We should install restaints in everyone's homes to force people to watch the ads. They can go to the toilet in their own time.

In another note, does anyone here ever click on an advert on a web page? I don't use an ad blocker but I would never click on an ad, as I assume most are fake or dodgy, and if you click on one you're in danger of getting ripped off or having some malware installed on your PC.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine has Office 2013 installed on all his computers and didn't pay a penny. It's not SO illegal that anything could come of it but the government claims it's illegal. Kind of like smoking weed or wearing a tinted motorcycle visor. As long as you don't bother the cops, they won't stop you. UK.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
This is an interesting question, but we could go much further. If you go to the toilet during an ad break on TV, or record the programme and fast forward through the adverts, you're also stealing from hard working people. We should install restaints in everyone's homes to force people to watch the ads. They can go to the toilet in their own time.

In another note, does anyone here ever click on an advert on a web page? I don't use an ad blocker but I would never click on an ad, as I assume most are fake or dodgy, and if you click on one you're in danger of getting ripped off or having some malware installed on your PC.

I believe that content is available for free, and that companies pay to advertise on these free sites. Whether people actually watch the adverts is not the content providers concern.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I believe that content is available for free, and that companies pay to advertise on these free sites. Whether people actually watch the adverts is not the content providers concern.

Often they are paid dependent on clicks. Also, when ads don't reach the target audience, these companies will stop spending money on it.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

No..it's not even closely the same thing.

Blocking a ad is not using or condoning pirating software, and fwiw nor is fast forwarding through a commecial...

Sheese...some of you guys are reaching for straws just to justify stealing.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
No..it's not even closely the same thing.

Blocking a ad is not using or condoning pirating software, and fwiw nor is fast forwarding through a commecial...

Sheese...some of you guys are reaching for straws just to justify stealing.

I thought we have already established that we all agree that piracy is bad, but that it is by definition not stealing. It's like you haven't read anything in this thread.

So what does justify for you to consume a product, but to cut out the provider's money source in this case?

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I already pay for my internet, I block every single ad I can - if a site can't cope without ads, shutdown the site

Im not being poisoned by adverts online as well as tv as well as billboard, radio, every single place I go

If I could block ads world wide I would

Pathetic argument saying it is stealing by blocking ads, pathetic

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I already pay for my internet, I block every single ad I can - if a site can't cope without ads, shutdown the site

Im not being poisoned by adverts online as well as tv as well as billboard, radio, every single place I go

If I could block ads world wide I would

Pathetic argument saying it is stealing by blocking ads, pathetic

You pay for your internet access, not for the content that's provided on the internet. Or you could just download software and games with the same argument.

Actually there are quite some pages that have issues with ad-blocking. I don't think their financial problems are pathetic, after all the people behind this pages probably have a family and a life too.

And where did I say anything about stealing?

Please, give me some real reasons why it's okay to block ads. Just babbling unrelated stuff in an agitated manner doesn't help.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I thought we have already established that we all agree that piracy is bad, but that it is by definition not stealing. It's like you haven't read anything in this thread.

So what does justify for you to consume a product, but to cut out the provider's money source in this case?

No..theft is theft. Only those who are trying to make a pisspoor argument are claiming that it isn't.

What a moronic argument you choose to use for your justification of pirating software. Just because I choose not to look at something doesn't mean I am stealing....and for you to try to argue this speaks volumes for the type of person you choose to be.

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
And you all that are against piracy,you didnt download any software that is cracked or similar??? Bravo for you,in this century and internet that is spreading every second? I admire you really,no joke....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6