06-30-2014 02:20 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    It looks like operating ssystems and hardware are losing relevance.
    In terms of money earning potential, yes, because Google's business model is making OSes unprofitable. It is usually very hard to sell anything your competition is selling below cost or giving away for free.

I realize there are a lot of things MS could sell to compensate for shrinking OS profits. I guess my point is that they have already been trying, and have not succeeded so far. What makes you think that will all change now?

I'm not saying MS' services can't earn more, but just deciding: 'well, now we'd actually like to earn money from services' isn't a guarantee that you will. What is it between today and tomorrow that will change to make MS' services better earners?
    06-29-2014 04:29 AM
    Surface team - I have a SP2 - I cant use wfi and BT at the same time - see above.

​Just curious, why not?
    06-29-2014 08:27 AM
    Their first phone? Nope. Just three letters: KIN
    And for using Android when they have WP: lol
    i use android when i have WP just to laugh how stupid is android
    06-29-2014 09:08 AM
    i use android when i have WP just to laugh how stupid is android
    Elaborate.

Or is this just "Android suxxors lol" type of talk?
    06-29-2014 01:25 PM
    I'm not saying MS' services can't earn more, but just deciding: 'well, now we'd actually like to earn money from services' isn't a guarantee that you will. What is it between today and tomorrow that will change to make MS' services better earners?
    Microsoft not longer has a natural monopoly on operating systems. The monopoly allowed them to earn abnormal profits from Windows.

The reasons why the performance of services will improve:
    *Growth of the market in the number of users and the amount of money each user spend in digital goods, the number of ads the user is exposed to in MS properties. This not only improve the size of the business, scale improve margins specially for MS which is a smaller player.
    *They have to align the software with this new strategy. Windows has to be a tool to sell services. They have to ship Windows 9 with OneDrive and search integration in all the devices they can, It's a good idea to make Windows 9 a free upgrade for Windows 7 users Sacrifice the OS business to win in the service business.
    * All or most of the software used in Windows has to be downloaded from the store. Desktop store apps are coming.
    * MS is the service provider with the best cross platform support.
    * I guess they will improve their market share in smartphones and tablets with Windows or X.
    06-30-2014 02:20 PM
80 ... 234