Microsoft launches thier FIRST PHONE!!..its not WP :/ .......

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
BBC News - Microsoft to release Android-powered Nokia X2 handset

The more I see what MS are doing and the more I compare WP8.1 to its competition the more frustrated I feel. The internal team structure, the way internal teams do NOT communicate is probably the reason they cant replicate Zune features in the Music app, I mean if you OWN ZUNE then how hard can it be to take the great features and shove it in XBOX Music?

FORGET ANDROID - GET YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER FIRST ...... NOOOOOOBS!!

Edit - according to article they have unveiled it rather than launched it as the name of thread implies.

grrrrrrr

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I mean if you OWN ZUNE then how hard can it be to take the great features and shove it in Music?

If you have nothing to do with software, it's likely hard to imagine how that is likely impossible, but it is.

Still, MS could recreate those features in the Music app, probably for just a few hundred thousand. Why they haven't only they themselves know, but most likely it's down to priorities.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely don't understand why Microsoft still releases Android phones... would Apple release an Android or WP phone? Never! Then why does Microsoft do it? Don't they trust their software to be the best?

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is damn stupid... How in the hell will they attract customers to Windows Phone if they put their competitor's OS ON THEIR GOD DAMN PHONES???

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely don't understand why Microsoft still releases Android phones... would Apple release an Android or WP phone? Never! Then why does Microsoft do it? Don't they trust their software to be the best?
wow. do you trust MS software to be the best. After three update to 8.1, my icon is still heating up. I am still having hard time to find Music control.....

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Blame the consumers. WP doesn't sell in huge quantities, yet these cheap Knock off Android seem to be doing really well.

I hope all the new cheap OEMs give WP a boost, otherwise the consumer will have spoken, and WP will not be what they wanted from Microsoft.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
wow. do you trust MS software to be the best. After three update to 8.1, my icon is still heating up. I am still having hard time to find Music control.....

Less and less I have to admit... but Android? I mean, they're supposed to think and trust that their software is the best, otherwise why spend a dime on it?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Blame the consumers. WP doesn't sell in huge quantities, yet these cheap Knock off Android seem to be doing really well.

I hope all the new cheap OEMs give WP a boost, otherwise the consumer will have spoken, and WP will not be what they wanted from Microsoft.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Hey but selling android phones will not help wp. It is waste of time hope Microsoft destroy this x lines.they are doing ads in India for Nokia x line rather than the lumias.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine that this was already in the pipeline before the deal was official so they just released it to get whatever money they can from it.

Now if they were to release an X3 somewhere down the road then I would be concerned at the direction they are going in.

Also I don't understand MS' reasoning with the X line. It's going to be either:

1) "Hey it's an Android phone that looks a little like Windows Phone - maybe I should try out full Windows Phone"

or

2) "Hey it's an Android phone that's not so bad - maybe I should try out a phone with better hardware and full Android"

With the way the mobile world is going right now I think people would go with 2 rather than 1.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft is just trying to get their names on every phones out there. If iOS was also a freeware like Android i guess they would've also released an iOS phone!

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Here is the plain truth. Microsoft's main goal is to get people on board with their services, not to get people to adopt Windows Phone. It should be obvious to everyone here.

Microsoft is going to keep pumping these Android phones out, so there's no sense in gnashing your teeth every time it happens. Services are all that matters to them, and they don't care which platform they get their adoption numbers from. Judging by how much time they invest into iOS and Android, and how poor their own services are on Windows Phone, it's obvious where their bread and butter is.

Stop acting like Windows Phone is where they should put all of their energy, they are doing the right thing by supporting the largest common denominator, and it's not Windows Phone.

Brad Lambert

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
These phones are designed for emerging markets. Vast sweeps of the world are without internet access, let alone cellular service. You all need to understand that Microsoft is committed to the Windows Phone platform 110%, however it cannot take hold in an undeveloped market without these base devices making it possible for phones to even exist there.

Stepping stones, guys. Microsoft knows exactly what they're doing: Laying the groundwork for Windows to rise to the top.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Brad and Visa have pretty much hit the nail on the head here. MS are using the entry level X android devices as a means of having a presence in the cheaper segment of the Android market - a segment that is perhaps the most rife with a choice of devices and all at a similar price point without the build quality of Microsoft / Nokia. They're using a forked version of Android and slowly introducing people to Microsoft services and apps and using a similar interface to WP in a bid to get people to interact with Microsoft's design philosophy and services. Their thinking is that people will really like what they see and their next devices will be fully fledged Windows Phones.

Will it work? Only time will tell but it's a strategy that Microsoft are heavily invested in so while we might find it a little frustrating sometimes, I doubt any complaints we make will sway them from this strategy right now.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft didn't choose to release an Android product. They inherited this project from Nokia. Releasing this phone did not keep Windows Phone developers from developing WP apps. While I thought Nokia's Android project was a little odd to begin with, the X2 is not hindering progress of WP in any way in Redmond.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That's not really the point. If you want to make people buy your product, don't release and promote a competing product...

MS is a business. Not a company that follows fanboys opinions. They have to go where the money is. While Right now they want to expand WP as much as possible with multiple WP OEMs. But they need to get more services available to a broader audience. Right now services is where MS's future growth is coming from e.g Onedrive, Skype, Office 2013 and Outlook.com and Bing. not OSes Like WP and Windows

PS: if you ran a business. Would you follow what fanboys say and stat with one OS or would you go where the money is? And go to other OSes. It's quite logical to go where the money is and that's other OSes while expanding your own. It's a simple concept of business

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs