nokia x2 - what to expect when you are not expected to

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
when i saw Nokia x and Nokia x2, i saw Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8, really? the first design doesn't implement home? and maybe on-screen button, so old user still able to use the latest X platform, but due to "hardware limitation", it cant be update to Nokia x platform 2, the is like Windows Phone 7, hardware limitation, can't upgrade to Windows Phone 8.

-10 months later-
introducing Nokia x3, with search button, Cortana, 8GB ROM, 1GB RAM, 8MP camera, VGA FFC, ClearBlack 4.3" LCD screen, camera button, 1.2 GHz snapdragon processor, 2000mAh battery, Nokia X will never be the same again. only $165! cheaper than 620
P.S.: it might be fake

Microsoft, i hope Nokia X are only a step for Windows Phone, not 2 steps ahead from Windows Phone, cause if this happen, there will be no hope for Nokia and Windows Phone
Microsoft, i know you want to gain more user for Windows Phone, but try not to rush about it, yeah, android were grow faster because lots of manufacturer using android OS, while Windows Phone currently only a few manufacturer. But now, what I saw is Windows Phone is growing now, and more manufacturer joining the team, even Sony gonna release a Windows Phone , i hope Nokia X series will stop releasing, stop at Nokia X2, no Nokia X3, it might stop Windows Phone from growing up.

what happen when Microsoft release Nokia X3:
1 - more users buy Nokia X than Windows Phone, would the growth of Nokia X stop? no, when there is more user using it, they want successor, which will bring a domino effect, causing Microsoft forced to release more X
2 - when more user buy Nokia X, other Nokia phone like Lumia and Asha, will be abandoned, Windows Phone largest manufacturer are Nokia, if nobody buy Nokia Lumia. Windows Phone user will dropping, and it will become Symbian, less user using it, when it is about no one using it, Microsoft might stop publishing Windows Phone
3 - when X is successful, it change the goal of Nokia, Nokia target to not jump into the "burning platform", now he is joining it, if you saw Nokia Lumia advertisement, it will say "Don't fight, switch", if the final goal become Nokia joining the platform, I'm afraid it will become "Fight on, don't switch"

what happen when Microsoft not release Nokia X3:
1 - no more android, Sony joining the Windows Phone, they might even release Sony Xperia z2 Windows Phone edition, for those who want Windows Phone on it. when more people purchase Sony's Windows Phone, and Sony advertising it, like they advertising their Xperia at FIFA, Windows Phone will become mainstream.
2 - some manufacturer might change their phone OS from android to Windows Phone, imagine even Samsung releasing Windows Phone named it W (like S series)
3 - android will lose, so many crack, virus, worm, ransomware and many more, Samsung said they will not using android anymore for their next phone, Samsung's android market share are 63.3%, when Samsung not using android, it is a big attack for android, since most of the people were using Samsung, and android are dependent on Samsung

i hope Microsoft not releasing Nokia X3, better not planning to. or else it will be nothing left for Windows Phone user

EDIT: as people said "To be a statesman, you need a thick skin.", Microsoft, you need a thick skin, please don't care about what people said about nokia X, just dont release more

Last edited:

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Its pretty hard to read all that being a Grammar Nazi...but I sure do agree with you, MS really needs to stop the pseudo-android series & focus on their own OS.

As for samsung phones running WP, theres the Samsung ATIV S already available & even if they do give up android, they have their own Tizen OS, so its pretty doubtful if they would wholly switch to running WP.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Its pretty hard to read all that being a Grammar Nazi...but I sure do agree with you, MS really needs to stop the pseudo-android series & focus on their own OS.

As for samsung phones running WP, theres the Samsung ATIV S already available & even if they do give up android, they have their own Tizen OS, so its pretty doubtful if they would wholly switch to running WP.

sorry for my bad english... yeah, but i mean more feature from it, like current S5, HD display, better camera etc

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The X2 is a nice device. I'm looking forward to the X3 with better hardware and Cortana.

Last edited:

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
im tempted by the x series..but unlike in wp tiles on x series look downright ugly! its like a poor mans lumia...hey i know its meant to be a poor mans lumia but u dont have to make it so obvious nokia/microsoft! lol

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
can't agree more with you...
from day one, I know that people will overlook the Lumia phones when they see this crap Nokia X because:
1. it's Nokia, and
2. it's Android

without even looking at the fact that:
1. it lags, badly, and
2. Nokia Lumia 520 is cheaper and way more stable

and now comes this X2... * facepalm*
Windows Phone is dead, long live Windows Phone!

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
im tempted by the x series..but unlike in wp tiles on x series look downright ugly! its like a poor mans lumia...hey i know its meant to be a poor mans lumia but u dont have to make it so obvious nokia/microsoft! lol

i have an idea, but it might be wild and lots of leaking code of Windows Phone, is try to allow install android apps to X, but OS is Windows Phone, maybe custom loader, with sandbox on it, preventing from leaking code, which like blackberry

can't agree more with you...
from day one, I know that people will overlook the Lumia phones when they see this crap Nokia X because:
1. it's Nokia, and
2. it's Android

without even looking at the fact that:
1. it lags, badly, and
2. Nokia Lumia 520 is cheaper and way more stable

and now comes this X2... * facepalm*
Windows Phone is dead, long live Windows Phone!

nokia - indestructible phone
android - mainstream lag phone + virus protection like windows 98
it doesn't lag for X, it just loading a bit slow, max time about 2 seconds, yeah, i have both X and Lumia 520, and Lumia 520 is way better than X, not just battery life, and also stability of phone, when i play "unblock me", it constantly loading and calculating at the background, even i don't playing it.
while on windows phone, i play "wordament", it use low battery, but long term playing, will start heating, when it is heating, battery usage will increase, so it is stable, and won't overclock the CPU

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
i have an idea, but it might be wild and lots of leaking code of Windows Phone, is try to allow install android apps to X, but OS is Windows Phone, maybe custom loader, with sandbox on it, preventing from leaking code, which like blackberry

are you suggesting that Windows Phone to be able to run Android apps?
that sounds terrible...

have you ever seen Android apps running in Blackberry?

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett