Microsoft stock trading at $42 today, increasing really fast

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a thread on this, but I've been watching Microsoft's stock price and its just surpassed $42. The Wall Street Cheat Sheet predicts that MSFT is an OUTPERFORM, which is great news considering how everyone these days is saying how badly Microsoft is failing. /s

What do you think about this?

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a thread on this, but I've been watching Microsoft's stock price and its just surpassed $42. The Wall Street Cheat Sheet predicts that MSFT is an OUTPERFORM, which is great news considering how everyone these days is saying how badly Microsoft is failing. /s

What do you think about this?

Ive been watching it since 2008. The thing to keep in mind about the stock market now is that it is driven by emotion and bots now. Apple makes 4 billion in pure profit...but it was .1 billion short in estimates so the stock tanks. Tesla hasnt really made a real profit from its net sales but after each uplifting story about its potential to make money, its stock soars. Microsoft is a juggernaut that always finds a way to make its money but since techs and journalists prefer Apple and Google their stocks havent really gone anywhere. This $42 price could just be a new optimistic peek.

I think there is a change in the winds though. Microsoft is doing a decent job at shedding its "Balmer" skin. I don't think the stock will really "Break-out" much anytime soon but it may keep creeping up. Lets see what is new that could make them more money than before:

-The release of Office Products to both Android and iOS (This may be a big money maker)
-Surface Pro 3 may do better than the 2 especially in the enterprise
-Windows 7 & 8.1 will sell more since Win XP is officially unsupported.
-Bing and the Windows Markets may be making money now that WP has 3-5% of the phone market now.

All in all, Microsoft is a long term investment. Their dividends are OK but if your looking for a share price that is going to explode, I'd buy Apple now since its under $100 a share again. When the iPhone 6 phones get announced its gonna double in price within a year

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
please, microsoft, before release windows phone 8.1, please do the "action center" & app listing type! so it might go up to $46 in a month or more

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
please, microsoft, before release windows phone 8.1, please do the "action center" & app listing type! so it might go up to $46 in a month or more

You are seriously overestimating the value of a small feature in one of the smallest parts in their company.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Once their mobile division starts making money their stock may start moving unfortunately the last report NOKIA had before it sold, they lost several hundred million on it. Microsoft will need to gain at least 8-10% of the market before that happens.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Once their mobile division starts making money their stock may start moving unfortunately the last report NOKIA had before it sold, they lost several hundred million on it. Microsoft will need to gain at least 8-10% of the market before that happens.

The average sales prices for smartphones is continually falling and more than half of the devices Nokia/Microsoft sells are Lumia 520s which generate almost zero profit. Factor in that MS are now also giving WP away for free, and you'll notice there simply isn't much left to make money with.

I think MS will need a much larger part of the market for their WP related efforts to become profitable.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Ive been watching it since 2008. The thing to keep in mind about the stock market now is that it is driven by emotion and bots now. Apple makes 4 billion in pure profit...but it was .1 billion short in estimates so the stock tanks. Tesla hasnt really made a real profit from its net sales but after each uplifting story about its potential to make money, its stock soars. Microsoft is a juggernaut that always finds a way to make its money but since techs and journalists prefer Apple and Google their stocks havent really gone anywhere. This $42 price could just be a new optimistic peek.

I think there is a change in the winds though. Microsoft is doing a decent job at shedding its "Balmer" skin. I don't think the stock will really "Break-out" much anytime soon but it may keep creeping up. Lets see what is new that could make them more money than before:

-The release of Office Products to both Android and iOS (This may be a big money maker)
-Surface Pro 3 may do better than the 2 especially in the enterprise
-Windows 7 & 8.1 will sell more since Win XP is officially unsupported.
-Bing and the Windows Markets may be making money now that WP has 3-5% of the phone market now.

All in all, Microsoft is a long term investment. Their dividends are OK but if your looking for a share price that is going to explode, I'd buy Apple now since its under $100 a share again. When the iPhone 6 phones get announced its gonna double in price within a year

I am not by any means a fan of balmer but he did drive profits up for MS despite several blunders. And no apple wont double when the iPhone 6 is released. They will do well but that kind of estimate is a little silly. They are actually struggling with new business right now. The only thing that will make their stock surge is if Their sales I china skyrocket.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I am not by any means a fan of balmer but he did drive profits up for MS despite several blunders. And no apple wont double when the iPhone 6 is released. They will do well but that kind of estimate is a little silly. They are actually struggling with new business right now. The only thing that will make their stock surge is if Their sales I china skyrocket.

Balmer did a lot for the company in terms of making it profitable but Im talking about its stock price and perception. He tried to be a visible CEO like Jobs but that kinda backfired. He did nothing for the stock price and each Microsoft flop was attached to his face not Bill Gates.
Apple will double within 12-18 months. They have increased their stock price over 700% in 6 years.
Two new phone sizes, iWatch and possible new tablets will be announced within these next 12 months. Apple stock holders will be continuously busting nuts after each announcement and it wont matter what their sales look like.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Balmer did a lot for the company in terms of making it profitable but Im talking about its stock price and perception. He tried to be a visible CEO like Jobs but that kinda backfired. He did nothing for the stock price and each Microsoft flop was attached to his face not Bill Gates.
Apple will double within 12-18 months. They have increased their stock price over 700% in 6 years.
Two new phone sizes, iWatch and possible new tablets will be announced within these next 12 months. Apple stock holders will be continuously busting nuts after each announcement and it wont matter what their sales look like.

And in those 6 years, they had a massive increase in profits as well as invigorated new markets. Smartphones were a niche before Apple's iPhone, and the tablet market was a joke. An iWatch isn't going to explode the wearables market, and neither will iPhone sizes. If anything, I see the stock price of Apple going down after the announcement.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
And in those 6 years, they had a massive increase in profits as well as invigorated new markets. Smartphones were a niche before Apple's iPhone, and the tablet market was a joke. An iWatch isn't going to explode the wearables market, and neither will iPhone sizes. If anything, I see the stock price of Apple going down after the announcement.
Whats so weird is that Apples stock always takes a dive after their announcements and then recovers. I guess their expectations get destroyed with their mediocre announcements and then they realize they are still making a killing as a company. Meh, we'll see sooner than later. Lets revisit this post in 12 months so we can name call and tease the guy with the wrong prediction. :p
Here's to Microsoft hitting at least $50 by years end!

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

you pay apple's name commission, it is about total money *1/3, and still many people buy it for no reason.
apple has been jailbreak, allow to install free games and some unpublished game, and sometimes it has very limited function, bluetooth can't pair to other device for transferring data, no NFC, sometimes Wi-Fi connection are bull****, odd menu, no app list, so they are allowed not to put unwanted app on menu. while Windows Phone has lots of function, and live tile, deliver you the notification at a glance, and was cheaper than apple. Microsoft win.

i dont see any reason to buy i**** except for limitation and small screen

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
you pay apple's name commission, it is about total money *1/3, and still many people buy it for no reason.
apple has been jailbreak, allow to install free games and some unpublished game, and sometimes it has very limited function, bluetooth can't pair to other device for transferring data, no NFC, sometimes Wi-Fi connection are bull****, odd menu, no app list, so they are allowed not to put unwanted app on menu. while Windows Phone has lots of function, and live tile, deliver you the notification at a glance, and was cheaper than apple. Microsoft win.

i dont see any reason to buy i**** except for limitation and small screen

The fact that you don't see a reason doesn't mean there isn't one. More games, and the ones that are there are usually better quality. I don't know what you mean about WiFi. I don't use NFC, and a lot of people don't. And yes, I have a phone with NFC. The most I used it for was quick payments as a novelty thing. Seriously, there are great reasons to buy an iDevice. If you can't find one, then don't. But don't assume that there isn't one simply because you have very specific and unique needs that just happen to be filled by a WP device.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Whats so weird is that Apples stock always takes a dive after their announcements and then recovers. I guess their expectations get destroyed with their mediocre announcements and then they realize they are still making a killing as a company. Meh, we'll see sooner than later. Lets revisit this post in 12 months so we can name call and tease the guy with the wrong prediction. :p
Here's to Microsoft hitting at least $50 by years end!

I think Apple falls because of unrealistic expectations. They can't throw out a market making device every 2-3 years, they just can't.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Haha! Microsoft may actually hit $50 by years end! Lucky guess...I mean...knew it all along....

I was waaay off with Apple stock though. 25% increase is not bad though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes