Microsoft and Apple

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Does Microsoft seem to be trying to partner with Apple more and more each year? Or is more of a Google mindset (get your data by releasing apps)?

I do really enjoy the apps Microsoft has released for iOS. They are very well done, especially the Bing app. Will Cortana potentially come to iOS?

I wonder if Apple is just temporarily using Bing while they create their own Search engine or if Bing will be in it for the long haul.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i dont think so, in PC OS, their user hated each other, and MOST of the Windows Phone user hate apple.
there is no way that Microsoft will work with google, google hate Microsoft with their Bing, OneDrive, Word Online etc, and more service that exist on google service. while Microsoft hate google for blocking them on youtube apps, their android and they selling their customer privacy and account information

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i dont think so, in PC OS, their user hated each other, and MOST of the Windows Phone user hate apple.
there is no way that Microsoft will work with google, google hate Microsoft with their Bing, OneDrive, Word Online etc, and more service that exist on google service. while Microsoft hate google for blocking them on youtube apps, their android and they selling their customer privacy and account information

74784f957640b5226175d5a0217e7ad532edcd8a986bac1b2cab2a7894d15d87.jpg

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Let's see....

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.... unless my friend denies me access to the user base, in which case my other enemy who hates the enemy who became my friend now has more in common with me and may be my friend, except THAT friend won't let me port a real You Tube app or their mapping app, so let's just make them my SUPER enemy while that other enemy is just a KINDA enemy, until we look at PC's VS Macs and how they have dogged me in which case the KINDA enemy is now my SWORN enemy as opposed to my SUPER enemy.

Yep. That should about sum it up. Forget it, let's just release Office, Skydrive, and everything else to everyone. Then, I can be my own worst enemy. Much easier.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Let's see....

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.... unless my friend denies me access to the user base, in which case my other enemy who hates the enemy who became my friend now has more in common with me and may be my friend, except THAT friend won't let me port a real You Tube app or their mapping app, so let's just make them my SUPER enemy while that other enemy is just a KINDA enemy, until we look at PC's VS Macs and how they have dogged me in which case the KINDA enemy is now my SWORN enemy as opposed to my SUPER enemy.

Yep. That should about sum it up. Forget it, let's just release Office, Skydrive, and everything else to everyone. Then, I can be my own worst enemy. Much easier.

Oh, and you can also make money. Sure, ideological purity is gone ... but companies are about money anyway. ;)

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you read some of the treads in appleinsider? I don't think they'll be "reaching across the aisle" so to speak anytime soon. I know people here can be a bit proud of Microsoft products but those guys in that forum have pure hate running through them for anything not apple. Even the guys playing devil's advocate bash Microsoft in a quiet way. In terms of making money, both Android and Apple will start paying attention when/if Microsoft's mobile unit gets over 10% marketshare. Until then, they will both treat Microsoft like a second class citizen.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let's see....

make app on other platform 20% higher price, less function on android, full function on apple, haven't release for windows phone, it is worth it

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you read some of the treads in appleinsider? I don't think they'll be "reaching across the aisle" so to speak anytime soon. I know people here can be a bit proud of Microsoft products but those guys in that forum have pure hate running through them for anything not apple. Even the guys playing devil's advocate bash Microsoft in a quiet way. In terms of making money, both Android and Apple will start paying attention when/if Microsoft's mobile unit gets over 10% market-share. Until then, they will both treat Microsoft like a second class citizen.

As much as I love WP, it's not going to hit 10% anytime soon. It's going to remain between 4 and 8% for the foreseeable future. No putting Office on iOS or Android wouldn't change this, it'd just be Microsoft making less money. If Office sold hardware, it'd have done it with the RT.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, my post above was with tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Just was humor for humor sake.

I actually completely agree from a pure business perspective with MS's decision to go ahead and launch as much on iOS and Android as they can. It will absolutely widen their huge base of Office, Onedrive, and other Microsoft services and can only help their bottom line. It is apple and Google that are fighting to create "close systems" to force users to use their services on their OS only. I think long term, we will see MS was the more forward thinking company.

As a WP user, it kinda hurts to see MS supporting Apple and Android tablets before their own. But, I will give a nod to their long term vision.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only reason WP is up to 10% in some European countries is due to the high cost of iPhones. Believe me, 90% of those people would buy a cheaper iPhone is it existed.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
The only reason WP is up to 10% in some European countries is due to the high cost of iPhones. Believe me, 90% of those people would buy a cheaper iPhone is it existed.

The same argument could be made for Android. They took over the world not because of their flagships but from their dirt cheap entry phones. Microsoft actually built a better dirt cheap phone and you can see the results around the world...well except Asia. Microsoft's endgame is pretty clear. Even though they are pushing hardware, they are trying to position themselves to be the #1 software company again. Sharing Office with Android and iOS was a clear indication of that.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Im gonna update this for my own tracking purposes.

Since my last post 18 days ago:
Microsoft up 5.7%
Apple up 2%

Not friggen bad for only 2 1/2 weeks.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It's more that neither want anything to so with google anymore. So because bing is probably the second best search engine , apple partnered with them so google won't get the search data.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
It's more that neither want anything to so with google anymore. So because bing is probably the second best search engine , apple partnered with them so google won't get the search data.
What is more telling than the implied Apple / Microsoft relationship is the explicit Apple / IBM relationship.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb