Best OEM for updates?

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, gals, pets! I'm struggling to decide what my next phone will be. I haven't had a windows phone since I retired my trusty Trophy and want to get back to the goodness. My options are the Icon or the Ativ SE. I'm most likely going to make my decision on the what OEM updates their phones the most/quickest. Anyone have any insight?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Would also depend on if your phone is carrier/network locked. If however it's factory unlocked (ie the Country Variant) or has been flashed with said ROM, then the carrier factor is negated.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Would also depend on if your phone is carrier/network locked. If however it's factory unlocked (ie the Country Variant) or has been flashed with said ROM, then the carrier factor is negated.

Well I'm on Verizon and I have to say they seem to be pretty quick with their windows phone updates. Well, quicker than att at least.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Saying they are faster than AT&T is like saying they are faster than a dead, frozen snail or a turtle with two broke legs.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't really say, but I would decide on the added featureset, not just update speed since the Dev Preview negates most of the picture.

ribouch

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see some information instead you hear of windows phone 8.1 update 1 well where is 8.1 ! I am very clost to jumping ship and I have been a microsoft supporter for years!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos