Is Microsoft taking the mickey out of us? Are we being mocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I can understand the OP's problem he bought a brand new phone with the "final" update and he definitely deserves a good music experience, honestly as a customer I deserve a product worthy of the price I'm paying..admit it Microsoft screwed up the Xbox music app and IT SUCKS..
All ai can suggest for now is switch to Music Hub tile..that app lets your bring back the old classy music hub back. I know you shouldn't have to do that, but seriously for now look at the sooo many great features 8.1 is offering, and use old music app. Just by the time they fix that buggy app..Calendar was a mistake I'm sure you can forgive them for that, they fixed it within a day..soo
And Skype just sorry, I don't use it that much but it's working fine for whatever amount of use I have of it..

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna say it right here once more. I LOVE windows phone 8.1 , I'm not sure Joe Belfiore does, hence these puzzling decisions and carelessness.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup....pretty sad

That's actually positive, he understands windows phone inside out, knows whats in the pipeline and using the competitors phones as comparison is the only way to compare user experience, they probably all use Android and iPhones, surprised if they didn't.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you are over reacting OP. If you want to believe that Blackberry, IOS, Android are producing products that are bug free, you are deeply mistaken about everything in tech. You are on a platform being built from the ground up. You may not want to believe that but that is what this is. When developers drink Coke, you're going to burp. When they feel pressure to meet a deadline, your app won't work very well.
I don't see where anyone is mocking you or US for that matter. I think you need to just settle back and quick kicking up dust because you need someone to blame for your own impatience. There will always be advances and those advances come with their own set up problems. Get used to it.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you are over reacting OP. If you want to believe that Blackberry, IOS, Android are producing products that are bug free, you are deeply mistaken about everything in tech. You are on a platform being built from the ground up. You may not want to believe that but that is what this is. When developers drink Coke, you're going to burp. When they feel pressure to meet a deadline, your app won't work very well.
I don't see where anyone is mocking you or US for that matter. I think you need to just settle back and quick kicking up dust because you need someone to blame for your own impatience. There will always be advances and those advances come with their own set up problems. Get used to it.

Don't care about whatever BB, Android or iOS are doing. Care about what WP is doing

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
But they do care about our opinion as a group. That is what's important.

My message is that without the implication of the community and the constructive criticism from the community, any platform will disappear. We are not gonna move forward if consumers are crying/raging/non-stop-complaining.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
My advice about this thread is not to get emotional attached to certain brand or product, just use the phone, OS, services or whatever that suits you better. In my case i have no problems with WP, sure there are many things in WP that needs to be fix, but for me is still fine. I have no qualms to jump ship if WP sinks to the bottom, but at the moment WP looks good for me.

Like Jazmac, said... there is no perfect OS or product, myself i tried to use Android as main phone for 3 years after leaving WM, and most of that time with Android i had unpleasant experiences with phones like the Moto Defy - Moto Atrix, HTC One X and the SG3. For me, using those phones felt like being mocked... so at the end had enough and then made the definitive jump to WP.

Last edited:

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
That's actually positive, he understands windows phone inside out, knows whats in the pipeline and using the competitors phones as comparison is the only way to compare user experience, they probably all use Android and iPhones, surprised if they didn't.

You sure? Google Play All Access music comes after Zune yet it's way better than Xbox music on windows phone

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

No...it's actually a negative. If he was trying to use my 1520 to watch a movie off my class 10 SD card..he would know exactly what a crappy experience it was and maybe...just maybe he might insist that they frigging worry about fixing their own house,before worrying about their neighbors...Maybe if he was using my 1520 to listen to one of a couple hundred song loaded on it...maybe he could see even after a few updates that it still was screwed up,still couldn't see what album art was there,and try to find out why it still lagged badly,still had crackling from the speaker..

Positive my behind...

I'm just getting suck and tired of all the brown nosers in here that placate the ineptitude of people who care more for the platforms than they do for their own...it just gets old...

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No...it's actually a negative. If he was trying to use my 1520 to watch a movie off my class 10 SD card..he would know exactly what a crappy experience it was and maybe...just maybe he might insist that they frigging worry about fixing their own house,before worrying about their neighbors...Maybe if he was using my 1520 to listen to one of a couple hundred song loaded on it...maybe he could see even after a few updates that it still was screwed up,still couldn't see what album art was there,and try to find out why it still lagged badly,still had crackling from the speaker..

Positive my behind...

I'm just getting suck and tired of all the brown nosers in here that placate the ineptitude of people who care more for the platforms than they do for their own...it just gets old...

Use a SanDisk extreme plus card and you wo t have any issues any longer .......

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My message is that without the implication of the community and the constructive criticism from the community, any platform will disappear. We are not gonna move forward if consumers are crying/raging/non-stop-complaining.
The title of my first post didn't originally have the are we being mocked bit. The term "taking the Mickey" means to take someone for granted or take liberties with them. Can't you agree MS is indeed doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo