Is Microsoft taking the mickey out of us? Are we being mocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
As an ex iOS user, there was plenty of issues when their updates would role out as well, and lots of patches to fix them constantly. Just appears some people are viewing MS through a microscope while iOS users can be fed dog sh** and think it's filet mignon.

Well, then Microsoft might have to learn how to sell a product and how to control public opinion. In my opinion that's a huge part of a business.

Hermes Negruzzi

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yet Apple releases one phone a year with the same boring interface and they are Gods.

But yeah, I disagree with you. MS has been on a steam roll lately, making changes across their entire ecosystem. And compared to Android and especially Apple, MS has made copious amount of changes and updates. And speaking of Apple, what real changes have they done in the past two years? And yeah, their stuff "just works," but when you create something only to work with your own ecosystem, it's not that difficult. Most of MS's products and services are built to work across multiple platforms. iWork for Windows or Android? Nope. FaceTime? Nope. Find My Friends? Nope.

With MS's list of things being 10x greater than both Android and Apple, I understand that it takes a little longer. MS offers over 30 IT and Professional services alone.

They have been making great strides even with the recent inconveniences of app breaks. I remember the same thing when I was with Android.

Dude, it's 2014. Microsoft doesn't thrive as it should because Android and iOS are pretty mature if you ask me, both the OS and the apps. WP as an OS is ok, still needs a few tweaks and that's it, but the apps... really?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
DP isn't beta software, neither is it a test candidate. It's an early release of the final version so that app developers can test their apps in the real world.

I'm going to partly agree with you here. Yes, the main point of the DP is for devs to test new code against to watch for bugs, as the subsystem on 8.1 will not be changed accept for big fixes.

On the other side, I feel that it's a PUBLIC beta test, as I would say about 95% of the people on here who installed DP are NOT devs. If Microsoft wanted this to be just for DEVS, they would of locked it down to past devs who have released apps in the past, and lock it down. They do this type of stuff all the time.

This is the same crap again, people seem to complain about everything, good or bad, it's just human nature. Maybe Microsoft should of not released this publicly like they did, and make us all wait till our carriers release it ? This was the program that Microsoft said they would do when WP8 was announced, people complained when it didn't happen, now it did, they get a little buggy code and they hate Microsoft.

People need to get over this, Yes, No matter what Microsoft says, the DP is a pubic beta test, to find all the little issues and hear the feedback. This is the best way Microsoft can work through all the bugs found (note a few update so far because of the issues) to make WIndows Phone as stable and solid as possible. If you know anything about how development works, when you believe you have final code, you want to get it in as many hands as possible to debug the issues, this is so you can hear what people like, and what people hate and change what code is needed to fix possible issues, so when the final hits, it will be almost 100% bug free because everyone found it.

With this being said, Once the final is released from your carrier with the phone firmware, AND you still have problems, then you have every right to complain. You signed up for software with some possible unfinished code, and this is what you have right now...

So, everyone, shut up, deal with the little issues, WHEN YOU GET YOUR FINAL version from your carrier, Then you can complain.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to partly agree with you here. Yes, the main point of the DP is for devs to test new code against to watch for bugs, as the subsystem on 8.1 will not be changed accept for big fixes.

On the other side, I feel that it's a PUBLIC beta test, as I would say about 95% of the people on here who installed DP are NOT devs. If Microsoft wanted this to be just for DEVS, they would of locked it down to past devs who have released apps in the past, and lock it down. They do this type of stuff all the time.

This is the same crap again, people seem to complain about everything, good or bad, it's just human nature. Maybe Microsoft should of not released this publicly like they did, and make us all wait till our carriers release it ? This was the program that Microsoft said they would do when WP8 was announced, people complained when it didn't happen, now it did, they get a little buggy code and they hate Microsoft.

People need to get over this, Yes, No matter what Microsoft says, the DP is a pubic beta test, to find all the little issues and hear the feedback. This is the best way Microsoft can work through all the bugs found (note a few update so far because of the issues) to make WIndows Phone as stable and solid as possible.

With this being said, Once the final is released from your carrier with the phone firmware, AND you still have problems, then you have every right to complain. You signed up for software with some possible unfinished code, and this is what you have right now...

So, everyone, shut up, deal with the little issues, WHEN YOU GET YOUR FINAL version from your carrier, Then you can complain.
Um...I have a 630...so....can I complain now?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

People need to get over this, Yes, No matter what Microsoft says, the DP is a pubic beta test, to find all the little issues and hear the feedback. This is the best way Microsoft can work through all the bugs found (note a few update so far because of the issues) to make WIndows Phone as stable and solid as possible. If you know anything about how development works, when you believe you have final code, you want to get it in as many hands as possible to debug the issues, this is so you can hear what people like, and what people hate and change what code is needed to fix possible issues, so when the final hits, it will be almost 100% bug free because everyone found it.

Oh and by the way, this is what they call a straw man fallacy. My point was that the OS is good but nothing special and apps like Skype and XBM are buggy and have always been and your response is dev preview? Seriously. No.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If we don't complain, how will Microsoft notice the issues? :p

Saying issues is one thing, staying that Microsoft is screwing you or mocking you, is different. This is what this thread is about and tons of others like it.

People need to grow up and report issues as you see them, not to continue to flame Microsoft because one feature does not work like "YOU" think it should.

There is a point of being productive and I will tell you one thing, threads like this are NOT productive, they just feed the fire for iOS and Android users. And could possible pull people away from WP, something we cant afford with under 3-5% of the market share.

Oh and by the way, this is what they call a straw man fallacy. My point was that the OS is good but nothing special and apps like Skype and XBM are buggy and have always been and your response is dev preview? Seriously. No.

Yep and you will continue to see buggy issues. THIS IS A PREVIEW, the apps could have things in them expected for final firmware code.

Windows phone 8 has been stable, there has been some apps that are buggy to start with, maybe Skype is for you but, is that a reason to bash the OS ?

Yea, at this point if your having issues with the DP, role back to WP 8.0 GDR3, and see if it works out for you. Again, preview and posable beta code, same with a lot of 8.1 apps

If your having a lot of problems with the preview program and don't understand how to deal with them or cant deal with them, You should of not ever installed it to start with.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The problem is lack of communication. If Microsoft would inform that DP has these issues because the OS needs the new firmware, then people wouldn't be complaining that much.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
If we don't complain, how will Microsoft notice the issues? :p

I assure you, just 5% of the whining done on WPC would suffice.

Actually, people could stop complaining here altogether and invest just a bit of that time on Joe's twitter account... that would likely work even better.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The problem is lack of communication. If Microsoft would inform that DP has these issues because the OS needs the new firmware, then people wouldn't be complaining that much.

How can I add another 100 likes to that statement?

MS needs to start treating their use base like competent partners. Not like a hord that just deserves a few boring marketing tweets every few weeks.

FALSE expectations, not knowing what to expect, or not being able to participate or understand what is going on inside MS is the number one problem.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

That is something I could agree with 100%.....Corporate 101..and if you have been in ANY Microsoft tests or previews in the past, it's something that Microsoft does not do.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I assure you, just 5% of the whining done on WPC would suffice.

Actually, people could stop complaining here altogether and invest just a bit of that time on Joe's twitter account... that would likely work even better.
Yeah I really do spend some time sending some actually constructive criticism to him. Even a dismissive K would suffice sometimes.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Saying issues is one thing, staying that Microsoft is screwing you or mocking you, is different. This is what this thread is about and tons of others like it.

People need to grow up and report issues as you see them, not to continue to flame Microsoft because one feature does not work like "YOU" think it should.

There is a point of being productive and I will tell you one thing, threads like this are NOT productive, they just feed the fire for iOS and Android users. And could possible pull people away from WP, something we cant afford with under 3-5% of the market share.

Yep and you will continue to see buggy issues. THIS IS A PREVIEW, the apps could have things in them expected for final firmware code.

Windows phone 8 has been stable, there has been some apps that are buggy to start with, maybe Skype is for you but, is that a reason to bash the OS ?

Yea, at this point if your having issues with the DP, role back to WP 8.0 GDR3, and see if it works out for you. Again, preview and posable beta code, same with a lot of 8.1 apps

If your having a lot of problems with the preview program and don't understand how to deal with them or cant deal with them, You should of not ever installed it to start with.

I have a 630 CAN I COMPLAIN NOW!

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

This is a great answer!!!!

I agree totally. Every little thing that goes wrong is somehow the fault of MS. They are trying to cater to everyone's needs, and it must be frustrating to hear all the disapproval. So what if the in-built music player is lacking. it will get fixed I'm sure. It's not, as people have pointed out a 'deal breaker'. If the OS as a whole was complete garbage, then I would be inclined to agree. And the people with problems are trying to sync over 20GB of music,
I have about 500 songs on a Class 2 SD card, and the music player works fine. No hiccups or glitches (I must admit that the noise at the end of a song grates after a while, but I can live with it!! That's a known API bug, so no biggie...)

WPC now stands for Whiney Phone Central.

We got a Windows Phone because the alternatives are dreadful, and WP8, despite the little bugs, is delightful to use.

Neither Google or Apple are brave enough to release a complete 'Developer Preview'. If they did, the list of bugs and incomplete features would clog the forums. Look at the recent Android L. Incomplete doesn't describe it!!! MS should be applauded for their openess in doing what they have done.

So let's get behind MS and stop all this childish whining. It's annoying to say the least.
I agree that there are genuine little quirks and anomalies, and these have a place on these forums.

I'm sure MS ARE listening, despite what you think. Why else do we have Action Centre etc...???

If you aren't happy with the direction WP is going in, then go to Android or iOS. I'm sure we'll see you back here sometime soon......

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Um...I have a 630...so....can I complain now?

I have a 630 CAN I COMPLAIN NOW!

I don't have a 630 so I don't know the issues with the 630. I have a 929/ICON,and personally don't take an offence to this, I really don't care what is going on a phone that I do not own or even have plans of owning.

It's sounding like you have Major issues with the DP. like I said before with problems with the DP, you should uninstall it and roll back to 8.0 GDR3 till your final is released from your carrier/Nokia.

Bashing Microsoft and Windows Phone because a Preview/Public beta test is not working for you is wrong. When the final released and you have major problems, Then you have a RIGHT to complain.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 630 so I don't know the issues with the 630. I have a 929/ICON,and personally don't take an offence to this, I really don't care what is going on a phone that I do not own or even have plans of owning.

It's sounding like you have Major issues with the DP. like I said before with problems with the DP, you should uninstall it and roll back to 8.0 GDR3 till your final is released from your carrier/Nokia.

Bashing Microsoft and Windows Phone because a Preview/Public beta test is not working for you is wrong. When the final released and you have major problems, Then you have a RIGHT to complain.

The 630 comes with 8.1 Cyan(is there Daffodil which is supposed to be the finalest version) installed and my problems do not have to do with the way it handles.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Google's Hangout app is hella buggy from the start and till now haven't been fixed yet.
I still remember when 500kB app Google Talk was replaced with 20MB laggy Hangouts on my Xperia with 320MB of internal storage, which mostly got filled with Googles apps (most apps size increased from 1~3MB to over 20 since Gingerbread). Of course Google couldn't care less, 'get a new phone' was really the only option, because Googles apps weren't movable to SD card without root and special tools. So yeah.
I still remember how bluetooth audio was ruined for 1 year since 4.2 launch, it would lag every few seconds or minutes, if got somewhat fixed, but it still lags every now and then on the latest KitKat.

M$ screwed up with calendar app yesterday, it's already fixed today. The music app truly is terrible, but I can say a couple of things about official Play Music app as well (I use both daily). No OS is perfect, if you don't like it, then get rid of it. (that's meant for OP, not the guy I was quoting of course)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb