Is Microsoft taking the mickey out of us? Are we being mocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't care about whatever BB, Android or iOS are doing. Care about what WP is doing

Then I wouldn't hold them up as an example to make your point. BBM in particular has major problems on both android and IOS mostly related to timely receipt of messages...not to mention being a memory hog. I feel sorry for 512 devices trying to run this. The point is developers can't build perfection into a phone. No developer can. There are always trade-offs when they build. As good as Rudy is, his 6snap crashes on my 920 like crashing is what it was designed to do. He knows it and it'll get better. Just like this phone will.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Then I wouldn't hold them up as an example to make your point. BBM in particular has major problems on both android and IOS mostly related to timely receipt of messages...not to mention being a memory hog. I feel sorry for 512 devices trying to run this. The point is developers can't build perfection into a phone. No developer can. There are always trade-offs when they build. As good as Rudy is, his 6snap crashes on my 920 like crashing is what it was designed to do. He knows it and it'll get better. Just like this phone will.
Xbox Music and Skype on iOS and Android are much better than the WP apps.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I want to say that this last update for XBM has changed a LOT! It just moved XBM out of the 'crap' category. I like it now, and if they can add the things they listed it will be great!

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I want to say that this last update for XBM has changed a LOT! It just moved XBM out of the 'crap' category. I like it now, and if they can add the things they listed it will be great!

I guess this is one of those cases, when "bug fixes and improvements" truly mean fixes and improvements :)

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
You know what windows phone 8.1/cyan isn't even official you are just using developer preview and those apps but have you ever tried ios preview or android preview.
They work like bull**** hangs every time.:angry:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
IMO the roll out of 8.1 has been a disaster. The preview is unstable and has perf problems in my phone. Only one device launched with the new OS. It's like they're doing a poor job o they don't have any faith in this release.
I still want to see modern UI 2.0 before abandoning the ship.
8.1 hasn't been rolled out - it is beta as it stands right now. You had to enroll into a program where you effectively became a beta tester. And if your phone is now unstable - that's on you and your phone - because while the build may be buggy for some, it is not unstable. Stop taking your own personal experience and making it an absolute.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think we are really making circles here ;-)

It's an unfortunate consequence of long threads. Once they get over a certain length, people only read a few posts and then reply without really knowing or caring that they're flogging someone else's dead horse (even if the horse is off-topic)....

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Well said sir! Personally I always prefer to use "Extracting the Michael" Microsoft have been doing this for decades of course so no change now with WP which has the potential to be a great OS.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I borrowed my girlfriend's iPhone for a week and Skype was miles ahead of the windows phone version imo and I mean the current version I don't know about past versions

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I borrowed my girlfriend's iPhone for a week and Skype was miles ahead of the windows phone version imo and I mean the current version I don't know about past versions

The previous one was a disaster for me. The new one is great.
And I don't feel any issues with the current WP version of Skype...

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Says who? Do you have an Iphone to say this at least? I do and it truly isn't. I also own an android device too and I got to say, I don't see it. Skype is Skype.
Yes and no. I have an Android which I used for two weeks (GS2 Jellybean) and I sometimes play with an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb