Is Microsoft taking the mickey out of us? Are we being mocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Then I wouldn't hold them up as an example to make your point. BBM in particular has major problems on both android and IOS mostly related to timely receipt of messages...not to mention being a memory hog. I feel sorry for 512 devices trying to run this. The point is developers can't build perfection into a phone. No developer can. There are always trade-offs when they build. As good as Rudy is, his 6snap crashes on my 920 like crashing is what it was designed to do. He knows it and it'll get better. Just like this phone will.

Also, before calling me whiny, click on my profile history and read my posts and thread. Do that, then come back and talk.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't go so far. I went out today and wanted to try new headphones at a store with someone. The load up time for XBM was embarrassing especially as I was just boasting about 8.1 vs android

I have nearly 100 songs and everything is awesome. No 'loading', 'resuming', 'signing in' etc etc. The Video app is slow as hell...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Also, before calling me whiny, click on my profile history and read my posts and thread. Do that, then come back and talk.
I'm not trying to hire you so I don't find researching your post history any at all germane to my opinion about this post. Besides, I'll take you at your word that your post history tells a different story. However on this ONE issue, I feel you are over reacting.

If developers are doing a crap job, and I agree, a few of these "developers" on this platform border between lazy and flat out incompetent. But I don't put that off on Microsoft. This is what MS has always done on the desktop. Build the OS and let dev's do what they do. I think we do agree their should be a different standard when it comes to Windows Phone. At this point it doesn't exist. Until the build standards on WP become the focus for Microsoft, we can only deal with where we are. Building a better platform and hardware FOR developers.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trying to hire you so I don't find researching your post history any at all germane to my opinion about this post. Besides, I'll take you at your word that your post history tells a different story. However on this ONE issue, I feel you are over reacting.

If developers are doing a crap job, and I agree, a few of these "developers" on this platform border between lazy and flat out incompetent. But I don't put that off on Microsoft. This is what MS has always done on the desktop. Build the OS and let dev's do what they do. I think we do agree their should be a different standard when it comes to Windows Phone. At this point it doesn't exist. Until the build standards on WP become the focus for Microsoft, we can only deal with where we are. Building a better platform and hardware FOR developers.

If the developers happen to be part of Microsoft...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It looks like all possible angles and viewpoints of this thread have been discussed. This thread is now closed, since it has run its course. Thanks to all for your participation. ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven