07-13-2014 07:30 AM
206 ... 789
tools
    Microsoft needs a competitor to the Moto G and E, badly. The progress Nokia made in markets like India is being reversed solely because of these 2 devices.
    Hey I don't see any moto's everywhere only Samsung. India is android infected country.most persons in road carry a Samsung.so android will stay for long atleast in price conscious not performance conscious India.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    07-06-2014 01:25 PM
    You missed the lumia 820 having pathetic battery life.

I counted good phones with something missing, 820 doesnt make it to that list, its bulky, bad camera, avg battery life n high cost.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    07-06-2014 01:45 PM
    Hey I don't see any moto's everywhere only Samsung. India is android infected country.most persons in road carry a Samsung.so android will stay for long atleast in price conscious not performance conscious India.

Yes there is samsung everywhere,but ppl are looking for alternative, they dont want to buy a second samsung after one, but there's no option, like consider 520 & 525, but dont have front cam and the dual sim 630, all dont hv front cam, android phones selling at half the rate also have a front cam. Ppl already think WP has less apps, n Nokia's previous ads looked like they were were selling a digicam and not a phone. and if u add lack of hardware features they its a born failure
    07-06-2014 01:49 PM
    Yes there is samsung everywhere,but ppl are looking for alternative, they dont want to buy a second samsung after one, but there's no option, like consider 520 & 525, but dont have front cam and the dual sim 630, all dont hv front cam, android phones selling at half the rate also have a front cam. Ppl already think WP has less apps, n Nokia's previous ads looked like they were were selling a digicam and not a phone. and if u add lack of hardware features they its a born failure
    No Samsung grand series albeit the lag people are.purchasing as they believe in brand atleast in India.so Nokia.or Microsoft cannot compete with Samsung.also see grand 2 ad is aired like 10 times in TV.this will persuade innocent folks into Sammy honey trap.

07-06-2014 01:58 PM
    They should market WP as a fresh new alternative to iOS and Android. We highly over estimate the numbers of smartphone users that feel they need an app for absolutely everything. I read some tech report in 2012 that said the average number of apps on a smartphone were around 50. The people with hundreds and hundreds of apps downloaded and saved to their phone is actually a minority. WP addresses everything the mainstream smartphone users needs a smartphone to do. MSFT needs to continue to push that fact, because WP can only get more and more app support by getting more and more users.

Users come before apps, otherwise Amazon would already have developers writing hundreds of thousands of apps for their phone that's not out yet. Reality is though that those devs will wait to see how many people adopt and use the new Amazon phone before they put in the effort to make an app for the platform.
    you're partially correct:

most people don't need hundreds of applications.

because if their varying interests though, they do require a wide assortment to choose from, to get their desired outcome.
    07-06-2014 07:43 PM
    As has been said before, it's the carriers. I have personally walked into several Verizon stores and asked about various WP phones, and they steered me to android phones. They know all the features of those phones, but don't know anything about the WP phones.

And that's another thing--Windows Phone is a stupid name for an OS.

Windows Phone phones.... ModernUI vs. Metro SkyDrive vs OneDrive Their marketing department sucks soooo bad. And people suck soooo bad for getting duped by the awesome marketing of Apple.
    07-13-2014 07:30 AM
206 ... 789